News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a chance to read everything today, but in case it wasn't mentioned, congrats to polluted for winning the pool, with a guess of 32%!

It should be noted that, sadly, polluted had the 2nd highest guess.

Thanks basic for keeping track of the pool. Congrats to polluted, bragging rights for life at UT.

The Twitter account @pennymorrisonTO is definitely a parody. I was just ever so slightly reluctant to declare that the real Penny Morrison (the one who grossly insulted all of the victims of ISIS) was real (hence, the "apparently") because, after all, it would not be the first time that a performance artist has professed fealty to Ford Nation (folks).

If she's a performance artist, she's good. If it's true she's been volunteering for the Fords since 2010 and she's trolling them now, I admire her dedication. :p

However there are also some new faces, such as Stephen Holyday. Yuck. I guess Etobicoke can't have any good councillors.

Stephen Holyday's campaign flew under the radar, but it was really cynical. People complained (wrongly) about Olivia Chow riding Jack Layton's coattails, but Stephen Holyday not only did this - he advertised it. He canvassed with Doug and he handed out flyers with a photo of him back-to-back with Doug, with the phrase "New name, same values". It was terrible.

Stephen seemed like a nice-enough guy when I chatted with him, but I couldn't abide by that campaign.

Red and blue balloons fill Robbie's window. He seems to have supported one of the ward 4 losers.

If I recall correctly, he was supporting third- or fourth-place finisher Angelo Carnavale.

If she's a performance artist, she's good. If it's true she's been volunteering for the Fords since 2010 and she's trolling them now, I admire her dedication. :p

If she is a really good performance artist she would have fabricated the history of being a volunteer when spoken to by the Yahoo News guy. :p

Last edited:
The sobbing person is real, apparently; recorded at Ford celebration last night.

Parody @pennymorrisonTO is running with it.

Ahh, so sobbing Penny is the real Penny and @PennyMorrisonTO could be...anyone.

(Anyone who happened to capture/find a still of Real Penny sobbing with that awesome juxtaposed chandelier crown).

Thanks!

I know Jude isn't at liberty to say anything but what's the general timeline for this kind of stuff. Did Ford have a certain amount of time to respond legally? Or if he says/does nothing, does the case just go ahead anyway?

For potential timelines, I went back and looked up Rob Ford's previous COI case. That was filed in March 2012, went to court in September 2012, and the decision was handed down in November 2012.

So: six months from complaint to court, two more months for the decision.

Jude filed on September 19.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.00 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.00 PM.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 585
Don't want to freak anyone out or harsh the small buzz of relief that's wafting over the city, but had to point out that in Hamilton, Eisenberger (sp?) was mayor. got turfed in 2010, sat on council instead, and is now mayor again. So assuming Councillor Ford survives the next four years....

Not that there's anything wrong with that... unless you happen to be one of his uncles.

Nope, nothing wrong indeed. I'm sure it wouldn't make his family happy. I actually feel some empathy for him. From everything I've heard from people who know him, he is a nice person who is being painted with the same brush as his uncles. Must be tough

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.59 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.46 PM.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 636
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 4.32.59 PM.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 650
Status
Not open for further replies.