News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should check the Brampton party mansion basement.

If he arrived in Chicago, am I right to think he could have boarded a second longer range plane to a different country without going through US customs? Perhaps he IS in Mexico or the Caribbean.

I continue to believe that we'll never see Rob again, at least in any meaningful context (e.g. campaigning for mayor). Doug wants the PC leadership and Rob has run out of do-overs.

I do believe this 'rehab' gig was intended to get Rob out of town for the duration of the provincial election. That sounds more like something Doug would care about - his brother's health not so much. But then Rob either screws it up by changing his mind, or has his mind changed for him at the US border. Another fine Ford plan goes off the rails. And if Rob was denied entry, that's got to hurt. After all, the US media understand and love Rob, not like the Canadian maggots, and Rob's imaginary future of US talk shows, trips to buy cowboy boots, and vacays at the Florida condo will disappear down the drain.

UT's next poll: where is Rob?

Also look for fun times as Doug does, or doesn't, insert himself into provincial election shenanigans.

Homemade "rehab" seems to be a likely solution here. The Fords have a well-known distrust of all authority, including so-called medical professionals or addiction experts, and have a habit of doing everything on the cheap. Motel room sounds about right.

It's a thing with them, isn't it. They don't trust expertise of any sort. Look at the way they treat professional city staff. Or how Rob hires people without work experience. That's another FN trait as well I suspect - suspicion of any kind of book learnin'.

Maybe Rob will show up, demanding his old job back. Just add a few more security guards...with tasers.

JoshMatlow 7:58am via Twitter for iPhone
It's nice that everyone will focused on the council meeting today now that the mayor has left. There's no way he could distract Toronto now.

Last edited:
I do believe this 'rehab' gig was intended to get Rob out of town for the duration of the provincial election. That sounds more like something Doug would care about - his brother's health not so much. But then Rob either screws it up by changing his mind, or has his mind changed for him at the US border. Another fine Ford plan goes off the rails. And if Rob was denied entry, that's got to hurt. After all, the US media understand and love Rob, not like the Canadian maggots, and Rob's imaginary future of US talk shows, trips to buy cowboy boots, and vacays at the Florida condo will disappear down the drain.

UT's next poll: where is Rob?

Also look for fun times as Doug does, or doesn't, insert himself into provincial election shenanigans.

Except the RoFo story broke before the NDP announcement. I think when a picture of you with a crack pipe in your hand is plastered all over the news, rehab is the only option. Yes, we all were pretty sure he smoked crack before, but none of us had actually seen the evidence of that until this week.

I think you are really giving these guys too much credit. DoFo thinks that regardless of what they do, it won't stick to them since it never has at any time in the past. I also think that given that the Brothers Jones aren't actually that close, DoFo is probably pretty confident the foibles of his brother won't taint him down the road.

Someone should check the Brampton party mansion basement.

If he arrived in Chicago, am I right to think he could have boarded a second longer range plane to a different country without going through US customs? Perhaps he IS in Mexico or the Caribbean.

No he would have to go through US customs first. Midway is predominately domestic (maybe some Mexican destinations) but very limited.

I'm starting to put more and more stock in the idea that Doug set Rob Ford up.

I don't think he did it maliciously. I think maybe he thought this was the only way to force Rob into rehab.

The recordings both happened in Ford-friendly location (Kathy's basement, a bar across the street from his house.)

Doug disappears to chicago, Rob gets set up, Doug has arranged a whole rehab trip for him, starting in Chicago...

Best part is, it appears to have been the latest round of allegations that have caused him to be barred from the US. So if Doug actually did it, he completely fucked it up.

The fact that it got completely fucked up is part of what makes me think it was a Doug Ford plan.

From Twitter:

Tony Smyth ‏@LateNightCam 2h
Reports that Rob Ford withdrew his application to enter the USA. This is usually the option given rather than detention when denied entry.

AoD

I don't really know how accurate the "RoFo denied entry to the US" story is ... Immigration's policy is basically crimes of 'moral turpitude', drugs qualify but he's never been convicted of a drug crime and he IS the mayor of Toronto... I'm not sure he actually got denied. I think he just didn't go.

euler:

Well, the response provided by the Consul General is rather couched - and not one you'd expect if he didn't show.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back