News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing about the bloated man's ridiculous threats is that, given his associations and behaviour, he is a very likely candidate for being at the wrong end of a....um, we'll call it a street scrum.

A question re the Gene Jones stuff: Can anybody tell me what changed at TCHC during his tenure? His defenders keep talking about progress, but all I see in the media is that he was good at responding to tenants. That's good, but what about the big-picture? The repair backlog and waiting list have continued to grow. I don't expect anyone to turn that around in the space of a year or two, but was progress being made? Or were there other issues where he moved the ball? Rob keeps telling us that we're losing a great man, but I don't see the evidence (surprise, surprise).

First Joe Oliver now Iron Shiek....cocooning?

Olivia met with the Sheik:
https://twitter.com/MaryamSun1/status/460130349545451520/photo/1

She is holding his belt.

The Sheik sounds a bit P - Off @ Rob for standing him up:

"The jabroni Rob Ford don't come but my queen lady the @oliviachow show me the respect"

"jabroni Rob Ford you don't come support my movie with Toronto producer @magenboys I bring my lady the @oliviachow to the @bellybustersub 3pm"
https://twitter.com/towhey/status/460136660169404416/photo/1

Jabroni:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jabroni

Last edited:
A question re the Gene Jones stuff: Can anybody tell me what changed at TCHC during his tenure? His defenders keep talking about progress, but all I see in the media is that he was good at responding to tenants. That's good, but what about the big-picture? The repair backlog and waiting list have continued to grow. I don't expect anyone to turn that around in the space of a year or two, but was progress being made? Or were there other issues where he moved the ball? Rob keeps telling us that we're losing a great man, but I don't see the evidence (surprise, surprise).

Repair back log when Jones came on board 751M...estimated backlog on exit 862M
Single family dwelings to be sold 2012 55...unable to find an update outside of the article in the Star about the one in the Beach they've taken off market....
Applications for residence are at somewhere around 94K in 2014 which seems to me to be an increase of 20K over 2012
Alexandra Park redevelopment is now on going (good thing)
Regent Park revitization is completing Phase 2 and getting ready for Phase 3 (good thing)
Lawrence Park redevelopment seems to be progressing albeit slowly (good thing)
I would think Gene Jones's biggest shortfall is not conveying to the senior government mandarins the dire need TCHC has for seed money...I think he left it in the hands of pols rather than getting his feet dirty or else he didn't know how to do it the Canadian way...

Nothing beats the Original location on Yonge Street circa late night 1980's...

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I didn't even know they had one downtown until I passed by it a few days ago while on the 504, thinkin' "how about that....!"

80s in Toronto is a bit before my time though.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I didn't even know they had one downtown until I passed by it a few days ago while on the 504, thinkin' "how about that....!"

80s in Toronto is a bit before my time though.

The 80's was the era when Toronto began losing its "small town innocence".

sweetlou:

And all he managed to get is a dozen loud ones. That kind of put things into stark perspective.

AoD

Which also throws focus upon the fact that by nature, TCHC provides housing to those who're "on assistance". Including those w/some kind of mental problems or some kind of impairment that prevents them from leading "normal existences", or even a "normalized" perspective on how things really work.

Wouldn't mind knowing what makes those "dozen loud ones" tick.

Is the goal now for Rob to suggest Ford Nation (what's left of it) will morph into some kind of demented destructive force? A summer of pedestrians being randomly shot, cars overturned and set on fire, maybe an old fashioned Watts riot? Dangerous BS.

From the Star article above: In essence, Ford was suggesting his druglord friends, his crackhead compatriots in Etobicoke, and the malleable masses could rise up and raise holy hell because the “corrupt†city was sticking it to them once again.

Funny thing is, it may not necessarily be Watts-type violence. Remember that a number of pages back, I speculated on the hypothetical of a Boston Marathon-type calamity at World Pride, perhaps fueled by Ford Nationers frightened that "their jig is up" (and more likely the IHTWORF end than the Dicon Bloods end)

I was the first in this forum to speculate on "municipal civil war" potential--and here, through RoFo's bluster, you can speculate on how such a thing could start. (Though admittedly, my original speculation was on "what if he won again" grounds, yet this present speculation is more on "what if the jig was up for him" grounds.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back