News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the 'salary not donated to charity after all' story?

I don't know if that would rock the boat hard enough at this point.

But it does almost seem strange to me that the campaign could just draw to a close in the state it's in now.

I wondered a week ago and I'm still wondering now: is anybody going to drop an H-bomb into this campaign? Have any of the candidates been hanging onto a secret weapon? I could see Tory using one to clinch it... Chow to upend the board... Doug... well, whatever Doug had would be bullshit anyway so maybe he doesn't count.

I doubt it. It looks like Tory/Kouvalis don't have to take a low road at this point. I don't think Chow has anything. As for media, I doubt they'd hold something back to try to influence the outcome on Oct. 27. They're more or less ethically bound to publish news when it's ready for publication.

+1

That was a really interesting time in Australia, with the constitutional cri705s in 1975 that ended the Whitlam government, and the subsequent Fraser administration.

Im not up on Aussie politics but I nearly wept at that article. I recall the hope and exuberance of the early Trudeau era. When votes were cast based on hopes not fears. Was Gough pronounced to rhyme with
Cough? Best friend's last name is Gough I really like it as a first name.

JimmiT, with your "inside knowledge", does it not look like TPS are either/ both..1)protecting the gumba bros....2) scared of them.

Im going by the torstar article about the ndragheta infiltration of Toronto politics, business and police!
My hunch regarding why Brazen II has gone nowhere is because there's a judge, or a prominent member of the justice community, that is apparently on tape smoking crack or whatever it is she is doing. She's being protected, case is being stalled. That's my guess.

I doubt it. It looks like Tory/Kouvalis don't have to take a low road at this point. I don't think Chow has anything. As for media, I doubt they'd hold something back to try to influence the outcome on Oct. 27. They're more or less ethically bound to publish news when it's ready for publication.

Oh, it's definitely too late for a media bomb. The optics would be terrible so close to election day. But if a candidate comes out with it and the media merely report, all bets are off.

I agree 100% about Tory, he's well aware of his position and knows there's little to be gained from dropping anything now, as opposed to putting it away for a rainy day. He's likely on cruise control until the 27th.

My hunch regarding why Brazen II has gone nowhere is because there's a judge, or a prominent member of the justice community, that is apparently on tape smoking crack or whatever it is she is doing. She's being protected, case is being stalled. That's my guess.

That needs too much tinfoil. More likely they amassed a shitload of circumstantial evidence, but nothing that can secure a conviction.

Im not up on Aussie politics but I nearly wept at that article. I recall the hope and exuberance of the early Trudeau era. When votes were cast based on hopes not fears. Was Gough pronounced to rhyme with
Cough? Best friend's last name is Gough I really like it as a first name.

Yes, essentially 'goff'.

I don't know if that would rock the boat hard enough at this point.

But it does almost seem strange to me that the campaign could just draw to a close in the state it's in now.

I don't know ... if it were proved that Doug had not donated the $400,000+, wouldn't that be a damning indictment of his financial ethics?

I don't know ... if it were proved that Doug had not donated the $400,000+, wouldn't that be a damning indictment of his financial ethics?

I think it would stick, because it's a four-year lie that his supporters have identified with.

More likely he'll try to claim that DECO donations count.

I think it would stick, because it's a four-year lie that his supporters have identified with.

More likely he'll try to claim that DECO donations count.

Didn't Doug try that angle when he was asked if he would march in Pride Parade? IIRC he said something like I donated bla bla bla money to pride, I support purple and pink people equally etc. Then 5 seconds later, I donated bla bla bla worth of printing to pride.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if that's how a Doug donation actually works, he is "MR DECO" after all, says so in his license plate iirc.

Didn't Doug try that angle when he was asked if he would march in Pride Parade? IIRC he said something like I donated bla bla bla money to pride, I support purple and pink people equally etc. Then 5 seconds later, I donated bla bla bla worth of printing to pride.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if that's how a Doug donation actually works, he is "MR DECO" after all, says so in his license plate iirc.

He'll probably claim that his time is worth $100/hour, so by getting paid $50/hr to be a councillor he is effectively donating $100k worth of his services to the people of Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back