News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The illness of Mr. Ford, whose brother Doug has entered the race in his place, puts the Chow and Tory campaigns in awkward positions. They have to criticize Mr. Ford’s mayoral record without seeming to beat up on a cancer patient."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rly-while-awaiting-doug-ford/article20652281/

'Early opinion polls suggest the mayor’s support with voters will transfer to his brother.'

If they had asked the doctor in question if stress, either from the environment or personal actions, can affect the equilibrium of the human body then there would have been a different answer.

That's pretty close to what they asked. His specific answer was that he does not believe in "stress-related masses", across the board. I don't think his point could have been much clearer on this.

"The illness of Mr. Ford, whose brother Doug has entered the race in his place, puts the Chow and Tory campaigns in awkward positions. They have to criticize Mr. Ford’s mayoral record without seeming to beat up on a cancer patient."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rly-while-awaiting-doug-ford/article20652281/

'Early opinion polls suggest the mayor’s support with voters will transfer to his brother.'

They you just have to go after Doug's record. He has none.

You are as clueless as SAL, if you don't know something then you should do some research. Stress can easily and negatively affect the immune system. Cancers are most likely the result of genetic predisposition and/or a compromised immune system. I suggest a start by looking up "auto-immune disease" and expanding your scope of knowledge.

Don't agree at all with the tone of this post, but I do agree that stress is a major risk factor for cancer (and a host of other diseases as well).

There's a whole field of medicine called psychoneuroimmunology that is starting to unpack the links between emotional well-being and the immune system. But it's a relatively new field and it is definitely not the dominant way of understanding how cancer happens. To grossly simplify it: when irregular cells develop, a healthy immune system will rid the body of these cells. However, stress compromises the immune system, rendering it unable to either recognize or eliminate the cells. As a result, the cells proliferate and grow, becoming the cancer we know and dread.

We saw quite clearly where Dr. Cohen stands in this debate, so I'm not surprised he stated there were no known lifestyle risk factors for this type of cancer. (Not to mention, its rarity would make common risk factors more challenging to identify).

For those of you who may be interested, Dr. Gabor Maté's When the Body Says No is a fascinating layperson's summary of the research to date that is illustrated with examples drawn from his own practice and from the world at large. He's an excellent writer, the book is very readable and I highly recommend it.

That's pretty close to what they asked. His specific answer was that he does not believe in "stress-related masses", across the board. I don't think his point could have been much clearer on this.

My apologies for not watching the entire presser. Then the doctor was stating personal opinion, fair enough, that I don't have no problem. However, he did not answer the question they posed if they used similar content to my question.

For those of you who may be interested, Dr. Gabor Maté's When the Body Says No is a fascinating layperson's summary of the research to date that is illustrated with examples drawn from his own practice and from the world at large. He's an excellent writer, the book is very readable and I highly recommend it.

Thumbs up for Dr. Maté. He has done some excellent work in the field of addictions. Highly recommend him as well.

SAL is going off on conspiracy theories but the doctor today showed Ford faked a cancer scare just a few years ago.

The Globe story that was posted here said he got that quote while he was in the hospital bed during that time. I know some might say "Hey he's in the hospital, and was getting questions, he was confused" Which is understandable, it's not like he continued the lie a year later (cue Jon Stewart style evidence that he did just that) CTV news Sept 2010

"I had a major surgery on my appendix; they took out a piece of my colon. So I had a tumour in my appendix, and that's pretty scary when that happens," he told CTV in a September 2010 interview

So literally a year later, just a month before the election. Rob Ford tall tale of having a "tumour" was pushed. Classic Ford. A hint of truth surrounded by pure bullsh*t. See what I mean when I wrote this afternoon "there is a mix of delusion, pathological lying and ego that is hard to read at times." Why on earth would you lie about that. Why repeat it when you are doing good in the polls at the time. Why risk it. These guys have no logic of risk and reward. Both brothers are so messed up.

As for Wormington, shame on the media who quoted the man who said a photo of Ford drinking beer was Ginger-ale and time and time again has been incorrect or what seems like out right lying to pander to Ford. It's on the media who quoted him to take responsibility in quoting a source that is well known to be rotten. Every time Wormington speaks there should be a giant astericks.

Don't agree at all with the tone of this post, but I do agree that stress is a major risk factor for cancer (and a host of other diseases as well).

There's a whole field of medicine called psychoneuroimmunology that is starting to unpack the links between emotional well-being and the immune system. But it's a relatively new field and it is definitely not the dominant way of understanding how cancer happens. To grossly simplify it: when irregular cells develop, a healthy immune system will rid the body of these cells. However, stress compromises the immune system, rendering it unable to either recognize or eliminate the cells. As a result, the cells proliferate and grow, becoming the cancer we know and dread.

We saw quite clearly where Dr. Cohen stands in this debate, so I'm not surprised he stated there were no known lifestyle risk factors for this type of cancer. (Not to mention, its rarity would make common risk factors more challenging to identify).

Well done, thank you.

The Globe story that was posted here said he got that quote while he was in the hospital bed during that time. I know some might say "Hey he's in the hospital, and was getting questions, he was confused" Which is understandable, it's not like he continued the lie a year later (cue Jon Stewart style evidence that he did just that) CTV news Sept 2010

"I had a major surgery on my appendix; they took out a piece of my colon. So I had a tumour in my appendix, and that's pretty scary when that happens," he told CTV in a September 2010 interview

So literally a year later, just a month before the election. Rob Ford tall tale of having a "tumour" was pushed. Classic Ford. A hint of truth surrounded by pure bullsh*t. See what I mean when I wrote this afternoon "there is a mix of delusion, pathological lying and ego that is hard to read at times." Why on earth would you lie about that. Why repeat it when you are doing good in the polls at the time. Why risk it. These guys have no logic of risk and reward. Both brothers are so messed up.

As for Wormington, shame on the media who quoted the man who said a photo of Ford drinking beer was Ginger-ale and time and time again has been incorrect or what seems like out right lying to pander to Ford. It's on the media who quoted him to take responsibility in quoting a source that is well known to be rotten. Every time Wormington speaks there should be a giant astericks.

The only good thing is that they quoted his name and newspaper and didn't say something vague like "Ford told reporters he had a biopsy". Will they do the same when they retract the biopsy story?

It sounds like SAL is once again saying Daniel Dale was peering over Rob's fence in a new column. I will not click on the link. I will not click on the link. I will not click on the link.

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/rob-ford-has-rare--malignant-tumour-211348691.html

According to Toronto Sun columnist Joe Warmington, a member of the media who seems to have unique, direct access to the Fords, the mayor had a second biopsy on his lungs on Monday. However, Cohen clarified Wednesday that Ford does not have a tumour in his lung, rather that the tumour has spread to his buttock.

Warmington, who spoke with Ford on the phone Monday, said that Ford is in "rough shape" in his column, and in an interview with Toronto radio station Newstalk 1010 that day.

ETA: Didn't see that it was the Daily Brew story. It is the one on the front page of Yahoo.

Last edited:
Well done, thank you.

We seem to be drinking the same kool-aid on this! Have you read Dr. Maté's book?

I found it really eye opening, and as I scanned through the mental list of people I knew/had known who'd developed not only cancer but the other diseases he talks about in the book, like IBS, MS, ALS and scleroderma I was amazed at how closely their experiences correlated to what he describes.

Daily Brew is a Canadian blog, Jonathan Rothman works for Yahoo Canada here in Toronto. Not US media.

Whoops. They called out Wormington's false claims though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back