8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tiffer24
Sad state of Ford affairs if Rob returns as councillor in October. No more 24/7 media watch, no more smoking crack in the mayor's office, no more private VIP room at Muzik, no more selfies with underaged 905ers....

Not being mayor will be the death of him.

I want to believe... but I just don't think that will happen.

Ford liked the power of being mayor, but hated the actual work. He's relieved. And assuming he wins Ward 2, the circus isn't over - it's not like the media is going to go back to ignoring all but his most outlandish tantrums like they did before he was mayor. No way. He'll still be acting like he's mayor, and the media will still run to him for quotes on everything, turning him into some kind of super-councillor. It means that Ford's bullshit "gravy train" and "respect for taxpayers" shtick will STILL continue to define the discourse at City Hall.

It will be our second worst nightmare.

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 1.58.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 1.58.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 1.58.19 PM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 693
Yes it is strange, and wildly out of character, that rob has not posted pics of himself in his hospital bed, pouring over "important papers", or making phone calls. And not one selfie with a nurse, doctor, etc.? Unlike when he was in hospital for "asthma" related problems in August, 2012:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rd-in-hospital-with-asthma-problems-1.1138550

But I think in all these other cases where we see Ford hard at work, calling constituents from his hospital bed, etc. we've known what's wrong with him. Right now we don't, other than he apparently has a "mass" in his abdominal region. It was suggested, late Friday I believe, that Ford may have be released from MSH and go home to await his test results. That seems to be what normally happens with other people. But it didn't this time so it's a mystery as to why Ford is still in hospital. It may be that he's quite ill and in a lot of pain and in no mood to play mayor. Or he could be hiding out with the permission of MSH. Or it could be something in between. The bottom line is that we don't definitively know what's wrong with him and, as such if he were well enough to be showing up shuffling papers, making calls, posing for hospital gown selfies, people might start to wonder why he's hogging a bed when every other Tom, Dick or Harry in town would have been shown the door for the week until the results were in.

A friend who is a surgeon does a lot of laparoscopic procedures, including for various forms of cancer. He tells me that it is harder to use so-called keyholes on grossly overweight patients, but nonetheless it is done if it can be, because there are so many benefits to avoiding an open incision whenever that is reasonably do-able (which it may not be if a mass is very large or if it is hard to tell where a mass extends to without 'going in for a real look around').

Almost off topic, but since this is officially a medicine and law thread now I will mention that my y spouse, who is an anaesthesiologist, gets a premium payment from OHIP for any case where the patient's BMI is 40 or more. She tells me it takes more effort to control the flow, wear-off time, etc. of the injected and inhaled drugs used in anaesthesia if a patient is grossly overweight.

No doubt the "asthma" plays into that too. I mentioned in a post a day or two ago that Towhey was on 1010 on Friday discussing the turn of events of the day. He mentioned something about Rob being a bit of a "horker"; unfortunately Jim Richards' podcast from Friday isn't up yet to confirm.

No doubt the "asthma" plays into that too. I mentioned in a post a day or two ago that Towhey was on 1010 on Friday discussing the turn of events of the day. He mentioned something about Rob being a bit of a "horker"; unfortunately Jim Richards' podcast from Friday isn't up yet to confirm.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does 'horker' mean?

I spent the first 25 years of my life in Martin Grove Gardens:
https://plus.google.com/108558863408925389628/about?gl=ca&hl=en

so, I'm familiar with Ward 2. There are some nice streets there.

Rob's a 30-year man. Said so himself. He obviously understands our pension formula. He will never give up Ward 2. Not voluntarily at least.

I'm late to the party so ignore this if it has already been mentioned The Ford Family Compound on Weston Wood is in Ward 2....so yes Ward 2 can be pricy....

Last edited:
Almost off topic, but since this is officially a medicine and law thread now I will mention that my y spouse, who is an anaesthesiologist, gets a premium payment from OHIP for any case where the patient's BMI is 40 or more. She tells me it takes more effort to control the flow, wear-off time, etc. of the injected and inhaled drugs used in anaesthesia if a patient is grossly overweight.

Too bad paramedics don't get a similar bonus for breaking their backs carrying the grossly overweight up and down stairs.

Sorry for the "fat shaming".

I want to believe... but I just don't think that will happen.

Ford liked the power of being mayor, but hated the actual work. He's relieved. And assuming he wins Ward 2, the circus isn't over - it's not like the media is going to go back to ignoring all but his most outlandish tantrums like they did before he was mayor. No way. He'll still be acting like he's mayor, and the media will still run to him for quotes on everything, turning him into some kind of super-councillor. It means that Ford's bullshit "gravy train" and "respect for taxpayers" shtick will STILL continue to define the discourse at City Hall.

It will be our second worst nightmare.

But sitting as a counselor you better believe Mayor Tory would have "HIS SPEAKER" toss RoFo from chambers on a regular basis for bad behavior.

...“There will be no media news conference today or campaign kickoff,â€...

Hmmm... a businessman who make public promises and then reneges... funny how the river flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back