News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who are calling for Death To Ford might want to rethink that. If Robbie dies before the election, Doug or Mikey will slide into office on the sympathy vote. Just sayin'.

Yep. Should that morbid possibility actually happens, it could be 4 years of Thug Ford Lyfe.

I really hope Rob Ford survives his addictions. Not because I'm a great humanitarian.
But because I still hope there is an arrest in the future, and he's physically and mentally
fit to stand trial.

No the Fords have had a scorched earth policy towards this city. They are actively trying to do bad things, criminal things, corrupt things.
They should be run outta town. No way should anyone from that family get another chance at public service.

I do agree, but if ward 2 would go for another spawn of this diseased family, I'll settle for him as a councillor.

Besides, we can watch the rest of his 'redemption' this way.

I'd love to see the cops arrest him while city council is in session.

I don't understand the concept of "holding the seat" for Rob Ford. If Mikey wins, he's going to step down and his uncle will automatically be put in his place? That's not how it works.

It doesn't work that way in reality, there are rules, maybe the Fords don't think so but shtick will only work for just a little while longer.

Mikey Ford would need a bigger excuse than, say, a broken toe, to quit council.
"This is too hard, I quit" won't work, either. A by-election would be a waste of money just to bring Rob back? If anything, maybe Doug thinks Rob can run again for mayor in 4 years? If Nixon can try for the presidency twice, why can't Rob do it? Maybe that's the plan. Then again, Nixon wasn't as hated the first time as he was later on.

FAS? Maybe they think council would appoint Robbie as interim councillor.

It's niggling, but can you please not use "president" and Robbie in the same statement.

Fees? This is the Fords. You can't buy*, or teach loyalty.

*They might try to rent your loyalty though, I believe their rate ranges from a hotdog, yelling at a pothole on your street, to a max of $5k and a car.

Right you are... but you can beat loyalty in someone, ask Lisi. ;)

The people who are calling for Death To Ford might want to rethink that. If Robbie dies before the election, Doug or Mikey will slide into office on the sympathy vote. Just sayin'.

Unless of course they are persons of interest in that death, either criminally or morally as enablers of his "disease".

Last edited:

No they won't, Doug is even less popular than Rob. He lacks the jovial bumbling idiot persona that gives Rob a certain kind of charisma - he just looks angry and awkward all the time which is a big turn off to voters.

There might be a problem with Ford Fest being held in a City Park next week. John Furr is very interested in the permit rules as they apply to a candidate running for office.

John Furr
‏@JohnFurrToronto
Any #law firm up 4 a little pro bono work? Just a small application 4 an injunction against event using city park #TOpoli #Toronto #ONpoli
http://www1.toronto.ca/City%20Of%20Toronto/City%20Clerks/Elections/Candidates/Files/Use%20of%20City%20Resources%20during%20an%20Election.pdf
Section B4 would seem to suggest he's right at least.

No they won't, Doug is even less popular than Rob. He lacks the jovial bumbling idiot persona that gives Rob a certain kind of charisma - he just looks angry and awkward all the time which is a big turn off to voters.

Exactly. I know this sounds odd to say, but Doug is Rob without the populist "charm" that Ford Nayshun loves.

There's another difference. Doug is also the brains. Rob's a hollow shell who's told what to think, say and do.

Doug was never a real concern...I was always more interested in what Kouvalis\Towhey were up to in terms of governing....

Doug Ford took over after he fired Towhey....

Last edited:
That is so true! Eveytime I have been at the sit in and have seen Doug walk by, he always has an air of heavy footed + pugnacious bitterness.
And because he is such a wide man, it is easy to see why he has been able to intimidate people for so long.

Not to disagree, but they may argue it is being held in honour of their mother and late father.

Although I would ask how a family with roots in Etobicoke and Ward 2 could love Scarborough so much. Even their family park is in Etobicoke.

But what if they hand out FORD MAYOR magnets and buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back