News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love how nobody is endorsing Doug.

Except 2010 John Tory, of course. I had forgotten about Doug's announcement so when I recently saw a commercial which ominously informed me that in 2010 John Tory had endorsed Doug Ford I wondered whether it was an official Chow ad or a third party. I was quite surprised to find out it was an official Doug Ford ad, because "John Tory is so terrible that he once endorsed ME!" doesn't seem like a winning message.

- Mayor Rob Ford simply cares about getting taxpayer regular folks to vote, it's about as political as pissing on trees in a public park. Someone has to do it, if the leftists pinkos wants to make Rob the bad guy, well say hello to the bad guy.

His supporters said "he's come out to encourage people to vote."
At an advance voting station... where the people who were there had come to vote. :rolleyes:

If he were in a Tim Horton's or something across the street from the voting station, approaching people and saying "hey, there's advance voting, you should go vote. voting is fundamental to democracy..., if you have time for a cup of coffee, you have time to vote; don't wait till election day when the lineups will be horrible -- go now!" etc, maybe that would make sense. The people who had come to vote didn't need to be encouraged to be there!

Except 2010 John Tory, of course. I had forgotten about Doug's announcement so when I recently saw a commercial which ominously informed me that in 2010 John Tory had endorsed Doug Ford I wondered whether it was an official Chow ad or a third party. I was quite surprised to find out it was an official Doug Ford ad, because "John Tory is so terrible that he once endorsed ME!" doesn't seem like a winning message.

It's just Doug doing a live re-enactment theatrical satire of a Simpsons episode. They're very avant garde like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vey7GKNpl4Q

Kat_YYZ said:
His supporters said "he's come out to encourage people to vote."
At an advance voting station... where the people who were there had come to vote.

Yeah, but the good folks of TO may need some Fordian encouragement and Fordian guidance on voting the right way. Vote the right way, you can get a merryl selfie and a fridge magnet. Don't vote my way, uh..I mean the bad way. Well I heard TO sometimes have problems with bed bugs see...

Ironically enough, High Park *is* currently an "Etobicoke Park", insofar as it's within Etobicoke York Community Council boundaries...

No it's not, it's within the old City of Toronto boundaries. The old City of York begins to the west of Runnymede and well north of the Lake. ETA OOPS, part if it might fall w/in the new Community Council boundaries, my bad, but Community Councils bind a few previously separate boroughs etc. No one in the High Park, BWV or Junction area will agree that they're part of Etobicoke...you need to cross the Humber to really make that switch.

Last edited:
More support for the "Ed's Warehouse" angle re the DoFo hausehold's taste:

http://torontoist.com/2013/06/the-rob-ford-radio-recap-doug-comes-alive/?eo_month=2013-08

2:53: Sergei calls in, and he says he has a more sophisticated program for the water fountain in front of City Hall, but City Hall didn’t respond to his unsolicited proposal. Doug Ford then suggests that Toronto should have a mini-Bellagio fountain. “Go big or go home,” he says, channeling his inner Donald Trump.

I think I may have mentioned this before, but when it comes to the Fords' taste-macabreness, I can't help thinking of Michael Jackson's Vegas shopping spree in his Martin Bashir interview...

but why? I don't understand these reactions.

Firstly, it's perfectly normal when something happens to chime in with "Hey, that happened to me too" -- especially something kind of unusual. If you keep quiet and people find out afterwards, then they think it's odd you chose to stay silent when the issue came up.

Secondly, there are conspiracy theories that the MSH breach was perpetrated by someone who is "out to get Rob" and will sell his info to his enemies, etc. Well, someone improperly accessed Jack Layton's records and -- so what? -- nothing ever came of it; we never even knew till now, we never would have known if Chow didn't choose to reveal it.

But it shows that when famous people are in hospitals, it's likely some people will want to "see" their chart -- they same way they click on the link to "see" their wedding photos or naked pics. Chow's revelation supports the idea that what happened is probably not that uncommon and that most human beings are drawn to snoop into the lives of high-profile/famous people just to scratch their curiosity itch, nothing more.

I don't get it, either. Full disclosure: I'm a fan of Chow's policies (but not her camping, which is often tepid and tone deaf). It seems to me that people are piling on her in bizarre ways. Not only this hospital thing, but for the fact she's "tag teaming" Tory with Dougie. As if the front-runner in every election in history hasn't been "tag teamed" by the also-rans.

What's more, attacking the same person that Dougie is attacking is somehow seen by Ford haters as a greater sin than being a former full-throated Ford supporter, which is what Tory was until very, very recently. It boggles the mind, folks!

No it's not, it'a within the old City of Toronto boundaries. The old City of York begins to the west of Runnymede and well north of the Lake. ETA OOPS, part if it might fall w/in the new Community Council boundaries, my bad.

That's my point--in fact, High Park is *wholly* within said boundaries, in the SEmost part of the SEmost Ward, 13, of said CC. Yeah, it's weird to get one's head around the fact...

IMNSHO you need to get a hobby.

I request we stop piling on Whatthe. Being sensitive about the treatment of addicts and the attending stigma is understandable. Long term recovery has softened the experience but I still do not speak to some family due to painful history around my own addictions. Having said that, IMO all children of four having addiction issues would lead me to look at the parenting.

ETA also: the80s

Last edited:

It's a funny message, though. And (most unusual for Dougie) a true one.

to address Whathe's concerns. We crossed the addiction bridge on this thread long ago. Many of us have have personal or family experiences with various addictions. Taking that subject out of it, give the amount of bs coming out of almost every member of this family, the empathy/sympathy aspect has pretty much vanished. As for Diane Ford, this is a woman who had the balls to sit down with John Tory to give him "permission" to run for mayor as long as Robbie got a turn. This is also a woman (who'd been dealing with the unfortunate addictions of at least two children for a decade or two) who stated Rob Ford just needed to lose some weight and maybe have a breathalyzer in his car (while claiming he didn't have a problem). We also saw what seems to be the banishment of Kathy after she spoke to police (wonder if the family ever sent her to rehab? She certainly needed it), and she wasn't in the family group at Doug's first big presser (although Kathy's son, who is running for trustee, was). I know a lot of really lovely people who have or have had terrible addictions. These are not lovely people.

So, have we established that Doug has plugs? I imagine randy wears the hat for the same reasons and Rob was clearly balding... Dougie seems to have almost flowing locks

Doug doesn't have plugs--that's his own hair for sure. It's not uncommon for one sibling to lose his hair while another doesn't. Look no further than Prince William and Prince Harry.

However:

Botox or some other injectable? yes
Teeth capped? yes
Hair dye? yes
Mid-face lift? possibly

But hair transplant, no

Doug doesn't have plugs--that's his own hair for sure. It's not uncommon for one sibling to lose his hair while another doesn't. Look no further than Prince William and Prince Harry.

However:

Botox or some other injectable? yes
Teeth capped? yes
Hair dye? yes
Mid-face lift? possibly

But hair transplant, no

Doesn't look like plants to me, but he definitely needs to speak to his colourist or just let his hair go natural. His hair appears yellow.

Doesn't look like plants to me, but he definitely needs to speak to his colourist or just let his hair go natural. His hair appears yellow.

I have never understood the "virility" thing in middle aged people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back