News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to add my mug to the collection (and lighten the tone from my previous post):

IMG_9354.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9354.jpg
    IMG_9354.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 650
Be careful tonight, everyone.

I believe there will be violence with a Ford loss.

Ford Nation is a group of people where many felt so disenfranchised that they didn't vote before Ford. They believe that the world is "fixed" against them; that only the rich and powerful win in life. They act as though Ford's win was a slip up that "the left" (everything from center-right all the way to the left wing) weren't able to "fix" in time to get their own guys in. They believe they are in the majority, as many believe that Ford won a landslide victory (it wasn't) with the largest mandate in Toronto history (it also wasn't). Some will view Doug Ford's loss as yet another election "fixed". This is what Doug's dog-whistling with his talk of Establishment and Elites this past week. He knows he's gonna lose and wants the Nationals to believe he rightfully did win but that it was stolen from him.

Ford Nation has all the makings of a violent political movement. It's rooted deep in ignorance and fear. It attracts some people who are pretty extreme in their views (Iola and James Sears, and to a lesser degree Trustee Sam, Neil Flagg). We've seen small hints that it can get violent, but I guarantee we'll see more tonight and following the election. We'll see some minor violence against the public in places like NPS tonight, but I think we may also see violence against councillors and whomever wins the mayoralty. Don't discount that Ford Nation *will* be willing to come downtown, or that there are already plenty living down here. Be safe tonight.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate… leads to sufffffffffering.

Rob Ford was voted in out of their fears. Doug Ford's loss will lead to anger. You get the rest.

I think Adam Vaughan was brilliant to jump ship to the big leagues. He'd likely be target #1 for any pro-Ford violence. If I were Shelley Carroll or Gord Perks, I'd be pretty vigilant about personal security for a bit.

And it's a GUARANTEE that if they lose, Doug will be very public in decrying fouls, cheating and anything else that will alleviate his tarnished ego. He will encourage FN to keep on fighting against the new elitist mayor.

Yep. Sorry Davenport but I am staying home. And I ain't posting my real pic on no site where a bedbug man can find me. eeeek!

Don't know about you guys, but the real satisfaction with tonight's election result will not only be with all the media outlet projections, but when this thread peters out, and a new one with the title of "John Tory's Toronto" begins.

96830 comments, much of which are regarding RoFo/DoFo antics, is waaayyyy too many for this man.

I am glad that we will finally leave behind the behaviour that has allowed too much confrontation to boil and burst in the city.

I am glad that tonight will deliver a real message from the people of what they want, casting aside these outrageous claims from what 'folks' want.

I look forward to getting in-depth into the issues, without the lament of how ideological, over-simplified, half-truthed or outright false the mayor's claims are.

Star story on Ghomeshi ...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/26/cbc_fires_jian_ghomeshi_over_sex_allegations.html

I'm not going to comment, other than to point out that this is the kind of thing a paper's lawyers will have looked at very hard, as with the G&M story on Doug the Hash Dealer and the Star story on Rob Very Out of Control (driving hammered while chatting with Hotmail Lawyer, assault with McD's bag, horrible interaction with spouse--seriously I worry that my memory of reading that is a hallucination :p).

I love making people cringe in casual conversation by pointing out that RoFo literally said "you wanna fuck my wife?" Even for someone as terrible as he is, it takes things into a different realm of terribleness. Die soon, please.

Does anyone ever read up on who to support for school board trustee? It's an important role but I must admit I never have--I just randomly pick someone.

Does anyone ever read up on who to support for school board trustee? It's an important role but I must admit I never have--I just randomly pick someone.

The main reason I am paying attention to that is because Trustee Sam is the incumbent where my parents live and and I have been telling them NOT to vote for him. Thankfully, they aren't.

I only have to go down to the second floor to vote, so I shouldn't encounter any of this possible violence.

I bet a lot of folks will see the name Ford for school trustee, and pick based on that alone.

I voted Chow this morning. I would have liked to have voted for Goldkind, and I would have been comfortable voting for Tory if I thought Ford had a chance, but I really don't think he does. The important thing now is to make sure he comes in third.

Although it would be somewhat satisfying to see him utterly crushed by Tory (or Chow), as opposed to a more even three-way split. Either way, I'll just be glad to see the Fords gone. All fingers crossed for Domise to take Ward 2.

Otherwise, allow me to add my own voice to the chorus of those thanking more active posters for their contributions since I first discovered this page in mid 2013. It is permanently open as the first page on my phone, and it's the last thing I read before bed, virtually without exception every night, through all the surreal twists and turns of the Rob Ford's Toronto era. Going to be strange to leave this behind, although I don't for a second doubt that there will be more absurdities to come from the FoFam criminals and their loathesome crew.

As an atheist, I never vote for catholic boards. It doesn't represent me or my child, and I don't believe we should fund religious schooling. My vote would be hypocritical to say the least. Given also that because trustee is entry-level politician, there's not generally a lot that can be researched about the candidates. That said, I tend to watch endorsements from the local councillor and avoid those endorsed by the nuttier candidates.

The main reason I am paying attention to that is because Trustee Sam is the incumbent where my parents live and and I have been telling them NOT to vote for him. Thankfully, they aren't.

I only have to go down to the second floor to vote, so I shouldn't encounter any of this possible violence.

I'm paying a little more attention to the TDSB this year since it just happens that I have three friends running -- in Ward 9, Ward 10 and Ward 7.

The polls have been open for 3 hours now, and I haven't seen any Rob Ford sightings yet. Is he staying home to privately mourn the death of Ford Nation at the polls today?

But if you look at all the polls that cover second choices Ford is almost never anyone's second choice. No room for growth, and Tory's got a way bigger lead than Doug can split off. Doug will finish 3rd.
Almost never?

The most recent Ipsos poll - http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=13999 says that Tory supporters second choice is 52% Chow and 18% Ford. So for every 3 Tory supporters that go Chow, 1 goes to Ford (it's a mystery where the other 2 go!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back