News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don PeatVerified account
‏@reporterdonpeat
City spokesman says it's up to residents to complain to court if they have problem with Rob Ford in advance polls

I'm actually peed-off that nothing is done about Rofo's illegal polling station antics.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ed_out_of_three_advance_polling_stations.html

Choice blurb from the link IMO.

Ford is not allowed to remain in voting stations anywhere other than in Ward 2, where he is running as a council candidate, it said. The same day the letter was emailed to the mayor, he drove an elderly woman to a polling station in the J.J. Piccininni Community Centre in Ward 17. An election official asked him to leave, DeSouza said.

The mayor ignored this request, went upstairs and was “greeted by members of the public; people were taking pictures with him,†she said.

Mayor ignored this request, because of course he did, and because obviously no one loves, cares, or respects TO more than this guy pictured here.

rob-ford-kiss.jpg

Lamport Davenport said:
There has to be somebody in T.O. angry enough at FoFam to have made the call already. 100% guaranteed. So why has nothing been said? Not so much as a formal caution. It's not as if the Ontario Potato Pickers would be acting against public opinion, or public interest.

Yep, someone likely did, and kudos to their civic duty to call on this kind of shenanigans. However the problem is the enforcement and penalties are laughable, and the city is yet again becoming the butt of this joke.

Lamport Davenport said:
Nope. The whole system is giving the Fords a free ride. Still. That problem is still there. I don't give two craps about what Doug says about everybody being against the Fords. If Olivia Chow had done the same thing there would be cries for her blood.

Yeah, but a sternly written warning letter has been sent out, and if Rob gets another warning or slapity slap on his delicate wrist, someone's feelings may get hurt or something.

Doug Ford calls out Tory for supporting Eglinton Connects. Ford references Josh Matlow's motion and says Torys upports Matlow's motion. Tory tells Doug that Matlow's motion; which passed at council, is concerned with adding a right turn lane just before an intersection to decongest traffic. Ford claims he knows that Matlow's motion was to reduce lanes because he was at the council meeting. Tory says you're mistaken...

Factcheck....Tory is correct and Ford is a liar.

Somebody finally stands up to The Doug and tells him to take a hike.

What I want someone to do when Doug rolls up late in one of his power plays is to have the host sit him down, welcome to the show, ask him a question, and then halfway through his answer say "I'm sorry we're out of time. Thanks for coming, Doug."

Don PeatVerified account
‏@reporterdonpeat
City spokesman says it's up to residents to complain to court if they have problem with Rob Ford in advance polls

That to me is the equivalent of saying "yeah so what, whaddaya gonna do about it?". F*ck them. So this requires the effort of another Jude to scrape together a fully-documented complaint, *find* the correct court and court bureaucrat to file the complaint, and wait for Godot for nothing to happen. Do we need an FOI request to find out how to implement due legal process around the democratic institution of voting?

Does the thin edge of the tyranny wedge require jackboots? No, apparently inertia will do just fine.

Last edited:
I'm actually peed-off that nothing is done about Rofo's illegal polling station antics.

So if the TPS can't be reasonably expected to do or say anything, who Ya gonna call, the OPP? The Mounties?

There has to be somebody in T.O. angry enough at FoFam to have made the call already. 100% guaranteed. So why has nothing been said? Not so much as a formal caution. It's not as if the Ontario Potato Pickers would be acting against public opinion, or public interest.

Nope. The whole system is giving the Fords a free ride. Still. That problem is still there. I don't give two craps about what Doug says about everybody being against the Fords. If Olivia Chow had done the same thing there would be cries for her blood.

I think at this point, everyone kind of knows Rob isn't long for this world and they don't feel any need to disrupt his drain-circling to give him a pointless ticket or fine he won't be alive to pay.

One of my favorite character actors is J. Carrol Naish.

"Of Irish descent, he never played an Irishman. "When the part of an Irishman comes along, nobody ever thinks of me." He did play other ethnicities such as Italian, Native American, Hispanic and Chinese, which earned him the moniker "Hollywood's one-man U.N.".

:) love it

That to me is the equivalent of saying "yeah so what, whaddaya gonna do about it?". F*ck them. So this requires the effort of another Jude to scrape together a fully-documented complaint, *find* the correct court and court bureaucrat to file the complaint, and wait for Godot for nothing to happen. Do we need an FOI request to find out how to implement due legal process around the democratic institution of voting?

Does the thin edge of the tyranny edge require jackboots? No, apparently inertia will do just fine.

But you can help, Lame.

Cynthia Amsden @CynthiaAmsden · 3h 3 hours ago

OK Folks. I know how to start the process with having Rob Ford investigated for breaking Election Law! DM me so we can move forward.

I think at this point, everyone kind of knows Rob isn't long for this world and they don't feel any need to disrupt his drain-circling to give him a pointless ticket or fine he won't be alive to pay.

I don't disagree with that. However, just like the camping at Scarborough Ford Fest, the system doesn't even believe in following its own due process or enforcing its own rules. That is what allowed RoDoFo to carry on the way they have done for the last ford years, and that is what will allow another audacious successor to potentially out-Ford the Fordz sometime in the not-so-distant future.

Mams got fined 3 months pay for his being on the take, and what did he do? He didn't show up for work for 3 months. Unilateral strike, or pouting? No problem, no worries.

Daniel DaleVerified account
‏@ddale8
Ford to Tory: "You're going to have the city DESTROYED under your plan!" Tory to Ford: "The whole place would just DISAPPEAR, Doug!"

The icing on the cake was the graeme comment:
graeme ‏@graemeTO 2h2 hours ago
@michaeldunbarjr @a_massoudi @dougford2014 @jeffsilverstein The one event in months I was not at and you sneak a photo. Well played dunbar!
The Folks guy managed to get a picture today with Doug. Talk about clueless.

folksfolkfolks
‏@michaeldunbarjr
RT + FAV if you think this is the best picture of @DougFord2014 in the entire election campaign.

https://twitter.com/michaeldunbarjr/status/524283815003312128

I guess my point was ( debates aside ) there were only six candidates on the Chicago mayoral ballot.

I was comparing that to the number of candidates on the Toronto mayoral ballot:
http://app.toronto.ca/vote/searchCandidateByOfficeType.do?criteria.officeType=1

Yes, I know. I should clarify, Toronto likes to boil down front running candidates down to three at most, if they can, in the last month(s); candidates love it as well because it gives them more time for talking points and grandstanding.

I understand your point, especially concerning every candidate getting equal time, and possibly drawing more people into watching debates due to their choice being at a "podium". This would allow more people to make informed decisions.

I personally like having such a wide selection. Things are, IMHO, chaotic because we have the whole of Toronto vying for one position instead of the various cities and borough in Met. Toronto to reduce the sheer number of candidates.

The icing on the cake was the graeme comment:
graeme ‏@graemeTO 2h2 hours ago
@michaeldunbarjr @a_massoudi @dougford2014 @jeffsilverstein The one event in months I was not at and you sneak a photo. Well played dunbar!

Yeah Dunbar, don't make Graeme come down after you with a big ol' can of Whoop Ass!

can_whoopAss.jpg

Attachments

• can_whoopAss.jpg
    can_whoopAss.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 965
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back