News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, to answer King of Kensington, it's a he and his wife. But they sure sounded like SAL and hers.

Sounds like one of them is someone I've seen here and there online. Just out of curiosity, is one of them originally from South America?

Tell you what...my read on Domise (and it maybe out to lunch) is that yes he is serious about making a difference at the municipal level...to that end he felt the easiest course was through Ward 2...there wasn't an incumbent running in the Ward and there was a level playing field for all candidates...all things being equal he presents well, says the right things and has acted for the betterment of youth in the ward thus giving him a good chance of election (when competing against only LaRocque, Akubar etal)..that changed with the return of R Ford's last minute candidacy...it was a foregone conclusion that R Ford would be returned and at the same time stuck both Domise and LaRocque in a nowin situtation
The reality is Domise would have been a better fit for Ward 5 however he wouldn't take the chance with the possibilty of a placeholder (Moloney) Councillor running for reelection
The same can be said of LaRocque (he would have made a race of it in Ward 3 or 4)Ward 3 with its placeholder not returning and GLL's late announcement to retire offered him the same advantage as Ward 2.
Too bad neither of them took the opportunity to switch

I can correct you here. Ease of access had nothing to do with it at all. He knew from day 1 that even without a Ford in the race, Ward 2 was going to be a challenge for him. He knew that he had no name recognition and that he would never, ever get the support of the Fords given his politics (and, to be frank, his skin colour. Andray got a LOT of racist stuff thrown his way that he didn't talk about in the media). Plus, the spectre of a Ford entering/re-entering the race was always there. Rumours about Mikey running swirled for months, and nobody believed that Doug wouldn't run when Andray signed his nomination papers.

Ward 5 and 6 were never considerations for Andray. He was raised in community housing in Ward 2. It was always where he was going to run. His politics coincided significantly more with the needs of Ward 2 than of 5 or 6. Ward 5 might have been more winnable, but that's neither here nor there. He wouldn't have been a good fit for Ward 5 and he'll be the first to tell you that. He doesn't have strong ties to either of them - his heart is in Rexdale. To win a seat because it's easier is opportunism at best and carpetbagging at worst.

Futher, Larocque would not have made a race of it in Ward 3, that I can tell you. First off, he would have been going up against Stephen Holyday, who has the family juggernaut name. Annette Hutcheon was first out of the gate on day one and she covered the ward in literature and flyers. John Moskalyk and Greg Comeau had federal-level endorsements. George Bauk is a well-known realtor who was running to raise his profile, and Peter Fenech brought up the progressive side. With respect to Luke, he has no name value and no significant experience, and his platform did nothing stronger than anyone else. At best, he would have entered a crowded field and maybe taken some votes from Comeau.

In Ward 4, he'd be in just as tough against John Campbell and Niels Christensen. Campbell was the Chair of the TDSB and Christensen has a crazy resume, led the Save Humbertown campaign, and is the president of the Humber Valley Village Residents' Association. Plus, Stockwell.

I can correct you here. Ease of access had nothing to do with it at all. He knew from day 1 that even without a Ford in the race, Ward 2 was going to be a challenge for him. He knew that he had no name recognition and that he would never, ever get the support of the Fords given his politics (and, to be frank, his skin colour. Andray got a LOT of racist stuff thrown his way that he didn't talk about in the media). Plus, the spectre of a Ford entering/re-entering the race was always there. Rumours about Mikey running swirled for months, and nobody believed that Doug wouldn't run when Andray signed his nomination papers.

Ward 5 and 6 were never considerations for Andray. He was raised in community housing in Ward 2. It was always where he was going to run. His politics coincided significantly more with the needs of Ward 2 than of 5 or 6. Ward 5 might have been more winnable, but that's neither here nor there. He wouldn't have been a good fit for Ward 5 and he'll be the first to tell you that. He doesn't have strong ties to either of them - his heart is in Rexdale. To win a seat because it's easier is opportunism at best and carpetbagging at worst.

Futher, Larocque would not have made a race of it in Ward 3, that I can tell you. First off, he would have been going up against Stephen Holyday, who has the family juggernaut name. Annette Hutcheon was first out of the gate on day one and she covered the ward in literature and flyers. John Moskalyk and Greg Comeau had federal-level endorsements. George Bauk is a well-known realtor who was running to raise his profile, and Peter Fenech brought up the progressive side. With respect to Luke, he has no name value and no significant experience, and his platform did nothing stronger than anyone else. At best, he would have entered a crowded field and maybe taken some votes from Comeau.

