4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 10.15.18 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 10.15.18 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 10.15.18 AM.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 843
Laugh as you will about the silly subway plan but, like everything else that comes from Ford, this is BREAKING NEWS at the top of all media. Not surprising he still has so much support given how much attention he gets.

Laugh as you will about the silly subway plan but, like everything else that comes from Ford, this is BREAKING NEWS at the top of all media. Not surprising he still has so much support given how much attention he gets.

Interesting to see how the different outlets covered the story - The Star and NP both had people working late, because they published pretty detailed critiques of the fantasy numbers. CBC didn't have anything ready before the announcement, while Global and The Sun both published his plan verbatim and skipped on any assessment of its feasibility.

@ddale8: Most trustworthy: Tory 42, Chow 29, Ford 19. Most competent: Tory 51, Chow 22, Ford 18.

@ddale8: Most trustworthy: Tory 42, Chow 29, Ford 19. Most competent: Tory 51, Chow 22, Ford 18.

It literally destroys me that there are people who don't think he's the most trustworthy or the most competent, but would still consider voting for him. WTF is wrong with people?

@ddale8: Full Nanos poll is up, and wow, found a lot of undecideds - 17%. With undecideds: Tory 35, Ford 23, Chow 21, Unsure 17, Soknacki 3.

It literally destroys me that there are people who don't think he's the most trustworthy or the most competent, but would still consider voting for him. WTF is wrong with people?

Desmond Cole has some good ideas on this (here). My take is a bit less nuanced, there are a lot of people that have simply been ignored by government or been promised help that never came. So Ford, for them, is their Johnny Cash middle finger directed back at the system. No trust or competence required. In fact, lack of both is a bonus.

@ddale8: Full Nanos poll is up, and wow, found a lot of undecideds - 17%. With undecideds: Tory 35, Ford 23, Chow 21, Unsure 17, Soknacki 3.

I think a more accurate term for them would be "Wait and Sees"

At least the spread between first and second place is still large.

No kidding. Ford would need to land 76% of the undecideds without Tory picking up any. Tory only needs one out of five undecideds to put the election out of reach. Not even remotely plausible for Ford at this point*.

*A lot can happen in two months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back