News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
^this. I bet there will be lots of garbage as they tear the mayoral necklace out of his hands. Or he will replace it with one made from discarded crack aluminum foil

Gold star for you for providing the first comedy gold of the day. "I was a mayor..I'm da mayor...I'm still da mayor! You know who I am?! Mayor Rob Effing Ford! Mayor...sob...ford..sob.."

I wonder if they wanted to wait until the election is over so that there would be no bad optics. Wouldn't it be loverly if, once the winners are announced....they drag them away in cuffs?

Ya, but it's not as satisfying knowing that he's potentially dying.

Just a little over Ford More Hours until the voting begins in earnest. Best of luck to all the friends on UT and every Torontonian voting for better city governance.

If there is a positive to the Ford Follies, it might be that it got more people engaged as citizens. And some laughs, though some boring competence for at least the next 4 years will be a nice palate cleanser. But hey we got to meet some nice *folks in this thread amirite.

*I'm taking that word back from Rob and Doug.

Sadly, Ivor Tossell nails it here: http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/toronto-election-the-vote-without-a-moral-core/

A bleak but wise wrap-up of this election period. Almost apathy-inducing, but I don't think that's what he intended. The saddest part is that the candidates all think they need to act this way, tamping down anything that might actually set them apart, in order to win. My guess is Tory in office would be (will be?) the same zero-substance milquetoast he's always been, but Chow and Ford would govern a fair bit differently from how they've campaigned.

Ford Nation Voting Guide:

guide.png

Attachments

• guide.png
    guide.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 990
The same reason as
Banana Bob Stanfield
Marie Antoinette PET
Stringed Mittens Joe Clark
The voters of Hamiton East
etc.....

satire

No. Race. (None of the examples you gave, and none of Donato's other Mao-suit or Hitler cartoons, refer to racial characteristics.)

Bitter Kinsella and his gal pal coming out with a last minute smear job? These two are pathetic.

Lisa Kirbie @LisaKirbie
Sitting on a big story about John Tory's approach to women in the media. May break before polls close. #TOpoli

Warren Kinsella ‏@kinsellawarren
Big #topoli name in misogyny mess. Before polls close, too. Stay tuned. #onpoli

Noticed a lot of "I vote with my heart" tweets.

Won't be the least bit surprised if Doug gets in.

I am voting with my heart (Chow), with no fear of Druggo getting in. This is from someone who has strategically voted in the past when needed.

I am not placing a ton of stock in the polls. I believe that Ford will be lower than he is polling, potentially substantially, likely in 3rd place and as mentioned earlier, below 20%. I think Chow has more support than the polls show.

I would be a metric ton more surprised to see Doug win before Chow. Even if the polls are taken as somewhat accurate, for Chow to pass Tory, she is going to have to pull lots of votes from Tory. Tory would come down quite a bit, but Chow would go up quite a bit, surpassing Doug. If she doesn't pull enough voters from Tory, Tory still wins. There is no going up the middle for Doug, he is too far behind Tory. At worst it will make it a tighter result, with Tory coming in lower than polled, and Chow higher, with Ford steady and a Tory mayoralty.

That being said, I do think that the strategic vote-Tory-lest-Ford movement will be the decisive factor when all is said and done. Chow really bungled her opportunity to be the champion of that block.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back