In Ward 4, he'd be in just as tough against John Campbell and Niels Christensen. Campbell was the Chair of the TDSB and Christensen has a crazy resume, led the Save Humbertown campaign, and is the president of the Humber Valley Village Residents' Association. Plus, Stockwell.

Ward 5 was never in play. Di Ciano pulled out all the stops last time and came within 109 votes of winning. Anyone looking to take the open seat would have battled name recognition and a real ground game.

Wow. Private prosecution is one of those things you learn about in law school, but in practice, nearly never happens.

Did with me...Police advised me to quckly swear out a warrant before a JP (for commom assault) as the police weren't going to follow up or charge. He assured that the person who assaulted me in very short order have his union rep and their legal doing the same to me. The cop said a situation such as I was in "First in best dressed" in other words the first charge might be seen with greater merit by the judge...

Last edited:
No surprise here.

Treatment of metastastatic disease
The disease is not considered to be curable if the tumor is locally advanced and deemed unresectable. Even if it is not possible to achieve curative surgery, the possibility for palliative surgery should be assessed to reduce symptoms. Palliative surgery may also prolong survival in selected cases.
http://www.oncolex.no/en/Sarcoma/Diagnoses/AbdomenPelvis.aspx?lg=print

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see much point in this:

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie · 9h 9 hours ago
Remember that guy who was attacked at Rob Ford's campaign office? Ford's lawyer has now charged *him* with assault: http://bit.ly/1tGP2za

Seems like a waste of the court's time, but they have to get a Crown on board for it to proceed..
I had never heard of this before so had to look it up...
A primer on Private Prosecution: http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/private_prosecution.asp

Did with me...Police advised me to quckly swear out a warrant before a JP (for commom assault) as the police weren't going to follow up or charge. He assured that the person who assaulted me in very short order have his union rep and their leagal doing the same to me. The cop said a situation such as I was in "First in best dressed" in other words the first charge might be seen with greater merit by the judge...

Accept in this case the cops arrested and charged the other guy (Ford volunteer) and weren't interested in charging this guy... "First in, Best dressed" has long ago left the building.

Ward 5 was never in play. Di Ciano pulled out all the stops last time and came within 109 votes of winning. Anyone looking to take the open seat would have battled name recognition and a real ground game.

Sorry, I realize I wasn't clear - when I said "Ward 5 might have been more winnable", it was purely speculative. I don't know anything about the other candidates.

DiCiano was brilliant with that Islington/Bloor office. Holy visibility, Batman.

Re: Doug seeking the coronation of an OPC leadership bestowed on his ever so humble and folksy head. Fobros to me ran on a variation of country mouse vs city mouse, suburb blue collar real folks vs downtown urban core white collar elitist. With Rob and Doug playing the role of champeen and voice of the suburbs. Well that's the myth that they peddled at least.

When it comes to provincial level, I'm not convinced that Doug has it in the bag with the promise of Ford brand bringing the TO vote, while automatically winning over rural Ontarians. Yeah yeah, Randy Hillier stereotypes aside, Doug IMO is not an easy sell as a country mouse. In the larger context of a provincial stage, to me Doug comes across way more as a city slicker mouse, one who thinks he's the smartest rat in any room. If the OPC thought Hudak was a hard sell to people last time. They might be in for a nasty surprise if they seriously consider Doug as der Leader.

Hmm, if the worst comes to pass, would anyone be giving out fridge magnets?

AoD

50/50 odds IMO. Doug may ask for respect and privacy for the family. And announce a presser within the same day, you know something real classy like to show how much FoFam actually cares about Rob.
Frankly, I would not be surprised if some of Rob's critics care more for him on a basic human level than most of his family.

Accept in this case the cops arrested and charged the other guy (Ford volunteer) and weren't interested in charging this guy... "First in, Best dressed" has long ago left the building.

From what I understood from my counsel it was a smart move on my part to immediately go to court and swear out a warrant . It precluded any possibility of the union from agitating the police later to counter charge under crown auspices. A counter charge would have to be brought privately (which it was) if at all...

50/50 odds IMO. Doug may ask for respect and privacy for the family. And announce a presser within the same day, you know something real classy like to show how much FoFam actually cares about Rob.
Frankly, I would not be surprised if some of Rob's critics care more for him on a basic human level than most of his family.

It's unfortunate that Rob's departure from municipal politics would most certainly be seen as a golden opportunity to the rest of the bottom-feeders of the Ford clan.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that Rob's departure from municipal politics would most certainly be seen as a golden opportunity to the rest of the bottom-feeders of the Ford clan.

More so than that, I'm not at all looking forward to the inevitable lionizing of Ford that is going to occur after he dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back