News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe folks at IHTWOMRF, she spoke clearly and without an accent up until this election, when she suddenly switched it on to suck up to Asian communities (really though, wouldn't speaking her native Cantonese be a much approach?).
I dread to ask what IHTWORMF is.

Also:

If Doug Ford does decide to run, does that mean all the fundraising earned for Ford will not be accessible to him?

That is a great question I don't know the answer to. I believe you're right - he wouldn't be able to seize that fundraising. But I'll check.

Since I'm guessing, I would assume a good part of the camping money is in donation of services, and Deco money.

He was 73. If Doug Sr. had been in his early 50s when he died, then he'd be about 60 today, having fathered all four kids by 15. No wonder he went down in defeat to Marilyn Bell - those darned kids wore him out.

:D Post of the day.

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 34s
Jaklin Gulpshin, who was visiting her mother at HRH, says she saw Mayor Ford leave the hospital. #TOpoli

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 21s
Gulpshin says Ford was on a stretcher and being loaded into an ambulance. When she asked nurses, they told her Ford was being transferred.

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 1m
She believes he is headed to a hospital downtown. #TOpoli

Yep, a transfer.

It can't be directly for oncology at the moment, probably St. Mikes for G.I.

ETA: MS has a good G.I. department.

Last edited:
Let's keep our fingers crossed then!

I wouldn't say it's my principle reason, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a contributing factor. It's not about fat-shaming as I could stand to lose a double-digit number of pounds myself, but I believe that the way in which the mayor treats him or herself is indicative of the way they will approach running the City. If a person can't be arsed to treat themselves with respect, to show concern for their own personal health and well-being, then why should I believe that they'll treat the city any different? If a person runs their life with poor impulse control, then what's going to happen when they're put in charge of a $10b budget and tens of thousands of employees?

Image is extremely important for a City's reputation and livability, and if someone doesn't project a good self-image, then I have no reason to believe they'll impart a good image on the city.

ARGH. The 2 friends I was speaking of earlier both lead extremely healthy lifestyles and are, for the most part, very healthy. They have medical conditions that cause them to be overweight. What gives you the right to judge based on appearance alone?

I almost wonder if Rob Ford's unhealthy and train-wreck life is actually what makes a lot of people like him, and why crack-smoking and lying haven't hurt his base very much. That out of some kind of deep insecurity, they are intimidated by the people they perceive as "elite" and like that Rob is no better or smarter than they are. Maybe someone just barely struggling keeping their life together is comforted that Rob is in the same boat.

I dread to ask what IHTWORMF is.

I Hate the war on Mayor Rob Ford
https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe

I almost wonder if Rob Ford's unhealthy and train-wreck life is actually what makes a lot of people like him, and why crack-smoking and lying haven't hurt his base very much. That out of some kind of deep insecurity, they are intimidated by the people they perceive as "elite" and like that Rob is no better or smarter than they are. Maybe someone just barely struggling keeping their life together is comforted that Rob is in the same boat.

"He can treat us like 'ho's, if he keeps our taxes low."

I think a lot of "folks" like him because you never know what he will say or do next. He's the only celebrity many of them will ever get to meet.

Last edited:
If you believe folks at IHTWOMRF, she spoke clearly and without an accent up until this election, when she suddenly switched it on to suck up to Asian communities (really though, wouldn't speaking her native Cantonese be a much better approach?).

Oh, FFS. Really? Like you can't find older clips on YouTube in which she speaks with pretty much the same accent that she has now?

And yes, you're right: if the Cantonese-speaking electorate were that important, she'd be all over the Asian media and at all the Asian events, which I don't think has been the case.

If anything, I think her accent has become less obvious, almost as if she's worked on it.

Not exactly. German and English share a common ancestor and are more closely related than they might seem some of the time. Both have borrowed from each other but neither is at the root of the other.

The lack of mutual intelligibility comes down to both languages borrowing from different sources and developing different grammars. We know what Tumor and Klinik are because Latin gave those to both German and English, but Krankenhaus? It's a house for those who are krank - ill, unwell - which is related to 'cranky'. German does have the words Hospital and Spital but in Germany they refer to care homes and seniors' residences, whereas Hospital is the standard term for a hospital in Austria and Spital is used almost exclusively in that sense in Switzerland.

And unless you're familiar with the term 'burgomaster' as an archaic word for 'mayor' (which comes from French and ultimately Latin), you probably wouldn't guess that a Bürgermeister is the master of all citizens (Bürger <- Burg = settlement, fortress).

English, especially Modern English is "pigeon" language; I apologize for no proto prefex on German.

I'll leave it at that for now, I have two funerals to help arrange

Is it standard procedure to transfer patients between facilities using the NON EMS transfer Ambulances? Though I suppose if someone is in "critical care" they probably get transferred by Paramedics. Anyone know the policy on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back