News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Tory fan, but I'm happy to see Doug waaay back. Wish Olivia was more competitive. I like what she's saying about increased bus servic and using incentives to steer developers towards building more affordable housing units. I hope those ideas register with council candidates and make their way onto to the agenda.

Doug has the static support that Rob had. I can accept that.

As a former drinker I cannot even imagine trying to take in a "reasonable" amount of alcohol 3-4 times a day. Yet that is the exact problem a food addict faces. Alcohol is widely advertised and featured in films etc. but nothing like the scale of junk food ads everywhere. I feel for those who suffer from it. Its also the addiction that people still feel fine about judging.. This needs to stop.
And, speaking as a morbidly obese individual, eating and food becomes a mood altering drug. Consider it the concept of "comfort food" brought to the next level. It's damn hard to de-emphasize food, to learn to treat it a fuel as opposed to a reward, or a consolation.

My GP spent years nagging me about my weight, as if it was a minor failing I could easily correct with a little willpower. Then he took a long trip through Europe with an overweight friend, and came back with a new understanding. He commented that while he could savour and remember every painting in every gallery, his friend could remember every bite in every restaurant.

So the new poll came out.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ral-race-poll-shows/article20717991/comments/
John Tory: 40 per cent

Olivia Chow: 25 per cent

Doug Ford: 23 per cent

Undecided: 11 per cent

Michael is not doing too well either.

The 20-year-old employee of the Ford family’s Deco Labels & Tags is trailing incumbent John Hastings in Ward 1, the poll found, although the gap between the two is roughly the same as the poll’s margin of error.

John Hastings: 26 per cent

Michael Ford: 22 per cent

Others: 13 per cent

Undecided: 38 per cent

That's the Mainstreet Tech poll.

Heres the article about the Globe/CTV/Nanos poll: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...yoral-race-widens-poll-shows/article20731557/

Among decided voters:
Tory 49%
Ford 27%
Chow 24%

Hey Jimmi T!

Back in the day, Doug Ford must have had one hella stereo. What kind of music did you guys listen to? Was it Led Zeppelin 24/7, or more 80s rawk like Def Leppard or Guns n Roses?

Any favourites that you recall?
Just curious. Thx

Hey Jimmi T!

Back in the day, Doug Ford must have had one hella stereo. What kind of music did you guys listen to? Was it Led Zeppelin 24/7, or more 80s rawk like Def Leppard or Guns n Roses?

Any favourites that you recall?
Just curious. Thx

I wouldn't know. I was friends with Lisi though. Last I recall he was into Gino beats.

Believe it is in same Islington location plus Rob is apparently making a n appearance

He better be careful. Chemo plays havoc with the immune system. Even a run-of-the-mill head cold can land a patient in the emergency ward. He'd be wise to keep his distance from the nation.

And, speaking as a morbidly obese individual, eating and food becomes a mood altering drug. Consider it the concept of "comfort food" brought to the next level. It's damn hard to de-emphasize food, to learn to treat it a fuel as opposed to a reward, or a consolation.

My GP spent years nagging me about my weight, as if it was a minor failing I could easily correct with a little willpower. Then he took a long trip through Europe with an overweight friend, and came back with a new understanding. He commented that while he could savour and remember every painting in every gallery, his friend could remember every bite in every restaurant.

Thank You for your courage and your honesty. Too many hurting in silence. You might find kindred comfort at meetings. I do.

I wouldn't know. I was friends with Lisi though. Last I recall he was into Gino beats.

I remember the kids in high school who listened to Gino beats. They wore Adidas track suits and always walked fast like they had somewhere important to go.

hank You for your courage and your honesty. Too many hurting in silence. You might find kindred comfort at meetings. I do.

I am a fat person too and watching Rob Ford's health scare has made me rethink my lifestyle choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back