8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
54395287.jpg

I can't stand the fawning on CP24. Ann Rohmer keeps going on about how Diane is looking "adoringly" at her sons. Rohmer is the queen of cheesy overwrought emotion on that channel.

Finished up a GOTV run and now plopped in front of the TV. Now for the moment of truth...

Staying away from CP24 at all costs, their defence of the Fords this election was disgusting.

Last edited:
I couldn't bring myself to watch CP24. I chose CBC (top of mind, for some reason... :p)
What station are others watching?

I couldn't bring myself to watch CP24. I chose CBC (top of mind, for some reason... :p)
What station are others watching?

I'm not, mrs L23 is watching some horror film and I don't want to disturb her, so I'm just watching the online stuff.

Ann Rohmer on CP24 was just fawning over Rob as they showed him arriving to MamaFo's place. :rolleyes:
I really wanted to punch her.

So is Katie Simpson who has left for Ottawa, and Stephanie Smythe the only journalists at CP24 or what? George Logagianes inane performance on the Electric Rob Ford Circus has proven to me he should stick to the light entertainment beat. Ledrew did a bang up job at impersonating the mascot of Six Flag, though I don't see how that's relevant to TO and how he managed to snag softball sessions with the Fords.

Everyone else there seems to be either treating Rob and Doug with kid gloves, or just plain clueless. Yeesh, the entertainment reporter at CTV during the Merryl Ford Goes to Hollywood episode asked harder questions than most of the muppets at that station.

Now you're telling me Ann Rohmer is fawning over the MINO? Et tu, Ms. Rohmer?

Voting Hours: Toronto compared with NY State...Longer ones needed?

Taking Time off to Vote

You are entitled to have three hours in which to vote on voting day. If your job requires you to work hours that would not give you a three hour period in which to vote, you are allowed to be absent from your job for enough time to give you that three hour period.

Note: This does not mean that you are entitled to take three hours off of work.

Voting hours are normally from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. If your working hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., you could be entitled to leave one hour early so that you would have from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to vote.

Your employer may decide when it would be most convenient for you to be absent in order to vote. For example, if you work from noon to 6 p.m., your employer may decide that you should come in at 1 p.m., rather than leave work at 5 p.m.
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=8222c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

C and Everyone: I wanted to get a idea what the actual voting hours for today's Election would be -
10am to 8pm as compared to 6am to 9pm in NY State's elections (Next: Tuesday 11/4)...
One of the US's longest Election period hours...

Having the morning hours open for voters is an advantage that could have added strategic time periods
to this election...Could Election rules be changed to add hours in Toronto or Ontario elections in the future?

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back