News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting if council shifts to a more left-leaning, progressive stance with newly councillors elected yet the mayor we've chosen isn't the left-leaning, progressive candidate.

Anyways, perhaps the best way to dispose of the Fords is through consumer pressure on their clients.

AoD

That comes up from time to time.

I have mixed feelings about a boycott of companies that use Deco labels. Deco is a local company and employ people in the area. If companies cease business with Deco the city might lose these jobs. Sure it's only a handful, but it still affects people.

The problem here is not really with Deco, but with Rob and Doug being in public office. I'd rather focus on that (unless you have evidence to show that Deco is being used in an illegal way).

I just don't think it's fair to make Deco employees and their families collateral damage in all of this. He's going to be done as mayor soon enough, anyway.

I doubt it. It looks like Tory/Kouvalis don't have to take a low road at this point. I don't think Chow has anything. As for media, I doubt they'd hold something back to try to influence the outcome on Oct. 27. They're more or less ethically bound to publish news when it's ready for publication.
Are you suggesting the TO media has or had ethics? This is the same bunch of professionals who collectively turned their head and coughed as RoFo was an "open secret" drunk the first 2 1/2 years he was on the "job". I would bet $2k that there are plenty more sleazy stories about FoFam that are being repressed. Had the TO Media actually had and used "ethics" RoFo would have been shamed and humiliated long before Crackstravganza '13.
I've said it before: TO Media was a huuuge enabler of this piece of shit family. It's nice that Jennifer from the Toronto Star and others are beginning to openly call out FoFam's lies, but the damage is done.

So Sandro, Bruno and one or two others deal to end users while Ford helped finance/facilitate. Decos struggling, big legal bills, expensive drug habit so he needs a financial top up. Also old habits die hard.
Why am I not surprised that this inside comment barely received a shrug in this thread? Is it FoFam fatigue? Is it just the most obvious? I wonder if TO Media laid off the angle, fearful of a who's who of TO famous folks? Maybe RoFo financed and advertised the product, while having his fucking minorities do the dirty work? It makes tonnes of sense RoFo blowing through money, and even more that DECO could be in trouble with FoBros running it.

I am usually quite happy to not live in America, but just this one time, I'd like to have seen TMZ (ug) following RoFo around. Crack whores and gangster videos would have been old news by May '13. Then again, I do prefer our polite Canadian way of doing things. But, holy hell, TMZ would have humiliated and exposed FoFam mercilessly.

From July 3, 2013 police interview of Isaac Ransom (Rob Ford's communications assistant) ITO pg 148:

well, we've never found out what this outburst (spoken on May 16, 2013, according to Ransom) meant. Maybe just bluster, but what was he yammering on about here? His concern should be the crack video; what does it matter if "other people will be in bigger trouble than him"? even if true, how does that help his cause??

I think Robbie always believed that none of it would stick because he was the "small potatoes" so to speak and the popo would ever get enough on the bigger fish to actually succeed in frying him as well. If that makes any sense ... Clearly he was right. CANCER will likely take him out before Toronto's finest do.

Ya, if Rob wins and Doug loses, maybe he works out of Rob's office and dedicates himself to making Tory's life difficult. I hear the Fords legitimately despise Tory now. Anyone know why?

Whatever twisted reasons the Fords have for clinging on to power like grim death (or at least trying to), you can bet Ego and Spite are at the top of the list. And Tory had the bad taste to run against them for a prize they covet and seem to regard as theirs' by divine right. That's all the reason they need to hate him.

What's worse, it looks like he's going to win. And we all know Slob and Thug can't even handle poilte disagreements, let alone losing. Heh, heh, heh.

The council handbook doesn't allow the hiring of siblings to work a councillor office. I'm sure the Fords have read it, right?

Yeah, and as we have seen, nobody will be responsible to enforce said rule and someone from the general public will have hire a lawyer and take them to court.

They have real families who have real problems and lead real lives.
There is no smoke screen with the Fords.

Real problems like his weight, as his mama claimed on a recorded TV interview? Or was it that other disease that he took what, a full year, two videos and countless dodged reporters for him to admit to? No smokescreen indeed.

Sorry, crack smoking and offering your wife up isn't a requisite for "realness". In fact, a mayor with such traits belong to the realm of the unreal.

AoD

Real problems like his weight, as his mama claimed on a recorded TV interview? Or was it that other disease that he took what, a full year, two videos and countless dodged reporters for him to admit to? No smokescreen indeed.

Sorry, crack smoking and offering your wife up isn't a requisite for "realness". In fact, a mayor with such traits belong to the realm of the unreal.

AoD

On the topic of realness, I was shocked when a coworker told me this week that she supports Doug "23 Lies in One Debate" Ford because he's "real". I just about lost it! I can almost see how some might consider Rob to be "real", though he's a liar too, but Doug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back