News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad food, bad company. Lowered Inteligence.

I suspect a high number just came to get the free food/entertainment.

I wouldn't eat their food, look what it did to Rob! And that sort of food doesn't seem to feed mental acuity, or N O * O N E would have wasted their time going to hear lies, spin and subterfuge. (Although a stead media diet of anything FORD also lowers the IQ.)

guy chasing hamburger cartoon.jpg

Attachments

• guy chasing hamburger cartoon.jpg
    guy chasing hamburger cartoon.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 798
I was talking to a doctor earlier this week and her thoughts were:

1) liposarcoma is a nasty cancer to have and the prognosis is not good
2) surgery is always the primary treatment. That chemo is being done first and surgery will only be revisited after the second bout of chemo strongly suggests the tumour may be inoperable
3) if the cancer were early stage, that would be cause for some optimism and Dr. Cohen would likely have said it was early stage. That he refused to stage it is not a good sign
4) in view of 3) the fact Dr. Cohen said he was "optimistic" is likely just trying to give information without taking away hope

I think Rob is living on borrowed time and his putting himself in the fray at FordFest was just stupid.

I wonder if there has been any thoughts to using Liposuction?

As a mother, I cannot get my head wrapped around the concept of Diane exploiting one of her children to benefit another. The Fords are, clearly, debased, but this is stretching credulity. Surely no one could be this coniving and heartless.

It's like in nature when momma bear kills off the injured cub before winter so that the others can live.

Doesn't explain why Kathy is stil around, though.

he just misspoke, it happens to people all the time. Gawd, people here have to make a scandal out of even the most mundane things.

I miss the days when this thread had useful info rather than people micro-dissecting every little thing to death and trying to find some plot in it.

I wonder how mundane that misspeek was/is to Stephanie?

Oh I'm quite sure she noticed it. Kids are pretty sharp about catching their parents making mistakes.

Based on the look on her face in the one pic I saw that showed her, I get the feeling she's used to being largely overlooked until/unless she acts out.
$20 bucks to be quiet and not act up for 200 Alex.

Yup. Also, take a look at the various media pics that include the kids. They look miserable. Why do the Fords continue to do this to them?

Because kids do a good job at being human shields. And the Fords are the only candidates that cares about jobs for everyone.

The saddest part of the entire Ford mess has been, for me, the glaring deficiencies in our citizenry's education. How did ~30% of Toronto devolve into the Illiterati? We have access to free education. Our teachers are well trained, yet students seem to be given a pass irrespective of their abilities. Maybe it's time to go back to the old ways when kids moved up through the school system only after proving they've mastered the 3 Rs.

I understand that the right to vote is a hard won right, but so is driving and that requires a written test and proof of skill. Clearly, the uninformed led the pack in the last election. We can only hope that the Rob Ford debacle has forced the public to become more engaged in the democratic process.

A lot of Ford Nation was educated under the "old ways". That was during a time when scraping through grade 12 (and sometimes bailing after grade 10) still allowed you to get a job at a local factory for a union wage, do that for 40 years and retire with a pension and a paid-off house. Those jobs are gone and those days are gone, which is partly why these people are lost (in terms of their worldview and politics) and vulnerable to manipulators like the Fords. Thing is, these Illiterati were always a part of Toronto, but they had a place in society, so they didn't speak out and no one took much notice of them anyhow.

A lot of Ford Nation was educated under the "old ways". That was during a time when scraping through grade 12 (and sometimes bailing after grade 10) still allowed you to get a job at a local factory for a union wage, do that for 40 years and retire with a pension and a paid-off house. Those jobs are gone and those days are gone, which is partly why these people are lost (in terms of their worldview and politics) and vulnerable to manipulators like the Fords. Thing is, these Illiterati were always a part of Toronto, but they had a place in society, so they didn't speak out and no one took much notice of them anyhow.

And the above just plays into the Fords us and them reality....Tell me what a BA alone will bring other than a lifetime of retail or low end office work, whereras from my time the Occupations (male) stream took you to a decent construction job (framer, drywaller, painter, insulator, glazier etc) or commercial trade (tailor, butcher etc) or the four year stream completing B&C or ST&T for apprenticeship in a skilled trade or ground floor office....
Tell me have those outcomes changed today, I think not...It is the high end that gets more and more competitive in fact along with the disappointments of unfulfilled salary expectations....

I miss the days when this thread had useful info rather than people micro-dissecting every little thing to death and trying to find some plot in it.
thank you for saying this

more facts, please, and fewer memes, cartoon references, and outright batshit crazy speculations

sure, we hate the fords, but do we have to try to mimic ford nation with our zeal?

And the above just plays into the Fords us and them reality....Tell me what a BA alone will bring other than a lifetime of retail or low end office work, whereras from my time the Occupations (male) stream took you to a decent construction job (framer, drywaller, painter, insulator, glazier etc) or commercial trade (tailor, butcher etc) or the four year stream completing B&C or ST&T for apprenticeship in a skilled trade or ground floor office....
Tell me have those outcomes changed today, I think not...It is the high end that gets more and more competitive in fact along with the disappointments of unfulfilled salary expectations....

You are not wrong about streaming. I put the blame on parental egos. As in " my johnny is lawyer material. But his teachers want him in the trades." There are a too many lawyers with too much student debt and not enough plumbers, electricians, welders. One of the best jobs out there is Hydro. The kids are getting streamed all right, into jobs they will have to work crazy hours at just to be noticed. I have worked in new home construction and the plumbers are the ones cleaning up.

I was offering a partial explanation for TOBorn's question about how Toronto ended up with ~30% "Illiterati", not addressing the whole, very large issue of the links between education, occupation and income over the last 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back