News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been part of Andray's door-to-door team. You have to be very careful how you have that conversation. There are some who identify right away with "Rob's my guy" but you have to pretty quickly decide if they are reasonable or if they're coming at you with the kitchen scissors (joke). If they do ID as Ford fans, you can decide to counter with, "Rob's had a tough go of it lately, but do you think he will be well enough to serve as your councillor?" And you may well get the answer "Oh yes, he'll be fine", which is in the realm of make-believe.

I've canvassed so far in pleasant bungalow land, posh towers and basic towers. The people in Ward 2 have been (almost) unfailingly polite and pleasant even if you can see they have kids to put to bed or dinner on the stove. What's very surprising at this late stage is how many tell us they don't yet know who they are voting for as councillor. *Opening to a great conversation.*

This evening we knocked on the door of a man who had a Ford For Mayor sign on his lawn. When this happens, our opening question is, "Have you decided who you'll vote for as councillor?" The answer isn't always "Rob of course." He said he hadn't decided, so we had a nice chat about Andray and he seemed genuinely interested in his platform proposals. Andray said at the start, don't stereotype the people in Ward 2.

Thanks for that, all of it, the report and the political effort. Really good to hear from someone with feet on the ground in Ward 2, working hard for better government.

I've been part of Andray's door-to-door team. You have to be very careful how you have that conversation. There are some who identify right away with "Rob's my guy" but you have to pretty quickly decide if they are reasonable or if they're coming at you with the kitchen scissors (joke). If they do ID as Ford fans, you can decide to counter with, "Rob's had a tough go of it lately, but do you think he will be well enough to serve as your councillor?" And you may well get the answer "Oh yes, he'll be fine", which is in the realm of make-believe.

I've canvassed so far in pleasant bungalow land, posh towers and basic towers. The people in Ward 2 have been (almost) unfailingly polite and pleasant even if you can see they have kids to put to bed or dinner on the stove. What's very surprising at this late stage is how many tell us they don't yet know who they are voting for as councillor. *Opening to a great conversation.*

This evening we knocked on the door of a man who had a Ford For Mayor sign on his lawn. When this happens, our opening question is, "Have you decided who you'll vote for as councillor?" The answer isn't always "Rob of course." He said he hadn't decided, so we had a nice chat about Andray and he seemed genuinely interested in his platform proposals. Andray said at the start, don't stereotype the people in Ward 2.

Very interesting, thanks for the insight. I'd love to hear more, if you have the time and inclination!

We should give DoFo the benefit of the doubt, private conversation, no one's business, yadda yadda....could have been misheard.

Maybe he was commenting on unreliable polls: "I can't stand stats that'll switch."

Or allergies: "I can't stand peanut brittle itch."

Or fictional sports: "I can't stand Fat Fiddle Quidditch." (Little known variant of the Hogwarts game, played on flying cellos)

Or headwear: "I can't stand hats with little stitches."

Biddle diddle?

Just like Rob left office early in disgrace? Oh, wait, at this moment Rob is still Mayor of Toronto.

Also, I will be in literal disbelief if Doug is elected mayor. If I get the news that Doug has won, no matter what I perceive at that moment to be mundane, detailed and undistorted, no matter how much evidence there is that I am conscious, awake and lucid, I will immediately strain to wake myself from the nightmare. I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who thinks that way.

I saw a reporter ask a couple of ladies on the street who they would vote for. One said Ms. Chow, and the other said Ari.

He then asked if they would consider voting "strategically" so Doug wouldn't get back in. When he said the word, "strategic" judging from the look on their faces - somewhere between disgust and horror - it was if he had suggested strategic bombing.

I figure the Fords have a good chance of getting back in.

Last edited:
I think it's so ridiculous that Doug's mom sent that letter and that we're even talking about her. Who the hell is she? What has she done in her life apart from having these children? Has she ever had a job? Has she been in politics? Was she a councillor, MP, MPP, Prime Minister, Senator? Anything? No. You'll never see John Tory's mom or Olivia Chow's mom pleading to their respective supporters. Where was Miller's mom? Lastman's? Why are we putting up with this bullshit called Diane Ford?

Well she whelped out four stellar cases for better access to birth control.

Any word on when John Tory and Doug Ford will be releasing their donor list?

Tory Saturday....Ford possibly Friday or Monday in answer to a question predebate Ford also mentioned he has self financed the campaign to the tune of hundreds of thousands...

Last edited:
I saw a reporter ask a couple of ladies on the street who they would vote for. One said Ms. Chow, and the other said Ari.

He then asked if they would consider voting "strategically" so Doug wouldn't get back in. When he said the word, "strategic" judging from the look on their faces - somewhere between disgust and horror - it was if he had suggested strategic bombing.

I honestly without-snark respect those responses to the idea of strategic voting.

However, I don't see those responses as evidence that Doug could possibly get to the 34% or so he needs to win in some kind of horrific 32% Tory, 32% Chow, 2% Goldkind scenario. As I said before, I will literally have problems believing that outcome, if that is what comes to pass.

Rob winning Ward 2, OTOH, is sadly believable. I really hope that does not happen.

Last edited:

He just can't. He's simply never had the necessary number of votes no matter how it gets split.

Last edited:
I honestly without-snark respect those responses to the idea of strategic voting.

However, I don't see those responses as evidence that Doug could possibly get to the 34% or so he needs to win in some kind of horrific 32% Tory, 32% Chow, 2% Goldkind scenario. As I said before, I will literally have problems believing that outcome, if that is what comes to pass.

Rob winning Ward 2, OTOH, is sadly believable. I really hope that does not happen.

Would he even show up to council though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back