News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porter IPO was 2010. Your guess is correct. Ownership structure was set out then, which is public and online, unless it has changed.

2010? I was just going by memory. Has it really been that long ago? Time really flies.

2010. Hmmm.......that was also the year Rob Ford became mayor! :(

Did he end up driving himself in today, that part never seemed clear, or did I miss something?
Someone reported that the Escalade was on the move (oh, how I wish it was the white Bronco all over again), and driver Jerry was at City Hall so unless someone else drove him in, it would seem that he drove himself

And we all know Doug never lies...

There was a tweet this morning that said Doug's default mode is lie first. The #RFMG gang with the sit in, scored a sweet photobomb last week with the sign "Doug, that's not true" ...yes we all know.

My friend thought maybe Ford got into an argument with Renata this morning, she bailed, Ford waited for her as long as he could but had to leave. Then as soon as Rob left Renata pulled back into driveway

Could that be why he looked like shit? Not sure how much damage such a tiny woman could do to such a big guy....unless she used a shovel or something.

Someone reported that the Escalade was on the move (oh, how I wish it was the white Bronco all over again), and driver Jerry was at City Hall so unless someone else drove him in, it would seem that he drove himself
Mikey Ford was at City Hall. Perhaps he had the honour of being the driver today.

What about the helicopters?

Great question! Something is up. Helicopters are not normal, no matter if they were news copters following Ford a la OJ, or if they were OPP copters tracking him.
Ford looking like shit.
All the chatter via MM.
If something doesn't happen soon, then we know it was political.

I lived in Ottawa at the time of Brian Smith's murder. He wasn't targeted because he was a journalist. He was shot because he was the first person to come out the door. The shooter is mentally ill, seems to be paranoid schizophrenia, he would have shot anybody who came out that door. Unfortunately for Brian Smith, it was him.

I lived in Ottawa at the time of Brian Smith's murder. He wasn't targeted because he was a journalist. He was shot because he was the first person to come out the door. The shooter is mentally ill, seems to be paranoid schizophrenia, he would have shot anybody who came out that door. Unfortunately for Brian Smith, it was him.

Also in Ottawa at the time. I'm pretty sure the shooter said he was going to target the first onscreen personality that he recognized. So he was kind of after a media person, but mostly he was severely mentally ill, as you say.

Very sad time in Ottawa when it happened. That and the OC Transpo shooting were probably the darkest days of the 1990s in that town.

IIRC, Porter tried to do an IPO back in 2012 or 2013. The plan was shelved at the last minute. My guess is the numbers were not good enough for potential investors. IOW, they were losing money and the future was not bright. My other guess is they are trying to leverage their airport infrastructure to use the jets to fly to more distant destinations and to tap the holiday flights.

I don't know that they plan to divulge their ownership structure unless there is an IPO happening.
If Porter wants jets they can get jets and fly them out of Pearson. The big lie about all of this from Diamond Bob Deluce has been that he can't buy the jets unless he gets an expansion on the island. For all the talk of cookies and espresso and ten minute cabs from the office the fact is that Porter as an entity deals with the same airports as any other airline. You may fly from the Island but you still land at LaGuardia with the rest of the great unwashed.

Deluce wants the city to screw the waterfront so he can have a virtual monopoly on a small International airport and lord it over Air Canada. Screw him.

In my almost fifty years in this corrupt Burg it's been an endless struggle to make the waterfront a place where the citizens of the city want to spend time and feel pride in. That's priceless, noble and profitable even. Every city on earth, has moved airports away from populated waterfronts, yet we still have enough short sighted swine like Mammo and the Fords to push it for a glorified huckster's need to build an empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back