News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the male was already in the office when the security notes began? It might be worth an FOI to go a bit further back that day to see if there is anything about a male visitor arriving.

Or he may have just been dropping her off and waiting for her to return or something, not actually entering the building other than at the end there. Could even just be a taxi driver too called to pick her up.

And the most important question of all -- how was this man able to project himself 30 years into the future and pay a visit to city hall IN THE YEAR 2014?

Denim jacket, blue jeans, white sneakers (likely high-top, possibly Converse or Nike), and a mullet? WTF :)

Must have been @80sDougFord.

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 2.49.48 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 2.49.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 2.49.48 PM.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:
The Ford family will need to face the fact that after October 27th, Rob Ford will be totally unemployable. The only thing I can see him doing is a 3:00 am infomercial flogging "collectible" bobbleheads.

I predict a short post-politics career of reality tv appearances, followed by a longer string of gigs as a featured attraction at county fair dunk tanks.*

*Typed 'drunk tanks' at first. And yeah, those too, I guess.

While it seems kinda tinfoil-hatty, I also don't think it helps that Rocco Rossi and George Smitherman looked so similar with their gleaming bald domes. Rossi dropped out of the Mayoral race not endorsing anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if less-informed had mixed up Smitherman and Rossi and got confused at the poll.

It took an election for those two baldies to put their heads together and make an ass of themselves.

While it seems kinda tinfoil-hatty, I also don't think it helps that Rocco Rossi and George Smitherman looked so similar with their gleaming bald domes. Rossi dropped out of the Mayoral race not endorsing anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if less-informed had mixed up Smitherman and Rossi and got confused at the poll.

Rob Ford beat David Miller in the last election. Nobody else mattered.

And the most important question of all -- how was this man able to project himself 30 years into the future and pay a visit to city hall IN THE YEAR 2014?

Denim jacket, blue jeans, white sneakers (likely high-top, possibly Converse or Nike), and a mullet? WTF :)

Not many people remember the straight-to-video Back to the Future IV ...

sadly, i'm not confident that the media will effectively handle ford's return on friday. i think too many will lap up the 'redemption' narrative and let him skate, as ever. do we think anyone's going to take him to task and prove me wrong? if i had 10 minutes, i think i'd spend 60 seconds, max, talking about rehab. "great, you're back. glad things went well." then i'd shift immediately to 'work' and not let him deviate from that. banging away on the 'what i do in my personal time' thing is a losing game, especially now when he'll be doubling down on sympathy and indignation.

i think the smart play now would be to press hard on misuse of office. press hard on bent business deals with deco, and maybe even on the shady people visiting the mayor's office late at night. i think that's the much more fruitful line, but i worry that reporters (and council members) are going to spend far too much time making this all about his waistline and his suntan, which is exactly what rob and doug want.

Indeed!

I think I chose Aug 3... But I sadly don't think it will ever happen now. At least for the reasons originally thought ( Projects Brazen/Traveller).

I'm still in it though & would love to be surprised.

Cops still plugging away on Brazen apparently. Apparently they're happy the spotlight is off them a bit. I'm thinking the longer they stick with it the more serious the case must be. Why bother focusing so long on whether he told Dro to make threatening calls? Seems too minor to carry on with.

I predict a short post-politics career of reality tv appearances, followed by a longer string of gigs as a featured attraction at county fair dunk tanks.*

*Typed 'drunk tanks' at first. And yeah, those too, I guess.

I predict that Rob Ford will move to Manitoba and resurrect his political career as the Mayor of Windsor.

Cops still plugging away on Brazen apparently. Apparently they're happy the spotlight is off them a bit. I'm thinking the longer they stick with it the more serious the case must be. Why bother focusing so long on whether he told Dro to make threatening calls? Seems too minor to carry on with.

I agree. Another case of why not just give up? They know the media cycle makes the public memory shorter than ever. The heat was on them for awhile for not producing results but it's already faded. They're in a great position right now to just let it go. No one would even have much motivation to keep asking about the investigation after the election and Ford's inevitable turfing.

I so want to believe this.

I so want to believe this.

i really do too, but am slowly giving up hope on brazen 2. they've had a team of great people on it for a long time . . . and still no movement except for sandro and bahrami (who i consider more collateral damage than anything else) on little more than petty possession charges.

i think increasingly it's getting to a place where the only acceptable outcome is a massive takedown, but also increasingly unlikely that that's what's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back