News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the friggen op ed in the STAR makes sense now - prop the guy up and warn he may win knowing that the very next day this comes out. dammit. I hate no sleep.

Am I the only one who thinks that Dan Rath story is a few months out-of-date? It reads like the usual vague whatever until you hit his magical fourth factor - the supposed "tidal wave". The redemption angle would have made sense if this was written around the time of his return from rehab, but at this point it's all ringing hollow. There is no evidence of a "reformed" Rob Ford, and the Ford campaign isn't promoting that message at all. He has dropped all semblance of contrition, he's stopped using the "one day at a time" language of rehab, and sobriety coach has disappeared. This just doesn't seem like the clincher to his argument that he thinks it is.

Here's the key bit from the article:

"But the tidal wave in this fall’s perfect storm is factor four — the potential appeal of a “reformed†Rob Ford. Doug Ford is a cunning strategist; he can read these tea leaves, too. His candidate brother can deliver his lines and execute, not suavely, but with great impact and effectiveness.

If the Fords put the mayor forward as a contrite, changed person who has learned a lesson from everything he’s been through, the conditions are in place for him to cobble together enough votes to prevail over John Tory and Olivia Chow on Oct. 27."
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/08/27/why_rob_ford_will_win_again_in_toronto.html

Leaflets with documented Rob Ford slurs should be distributed to every Black, South Asian, Italian, and Jewish household in city.

We can begin with nigger, kike, dago, paki...

Yeah, well. I posted a satirical image some weeks ago (suitable for T-shirts, leaflets, etc.) for exactly that reason and was shot down immediately because "the words are offensive". Yeah, I know they are; but our MINO spoke them, and that's why I put them in quotation marks. Because all those ethnic communities ought to be reminded (no, probably informed for the first time) that Rob Ford actually called them those disgusting names. But good luck with your idea anyway. (I believe the mods deleted the post, so don't bother searching back. PM me if you want a copy.)

and in response:

@erikawybourn 23m
@DanFmTo ofcourse it doesn't; I'm convinced the Tory team spread this rumour to get him scare votes #TOpoli

DanFmTo 22m
@erikawybourn I could believe Nicky would try that.

someone was wondering what Kouvalis was up to? ;)

yeah, I think propping up RoFo to seem stronger than he really is (same with the Star's opinion piece) only hurts the Fords. It pokes some complacent people, reminds them that they have to vote Ford out, not just sit around and hope others do it for them.

I have no doubt that's where the "Chow is tanking" talk originated, too. Say it enough times, and it scares people away from her, toward the only other person who can beat Ford, and then becomes reality. Not that she's running a great campaign - she's definitely not - but I don't think Tory's campaign is any more inspiring than her campaign is.

Last edited:
Horse's mouth--

NickKouvalis 10:20pm via Twitter for Android
@ivortossell I don't know of any poll that has Ford in 1st, but I have him in 2nd & Chow way back in 3rd. It's all over for Chow.

Yes, but this is Kouvalis. So even if it is true in some sense it is a lie in some sense. Kind of like Doug - who hired him in 2010.

Horse's mouth--

NickKouvalis 10:20pm via Twitter for Android
@ivortossell I don't know of any poll that has Ford in 1st, but I have him in 2nd & Chow way back in 3rd. It's all over for Chow.

Hahaha. Right. I realize Chow's campaign has been lackluster, but are we really supposed to believe that progressive voters are abandoning ship for Ford and Tory?? Sorry, I'm just not buying it, and definitely not from Forum or Nick Kouvalis. When EKOS or Nanos or Ipsos release a poll that says Chow is out, then I'll sit up and pay attention.

Regarding the 27% support, I could be wrong, but doubt that even a new crack video or drunken stupor would change that.

Regarding the 27% support, I could be wrong, but doubt that even a new crack video or drunken stupor would change that.

Probably right. Part X of the voting public = will never hear about any such event, only knowing that he is "the Mayor", and life could be worse. Part Y of the voting public = heard about it but it is just a media conspiracy. Part Z of the voting public = "Ford"?, yeah, I know that name, and life could be worse.

@TorStarEditor: #ford #robford Toronto Star Freedom of Information request finally reveal to us on boys' football team .. more shocking behaviour. Stand by.

(Further to my earlier comment about the tweet Daniel Dale sent out)... This one is from Michael Cooke

Daniel Dale's recent tweet implies there's a Star story coming too...

@ddale8: After you read the Star's story, though https://twitter.com/robyndoolittle/status/504802795535761408

The Star and the Globe were the outlets that applied to the IPC to oppose the TCDSB withholding the info. So in the apparent absence of Ford or the TCDSB applying for judicial review of the IPC ruling they both would have received the info from the TCDSB some time today and will be putting up stories tomorrow after getting legal advice about what they can publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back