News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
FordNation does seem OK with Dougie going to the Pride Parade next year, but wonder how they'd take incest. I'm just trying to imagine Iola Fortino justifying it. Would probably be something to do with Ford blood being so pure it would be sinful to dilute it.

Don't think so. If you listen to the clip, he talks about his "wife, Renata," then "my kids Douglas and Michael," then his mother Diane.

I saw that. Problem is he doesn't have any kids named Michael.

He does have his nephew Michael, and the Michael #11 who is "also in attendance at Rob Ford campaign events."

Last edited:
You'd think he'd say "my kids Douglas and Stephanie, and my nephew Michael . . ." I can understand he might be chemo-brained, but if you listen to the rest of the tape, he doesn't sound confused, just normal crazy. And how does a dad confuse his own kids' names? Especially completely omitting his daughter? Perhaps chemo is really truth serum . . .

You'd think he'd say "my kids Douglas and Stephanie, and my nephew Michael . . ." I can understand he might be chemo-brained, but if you listen to the rest of the tape, he doesn't sound confused, just normal crazy. And how does a dad confuse his own kids' names? Especially completely omitting his daughter? Perhaps chemo is really truth serum . . .

"Ford appears to be speaking from a teleprompter on the stage."
https://twitter.com/Shawn_Jeffords/status/516012458956558337

"Teleprompter set up on Ford Fest stage"
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/515994324128239617

Not sure if that means Rob or Doug or both were using it.

Maybe some politicians just read whatever some speech writer types into the machine?

Last edited:
I don't think that's right. Venues pay fees to SOCAN, a rights clearing house, which has some weird formula compensating the original music creators. I don't know exactly how it works, but I think an event like Ford Fest is supposed to pay a SOCAN fee if music is going to played or performed. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't know. Either way, it's pretty small beer.
I was referring to the live band doing a cover song, not a recorded song being played. Using a recorded song by an artist for your campaign is not allowed unless it's been approved by the artist and/or record company.

False. Royalties are due for live cover songs. A venue or event must pay SOCAN a fee and provide song lists so royalties can be distributed.
Yes, the performer does not need a license, but the venue needs licensing. This licensing is the same no matter which artist you plan on covering.

I notice that Tory and other high profile politicos (current and ex) attended Hazel's gala while the Fords partied at the fest. I'm thinking the rescheduled date was chosen in part so as to not be conspicuous by their absence as I doubt they were even invited. Hazel also made some snide comment about dropping into elections in the last 6 weeks. Methinks she's not a fan.

Hazel is an old, wise woman & I lover her (yet I loathe Mississauga - sorry "folks"), she'd have no patience for any of the Ford family nonsense.

Don't think so. If you listen to the clip, he talks about his "wife, Renata," then "my kids Douglas and Michael," then his mother Diane.

He's high on painkillers, or do the Ford's really think people are stupid enough to believe that his young daughter suddenly turned into Michael?

Just a quick add, Jado: If someone facing criminal charges didn't have access to a defence, courts would have to rely solely on evidence presented to the Crown by the police. Yikes! Also, trials aren't always about guilty or not guilty. They're often about determining how the law applies (or does not apply) to a set of adjudicated facts.

Another thing that makes the concept more palatable for a lot of people is that if an accused has a competent lawyer, it substantially increases the likelihood that things will be done right the first time around, which lowers the likelihood of a successful appeal. If things aren't done right the first time, the victims may be forced to go through the painful court process a second time, not to mention the huge financial and court resources cost of a second trial.

he just misspoke, it happens to people all the time. Gawd, people here have to make a scandal out of even the most mundane things.

I miss the days when this thread had useful info rather than people micro-dissecting every little thing to death and trying to find some plot in it.

he just misspoke, it happens to people all the time. Gawd, people here have to make a scandal out of even the most mundane things.

I miss the days when this thread had useful info rather than people micro-dissecting every little thing to death and trying to find some plot in it.

Its also surrounding a man who has created a world so surreal that the chances of his doing it purposefully is not out of the realm of possibility.
Also jude needs to hurry up ;P
Just kidding but then not lol

FordNation does seem OK with Dougie going to the Pride Parade next year, but wonder how they'd take incest. I'm just trying to imagine Iola Fortino justifying it. Would probably be something to do with Ford blood being so pure it would be sinful to dilute it.

I can predict their reaction in two words: Cognitive dissonance.

Education system made for another century.

The saddest part of the entire Ford mess has been, for me, the glaring deficiencies in our citizenry's education. How did ~30% of Toronto devolve into the Illiterati? We have access to free education. Our teachers are well trained, yet students seem to be given a pass irrespective of their abilities. Maybe it's time to go back to the old ways when kids moved up through the school system only after proving they've mastered the 3 Rs.

I understand that the right to vote is a hard won right, but so is driving and that requires a written test and proof of skill. Clearly, the uninformed led the pack in the last election. We can only hope that the Rob Ford debacle has forced the public to become more engaged in the democratic process.

Here's a great animated talk about why the education system, designed for the age of enlightenment, does poorly in the age of multi-platform learning.

http://www.thersa.org/events/rsaanimate/animate/rsa-animate-changing-paradigms

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_how_to_escape_education_s_death_valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back