News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And y'know...the weird thing about DiFo is that she *is* in good shape. Looking at her, what we speak of as the "Ford gene" (i.e. the propensity t/w weight issues) is not in evidence.

Even DoFo Sr, from what memory serves me, didn't come across as "obese"--or at most, he was "commanding" in a way more akin to Randy than KaDoRo.

Never mind genetics; it's almost as if the parents genetically engineered their kids to be human livestock, or something like that...

Actually from what i understand the tendency towards alcoholism can be inherited/expressed as a blood sugar problem resulting in excessive, disproportionate weight gain.

Ha! I couldn't resist responding

My psychic predicts that the winner will have a last name that is four letter long, with an "o" in it.

View attachment 35875

But seriously, Crazy Town is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. This is the fourth mega-city mayor that "we the people" have had to elect ourselves.

If we allow FoFam to get back in, I think that will meet the definition of insanity.

View attachment 35876

I think our 240 square miles of "urban paradise" was a more tranquil place when Council elected our most senior political figure for us. There is no way they would elect Doug.

BTW Has anyone heard from Mikey? Last we saw of him was in Doug's driveway during the switcheroo. All we really know is his bloodline. I'm sure he'll be as great a Trustee as Rob will be as Deputy Mayor.

Seems Rob Ford, ALREADY WARNED, again campaigning ILLEGALLY, various poll stns. No en4cement? DISQUALIFY!!
https://twitter.com/jamesjcowan/status/523697443029123073

Stephen Harper warns Canadians about spread of Ebola
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stephen-harper-warns-canadians-about-spread-of-ebola-1.2804652

If it's anything like SARS, TO will be Ground Zero.

Last edited:
Cheer up. It's like a box of chocolates. With 70? ( give or take a few ) candidates, you never know which one will get in. LOL

Maybe it will be the one that you pick!

Must be a box from the 70's... hmmm... 70's chocolate. :D

It boggles my mind too how people can so strongly support Tory knowing how bad his judgement has been in the past. This is the guy who supported BOTH Fords in the last election and that doesn't make you think twice? It''s amazing the hoops people will jump through to support Tory, much like Ford Nation does to support the Fords. Are Tory supporters all that much different than Ford Nation? I'm beginning to wonder. They seem to have no problem with Tory's unscrupulous, campaign manager, who was Ford's manager last time around. I don't get it. It's like Toronto has all of a sudden become this rabid, right wing place where people will overlook anything to keep the right wing in power. Ford and Tory are not that different in their views.

I really hate what this election is bringing out in Toronto.

Sorry - while I understand that this forum tends towards left leaning (whatever that means) insinuating that Tory is some sort of rabid right wing conservative and that his and Rob Ford's views are not that different doesn't sit well with me. You don't like JT's brand of conservatism, fine but do not equivocate him with a homophobic, misognsytic and small minded drug addict or his disfunctional family.

I suspect for many the appeal of John Tory isn't that he's a "rabid" right wing tea party nut - but that he seems rational and statesman like. After four years of divisive Ford BS - all I really want in a mayor is someone who is able to bring consensus to council.

No one thinks Tory is a rabid Tea Party nut. Or homophobic or racist. That's the whole point. He wasn't donating money to the Fords, and endorsing them, because they hated gay people. He was supporting them for their policies -- which to some of us is just as offensive. Even more so, since those policies (unlike the crack Robbie smokes in private, or the racial slurs he utters when he thinks there are no recording devices around) affect real live people. So yes, Tory's the "rational statesman" face of Ford policies. And yes, he'll no doubt be able to work better with council to implement those shitty Ford ideas that couldn't get implemented because of crack cocaine and Sandro Lisi and everything else. And that's a good thing to you?

If you think I'm exaggerating, ask yourself this: Why did Tory support the Fords? What did he like about them? Why did he defend them on his radio program until quite recently? I can barely stomach the average uninformed voter saying he "made a mistake" in 2010 when he voted for Rob Ford. But John Tory? He knew better. He knew better and he still helped elect both those douchebags.

