News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT is hosted on a secure site. At best packet sniffing will tell you that the phone is visiting UT, but they'll never know what's being transmitted. There's a theoretical man-in-the middle attack, but that is highly unlikely and would require a compromised router.

Thanks for mentioning this!

One quibble, though -- UT may be hosted on a secure site, but when you navigate to the site, by default the connection is http (not https). I would guess that a lot of people use the insecure mode without thinking about it, because it's the default. (That's what I've always done).

Amended to ask: how does one connect securely?

Last edited:
Oooh...it's ON!!!

I'm still undecided, but I definitely think Soknacki will get above 5%. With or without Ford in the race.

Here's a preview of your new avatar :)

View attachment 26862

Not mine. :D

To make it fair, on the very low chance that I lose, I'll be ok with wearing each avatar of any winners for a month each, rather than wear your avatars for a month total.

UT is hosted on a secure site. At best packet sniffing will tell you that the phone is visiting UT, but they'll never know what's being transmitted. There's a theoretical man-in-the middle attack, but that is highly unlikely and would require a compromised router.

I'd like to take your word for it, as I appreciate your posts a lot. You might well be correct, but I'm skeptical as my UT experience does not use SSL. I have been wrong many times before though :)

Not mine. :D

To make it fair, on the very low chance that I lose, I'll be ok with wearing each avatar of any winners for a month each, rather than wear your avatars for a month total.

You'll pray for duckies when I'm through with ya! Well, that or I'll look really dumb. Wouldn't be the first time.

Did anyone hear this?

@jlancasterCBC: Coming up on @CBCToronto: you'll hear from a witness who watched as the OPP moved in on the Mayor's SUV. #sl

Did anyone hear this?

@jlancasterCBC: Coming up on @CBCToronto: you'll hear from a witness who watched as the OPP moved in on the Mayor's SUV. #sl

Saw it on CP24. Still had the plates on when being towed. There were photos of them on while under tow.

But, the impound operator says the plates were off when the Escalade arrived. :confused:

OPP says they did not remove them.

Last edited:
Did anyone hear this?

New detail is that witness overheard OPP say McRobb was doing 150 in an 80 zone.

Again, not exactly lending credence to investigation:

@KatieSimpson24: Det. Sgt. Gary Giroux says he has not seen the new alleged crack videos (the ones viewed by Globe & Mail reporters). Still looking for it

Inclined to agree, sadly. From early high hopes, it doesn't seem like the TPS has anything more than the extortion charge, which OPP apparently spiked.

I'd settle for drunk driving or a simple possession charge. Is that really too much to ask for???

Just spit balling, but maybe the tow-trucker driver was given a little consideration to remove the plates, so everyone's technically been honest.

Maybe he's gonna wait till this blows over and then sell the famous RoFo plates on eBay! ;)

(probably not a good idea, though)

New detail is that witness overheard OPP say McRobb was doing 150 in an 80 zone.

That would be street racing, would it not?

But, I don't believe she was charged with that.

Just spit balling, but maybe the tow-trucker driver was given a little consideration to remove the plates, so everyone's technically been honest.

^ Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back