News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTTPC is a joke, months ago they put lipstick on the pig but did the worst edit jobs on it's articles that were already out of date, like the one on fair wages at city hall or reducing the seats on council. The thing I like best is that they quote themselves, and have contradictory arguments, atrocious grammar, and have a love of "$50" words to sound important or literate.

Like "disingenuous"?

Had a very fast phone poll today, on my cell. It asked about local councillors first, then was I voting for Tory, Ford or Chow. No other options. Lastly, it asked me to select the most pressing issue, the first half of which were transportation:

1) traffic and gridlock
2) public transit
3) child care
4) other community services.

Interesting. I've received a few phone polling calls, but this is the first time I've heard/seen of child care in the list.

I concur with you and your friend. Its lamentable not to be able to vote for someone as opposed to voting
against some one.

As a politically aware person my less engaged and much younger brother and sister often ask me who is deserving of their votes. I have always councelled them to vote with their hearts. Stating you will never get the leaders that your heart desires if you don't vote with your heart. Then I told them we must vote against Hudack ( just this once, the fascists are at the door) And now I'm advising anyone but Ford. Poor lessons in civics. Good lesson in self defence.

You can blame all of this on our sham electoral system. Minority rule, FPTP rubbish.

Just saying.

It always confounds and amuses me (or makes me want to cry) when people are surprised by the lack of interest in our political system as well as civic engagement. It's simple, really, all we need to do is GET A REAL SYSTEM OF VOTING implemented. FPTP is a sham joke. Unless you think that 35% of 60% of the population over 18 deciding a majority government is fine. (In which case, you should try China or Cuba...you might like it)

How many MPPs were elected with a majority of votes in this year's election? Rhetorical question, but it makes my point rather well.

Last edited:
I wish everybody on this thread would come to the big square outside City Hall on the day after election with their usernames painted on their backs - I would drive the 7 hours just to meet you all and shake your hands. You have collectively been awesome, and I'm staggered by your commitment to eradicating the blight that settled on your city.

Doug is currently spewing his fabulist nonsense on Grapevine 98.7FM. I know I've taken as much as I can stand when vacuuming the house begins to look appealing.

Doug is on the radio now and Daniel Dale is doing fact checking. Everything he said was a lie to no one's surprise.

Had a very fast phone poll today, on my cell. It asked about local councillors first, then was I voting for Tory, Ford or Chow. No other options. Lastly, it asked me to select the most pressing issue, the first half of which were transportation:

1) traffic and gridlock
2) public transit
3) child care
4) other community services.

Us too.

How many people would be listening to this radio interview?

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Doug Ford on carding: If you have "nothing to hide" and a police officer asks you or ID, you should give it to them.

Doug supports carding, FOLKS!

Last edited:
I can't decide if the Fords are really this thick, or are they just fooling with us:

Daniel Dale @ddale8 · 17 mins 17 minutes ago
Caller asks Ford why he doesn't use the word "folks" enough, and why he doesn't call Tory's plan "disingenuous." Ford answers seriously.

ETA - I think this caller was the "Folks" guy, I saw on twitter that he was going to start going to debates and harass Doug. I love that guy.

How many people would be listening to this radio interview?

Doug supports carding, FOLKS!

Likely in the tens of thousands during weekday, probably less for a Sunday. The station is near the bottom of the ratings pile in Toronto. It would still be more than Dougie could hit door-to-door in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back