It makes no sense to me that someone who thinks the Fords are such a disgrace would want to elect a politician so closely aligned with these same idiots.

Last edited:
Maybe Tory gave support because he had made that deal with Mama Ford a few years earlier. Maybe because he's a man who above all knows the value of connections and a good network he spreads the money around to many political hopefuls. Maybe because he's a bit of a panderer he supported the Fords because he saw they had popular appeal. Many people who should have known better lined up behind Rob Ford in his first couple years when his base in the community was strong. The Rob Ford story is in some way about the failure of all the political, business and social leadership to call Ford on his abuses. (And it still is - much of the disappointment with Chow and Tory is with their hesitation to confront either Ford.) John Tory doesn't appear to have great promise as a Mayor, but he's far from the failure of the system that was Rob Ford. Maybe instead of starting in with the 'Shame' or scornful repudiations of the population because not everyone shares their perspective, progressives might want to look at why they can't come up with a candidate who stands stronger, delivers more coherent messaging and has greater appeal to the broad center than did Olivia Chow.

It's funny that she supports a literacy test and a poll tax on voters when she hates taxes otherwise and can't write worth a damn. She also supports Ann Coulter's assertion that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

It wasn't the original tweet I found funny, it was this reply to it: :D
"Wouldn't that hurt The Fords chances?"
https://twitter.com/Camfella647/status/523677817855553536

Is EJB a she? If so, s/he certainly seems to be a true believer in FN.

Last edited:
Maybe Tory gave support because he had made that deal with Mama Ford a few years earlier. Maybe because he's a man who above all knows the value of connections and a good network he spreads the money around to many political hopefuls. Maybe because he's a bit of a panderer he supported the Fords because he saw they had popular appeal. Many people who should have known better lined up behind Rob Ford in his first couple years when his base in the community was strong. The Rob Ford story is in some way about the failure of all the political, business and social leadership to call Ford on his abuses. (And it still is - much of the disappointment with Chow and Tory is with their hesitation to confront either Ford.) John Tory doesn't appear to have great promise as a Mayor, but he's far from the failure of the system that was Rob Ford. Maybe instead of starting in with the 'Shame' or scornful repudiations of the population because not everyone shares their perspective, progressives might want to look at why they can't come up with a candidate who stands stronger, delivers more coherent messaging and has greater appeal to the broad center than did Olivia Chow.

Can't I do both?

Maybe instead of starting in with the 'Shame' or scornful repudiations of the population because not everyone shares their perspective, progressives might want to look at why they can't come up with a candidate who stands stronger, delivers more coherent messaging and has greater appeal to the broad center than did Olivia Chow.

View attachment 35882

Okay, okay. I'll vote for the cleaned up, nice haircut, crack-free version of Rob Ford. Because Chow's a bad speaker and ran a boring campaign.

Sorry - while I understand that this forum tends towards left leaning (whatever that means) insinuating that Tory is some sort of rabid right wing conservative and that his and Rob Ford's views are not that different doesn't sit well with me. You don't like JT's brand of conservatism, fine but do not equivocate him with a homophobic, misognsytic and small minded drug addict or his disfunctional family.

I suspect for many the appeal of John Tory isn't that he's a "rabid" right wing tea party nut - but that he seems rational and statesman like. After four years of divisive Ford BS - all I really want in a mayor is someone who is able to bring consensus to council.

If you think Tory is the candidate that fulfills what you desire as mayor then bully for you, and him.

Please don't put words in my mouth, or stereotype those on this forum, that's disrespectful.

Last edited:
I don't know, Doug may be a prick and an outrageous liar, but he's raised a family and run the business. Doesn't appear to have the addiction issues of the others. Life as an adult isn't easy for a lot of people. I suck at it myself. I'd say he's coping okay.

I wonder how someone like Doug would have turned out without the advantage of family money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back