News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metroman seemed pretty confident two days ago in his prediction that if a warrant didn't happen within 48 hours is wasn't going to happen. Are we to assume that it is now never going to happen?

Mine was an '84 so they had 4 years to fix all the problems with it. I loved that car!

They say you never forget your first. :)

Metroman seemed pretty confident two days ago in his prediction that if a warrant didn't happen within 48 hours is wasn't going to happen. Are we to assume that it is now never going to happen?

Perhaps it's like that missing Malaysian Airlines flight. That there may never be closure. That some things may forever remain a mystery?

Old picture so don't get excited:

tumblr_mwu2srgPCf1qfbsg1o1_250.jpg

How funny is it that while to most Canadian hockey fans, Jonathan Toews is the guy whose jersey you'd want, yet he picks Patrick Kane's. Kane is a party animal who got in legal trouble a few years ago for abusing a cabbie.

Attachments

• tumblr_mwu2srgPCf1qfbsg1o1_250.jpg
    tumblr_mwu2srgPCf1qfbsg1o1_250.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 949
Last edited:
I think it is exceedingly likely that he has gone into rehab for real.

My theory is that the entire last few days have basically amounted to an family intervention.

Doug realized weeks ago that his brother was not going to stop binge drinking and using crack. He disappeared to Chicago to put the rehab plan in place, book the treatment center etc.

Kathy and Lisi were enlisted to put Rob in a room with crack cocaine, and "Unnamed" was there to film him getting loaded, and leak the footage of Rob huffing on the pipe in a matter of a few days. That's why there's 6 minutes of footage.

Rob of course had no idea his brother was going to force him into rehab, and is no doubt cursing as we speak, as he enters the long night of detox and drying out.

I like this theory, but the hole is that I can't imagine Doug putting Kathy and Lisi into the video/story.

Didnt hotmail lawyer say that Rob was going to inpatient drug treatment?

I like this theory, but the hole is that I can't imagine Doug putting Kathy and Lisi into the video/story.

I think this whole strategy would be illegal on several fronts.

Also, if the family cares enough about Rob to put him into rehab, why not Kathy also? :confused:

Also, if the family cares enough about Rob to put him into rehab, why not Kathy also? :confused:

And why would they act like 30 days will cure everything? Whenever an athlete goes into a substance abuse programme, all you hear is the game is not important, he has to get his life in order and take all the time he needs. With Ford, 30 days is what he needs and he'll be back campaigning.

I think this was all planned but the video forced their hand. From a campaign perspective June would be the ideal time to disappear for a month when nobody is paying attention and then return in triumph for when things heat up. They were either going to keep rehab in their back pocket in case another crisis erupted, or failing that he could make an announcement out of the blue and look like he's taking responsibility. The former happened and here we are.

While other media continues to obsess over drugs I say good on the Star for moving on. Corruption and cronyism is more likely to kill the political viability of both Rob and Doug. The drug scandal primarily impacts Rob leaving Doug with free reign to swoop in and give Ford Nation their Ford gravy train saviour.

Go Star!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back