News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
New crack house in the 'hood?

reporterdonpeat 9:32am via Web
Mayor Rob Ford's office confirms he's at a ribbon cutting this morning in the St. Clair Ave. W. & Weston Rd. area.

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/459686615993290752
(I hear Mayor Rob Ford is cutting the ribbon at the new Michael's craft store on St. Clair Ave. W.) #TOpoli

How does any private business think it's a good idea to be associated with Rob Ford? Any reasonable PR pro would have to decide potential downfalls outweigh any positives, no?

First it was 8:00am, now it's noon... Hey, if you're in community housing what else do you have to do with your time? :(

reporterdonpeat 9:38am via Web
Now Rob Ford's Twitter account is encouraging people to show up at TCHC HQ at noon to support Gene Jones

New crack house in the 'hood?

reporterdonpeat 9:32am via Web
Mayor Rob Ford's office confirms he's at a ribbon cutting this morning in the St. Clair Ave. W. & Weston Rd. area.

He's opening a Michael's craft store. Too bad I was planning on checking it out this am. Think I'll stay well back 'til he's split.

Likely another Stockyards store opening.. there's a pathetic photo of him and Nunziata cutting the ribbon for the grand opening of a Terriyaki Experience a few days ago as well... YAWN!! Jobs are up folks and I'm personally responsible for them! See?

I suppose on the other hand, cutting ribbons is better than cutting other stuff on his coffee table but I do question the wisdom in allowing a child to handle scissors..

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/459686615993290752
(I hear Mayor Rob Ford is cutting the ribbon at the new Michael's craft store on St. Clair Ave. W.) #TOpoli

How does any private business think it's a good idea to be associated with Rob Ford? Any reasonable PR pro would have to decide potential downfalls outweigh any positives, no?

He opened an Terriyaki Experience (IIRC) at Stockyards last week with Nunziata and their twitter got reamed for it. I hope the same thing happens with Michaels.

BmEkRaTCMAA9wQr.jpg

Michaels Crafts-Where creativity goes to escape reality.

Attachments

• BmEkRaTCMAA9wQr.jpg
    BmEkRaTCMAA9wQr.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:
One assumes that Overholt is there as Ford's eyes on the day to day TCHC file. She can identify quick wins as they come in and poach them for Ford to take credit (while shutting out the councillor who opened the ticket).

Ford said yesterday that if Jones were to be fired it would be a "bad scene". A bad scene for Jones? TCH residents? TCHC? Ford? I'm thinking he was referring to himself.

Last edited:
Ford said yesterday that if Jones were to be fired it would be a "bad scene". A bad scene for Jones? TCH residents? Ford? I'm thinking he was referring to himself.

Well, we all saw what happened after council "attacked Kuwait." I'm still shocked and awed. A little... maybe... except... uh, not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back