4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 11.23.18 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 11.23.18 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 11.23.18 PM.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 722
Playing around with a few percentage points is crazy and voting based on these findings is crazy. What no one is talking about but is a very real thing are the number of people who will vote for Ford but won't admit it. There are lots of these people. To ensure a Ford-free mayor's office, vote for the front runner.

Or, something even seamier--the potential number of Ford voters of dubious provenance (non-resident, or multiple voters; any way to "fix" an election will do)

From what I can gather from the image - the Bosco story talks about the players having to roll around in goose ??; Ford showing up intoxicated to practice; threatening teachers; leaving the school with a $5K bill for helmets that he promised to pay for, etc. etc. Stuff that would have been truly shocking not that long ago... but we've come a long way, I suppose (sadly).

It's pretty straightforward - his ideas resonate strongly with the demographic that visits UT. He's not getting mired in the publicity side of things (which will be his downfall), but rather he's spending his time actually developing policy and platform. He's not divisive and his statements that draw attention to other candidates' platforms are devoid of irrational hyperbole and pointless "GONNA STEAL UR TAX MONIES" garbage - they actually focus pretty much exclusively on their platforms and policies. Of the four remaining major candidates, he's clearly the most interested in having an adult conversation about moving the city forward. Simply put, to many, he's the best anti-Ford candidate out there.

And Soknacki's trouble is: while he's speaking, Rob Ford's posing on a turntable, Sofia Vergara-style.

I can make out some of it, but not all. He threatened to beat up a teacher, ignored requests to complete criminal background checks, and left the school with a $5000 tab for helmets that he promised to pay for. He showed up intoxicated to the last practice before the metro bowl. It says something about him making the players roll in "goose" something but I can't really make it out.

Last edited:
Tory 34%
Ford 31%
Chow 23%
Socknancki 4%
Other 7%

That's what's above the crease... so the Bosco news is... less newsworthy.

Man. That sucks. The only possible consolation is that Forum also published a poll that put Rob at 23% a while back. The 31% is roughly within the margin of error for his 27%, which has been pretty consistent. So is the 23%, so it *possible* he holding steady. Now, if we get another poll with this result, we're in big trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back