News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Doug Ford's completely baseless accusations of racism against Joe Killoran are a violation of the Code of Conduct for Members of Council.

Article XIV - Descreditibable Conduct "All members of Council have a duty to treat members of the public, one another, and staff appropriately and without abuse, bullying or intimidation". Surely going to the media to accuse someone of racism, without even the slightest shred of proof, is a violation of this provision.

Is that copied and pasted from an official document? Because that spelling of discreditable isn't even close!

It's amazing but that definition basically describes rob and doug's entire time in council. That is their standard code of conduct.

Is that copied and pasted from an official document? Because that spelling of discreditable isn't even close!

It's amazing but that definition basically describes rob and doug's entire time in council. That is their standard code of conduct.

Considering Rob reads at about the level of a grade 3 kid. I wouldn`t be surprised if they took that point to mean, that`s how they should act.......

yikes. . . i just watched the CP24 interview with smyth. pretty awful stuff.

i'm thinking it was a few minutes into that one that rob decided that being back wasn't fun any more, and ordered his new comms/PR man to cancel the rest of the interviews.

so far, this comeback has been spectacularly bad. barring any major turnarounds in literally the next day or two, is it fair to say that the redemption narrative is dead? if anything, the people finally seem emboldened to oppose ford openly.

anyone adjusting their predictions of how the coming days/weeks will play out?

Love this article. It needs to be said how useless these two are. When Rob was gone, Toronto just felt quieter and more civil. All they do is muck things up and make every issue into a sideshow. I read a comment somewhere (wish I could remember, likely a newspaper site) about how Rob's never been a leader and shown vision, he's just reactive and battles over every monetary issue under the guise of "saving the taxpayers' money" but in the end, doesn't really accomplish much at all and certainly doesn't move the city forward. I can't think of any initiative tied to him, it's always been him jumping on to others' ideas, championing them until they flop and then ranting/insulting the people involved.
This reminds me of my Tweet yesterday...
https://twitter.com/JasonParis/status/484459465933324289

ward5candidates.PNG

Nico Fidani-Diker is one of the many running for council in ward 5. Presume he's the Nico Fidani who witnessed Rob's amazing performance at the Garrison Ball among other shenanigans, as a former employee of the Mayor's office.

Attachments

• ward5candidates.PNG
    ward5candidates.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 916
Rob seems to have confused admitting to your mistakes with taking responsibility for them. In recovery speak, he's started Step 8 (making a list of all people harmed) and decided to skip Step 9 (making direct amends). Now, in reality though he has also skipped Step 8, because he is supposed to make a list that includes every person who he has harmed. He seems to think that a blanket apology for everyone he *may* have offended counts. It doesn't count in the court of public opinion, and more importantly it doesn't count towards his recovery. There are reasons behind Step 8 and Step 9, and it isn't so that an individual get forgiveness. The aim is to admit to and take responsibility for your actions, allowing you to move forward without the wreckage of the past weighing you down. An individual learns more about humility in the process.

To start, in order to take responsibility for something specific he admitted to in his recent interview, getting drunk at work, the appropriate amends would be to resign. Now, the caveat is that he was lying because the ITO shows he did in fact at least smoke weed in his office.

Rob Ford is very much still in the contemplation stage of recovery/change. He likely wants the bad stuff to stop happening, but doesn't yet want to give up the substances completely.

i'm thinking it was a few minutes into that one that rob decided that being back wasn't fun any more, and ordered his new comms/PR man to cancel the rest of the interviews.

so far, this comeback has been spectacularly bad. barring any major turnarounds in literally the next day or two, is it fair to say that the redemption narrative is dead? if anything, the people finally seem emboldened to oppose ford openly.

Speaking of the new comms guy Jeff Silverstein - rather ironic he was the producer of W5 - would his W5 produce an episode on Rob Ford like it did back in 2013, after his departure?

AoD

Rob seems to have confused admitting to your mistakes with taking responsibility for them. In recovery speak, he's started Step 8 (making a list of all people harmed) and decided to skip Step 9 (making direct amends). Now, in reality though he has also skipped Step 8, because he is supposed to make a list that includes every person who he has harmed. He seems to think that a blanket apology for everyone he *may* have offended counts. It doesn't count in the court of public opinion, and more importantly it doesn't count towards his recovery. There are reasons behind Step 8 and Step 9, and it isn't so that an individual get forgiveness. The aim is to admit to and take responsibility for your actions, allowing you to move forward without the wreckage of the past weighing you down. An individual learns more about humility in the process.

To start, in order to take responsibility for something specific he admitted to in his recent interview, getting drunk at work, the appropriate amends would be to resign. Now, the caveat is that he was lying because the ITO shows he did in fact at least smoke weed in his office.

Rob Ford is very much still in the contemplation stage of recovery/change. He likely wants the bad stuff to stop happening, but doesn't yet want to give up the substances completely.

Let's move away from this whole addiction/recovery model - at some point, there has to be a realization that his failures go far beyond mere substance use.

AoD

marcusbgee 4:26pm via Echofon
Doug Ford just told the media at a youth day event that everyone has a "little bump in the road" so people shouldn't condemn his brother.

marcusbgee 4:26pm via Echofon
Doug Ford just told the media at a youth day event that everyone has a "little bump in the road" so people shouldn't condemn his brother.

"I had an unfortunate setback, a bump, Monday," Ford acknowledged from his second- floor City Hall office in between returning constituent phone calls. "I have no excuse, but I am not apologizing for it."
- Rob Ford, Jan 2014

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/23/mayor-rob-ford-promises-to-quit-drinking-again

What exactly is a "crackerjack"?

ddale8 4:38pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford quintuples down: "This teacher in my opinion, Doug Ford’s opinion, is a little crackerjack, running around with no shirt on."

There is also one other group of people that Rob Ford had, continues to have, and will have no interviews (allegedly) with. The police still want to have a one-on-one interview with Rob Ford.

165292793.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back