News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Mamma Ford's drive to have a political dynasty will trump the above issues and we will see another Ford running. I woudl agree that it would probably be a male. I think that it will be Doug, regardless of what he has said.

Erm, "sexism." There, I said it.

K - Fos are all adults now. They are not girls.

Airheads they may be, yes. But is an airhead any dumber than a butthead? The male Fords have demonstrated those extensively.

There are male butthead voters who chose all 3 male Fords. Why wouldn't airhead voters relate to a Ford airhead?

Until lizangel showed up and introduced us to Mikey the person, we had nothin, and nor did anyone else. We know now he may be a nice kid but is woefully inexperienced for the job. No 20 year-old would have ran for it. He was put there. But which Ford now has a political career? His uncles are both toast on a stick.

I guarantee that if a K Fo goes for Ward 2, there will be plenty of folks running interference in the name of anti-sexism, equal opportunity, and alternative political image, even if they don't agree with their politics or lack thereof.

And don't forget the Kool-Aid, or the power of the selfie.

ETA - I don't think Mikey would stand up well in a debate. Best not risk it anytime soon. I think an ex-lingerie football player has more experience with "haters " y'know?

Last edited:
"A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville."

The great unanswered question forever will be, Could Rob have been a contender in the 2014 mayoral election if the Big C hadn't put him on the canvass.

Somehow I doubt it - it wasn't as if he isn't present during DoFo's campaign.

AoD

Ann Hui ‏@annhui now
Rob Ford on more rounds of chemo: "this is going to be a rough ride. I know it’s going to be a rough ride. I have to hang in there"

He really does sound defeated, but I bet the family will drag him to work to keep their hold on power.

ETA - I don't think Mikey would stand up well in a debate. Best not risk it anytime soon. I think an ex-lingerie football player has more experience with "haters " y'know?

Can you imagine doing 50 or so mayoral debates?! Was it really that many, or did it just seem like it? Plus no counting how many personal appearances where you have make a short speech. Also the media interviews and scrums. The TV and radio ads.

Last edited:
Andrew Young made an interesting point on Twitter. There are people who will vote Conservative no matter what. Combine that with the map of the vote split, where we saw Doug Ford take 33% of the Toronto wards against sensible, seasoned choices like John Tory or Olivia Chow. All of a sudden, Doug isn't so horribly unpalatable.

If Doug does run, you're right that Dofo's 33% of TO votes will likely be his strongest pitch for why he deserves the mantle of Ontario PC leadership. He even came ahead against NDP stalwarts like Chow, and he didn't even run a full length camping season. I think it's not as solid as he thinks it is though, since to me Chow ran a pretty bad campaign, and it could be a proxy vote for Rob not Doug. And I'm wondering if even the Fords Phenomenon can buck the trend of voters not wanting a trifecta of the same thing across all 3 levels of government. Would those 33% translate at the provincial level race, I'm sure Doug will try to sell it as such if he is running.

GavinTheAlmighty said:
Obviously he is a terrible person, but he should not be counted out just yet.

For sure, I would not underestimate Fofam or turn my back away for too long on them, even now. But their bag of tricks are running low IMO.

Cooper said:
The OPCO faces challenges if it goes with Doug. First up, it doesn't want to make the mistake the conservative backroom establishment made with Rob, ie. believing that the crazy can be contained while everyone does the heavy lifting.

Yep, I mean it's still possible I guess. I would not be surprised if there are some people salivating over those TO % Doug might sell to them. Those percentages are the "Glengarry leads" to these folks so to speak. But as you rightly pointed out, the crazy has to be contained for it to even have a chance of working. And thinking it could be done with these yahoos looks to be a mirage.

Lamport Davenport said:
I guarantee that if a K Fo goes for Ward 2, there will be plenty of folks running interference in the name of anti-sexism, equal opportunity, and alternative political image, even if they don't agree with their politics or lack thereof.

...dang it you're depressing me with all these diabolical but very possible and plausible scenarios ya know.

Then K Fo it is! (Ward 2 byelection)

Diane's advice will probably be to put on a nice short skirt, some of Doug's after-shave and go to lunch with SAL...

Last edited:
I am a bit curious as to why DiFo was present today though. Working the new councillors, perhaps?

AoD

Would it be something like "hi hello I'm Dianne Ford WHY aren't you NICER to my Robbie?!"

/a billion candlepower spotlight glare stare from the helicopter parent of the century to the new councilors

Was he ever convicted?

From an authority no less than Joe Warmington "Brother Randy Ford was once before the courts on a drug charge and alleged kidnapping. Records of the outcome of the case could not be found."

I thought it had been established more recently (by a press clipping from the time) in this thread that Randy was convicted and sentenced to a few days in jail? Or am I smoking crack?

I thought it had been established more recently (by a press clipping from the time) in this thread that Randy was convicted and sentenced to a few days in jail? Or am I smoking crack?

JOE WARMINGTON

"Brother Randy Ford was once before the courts on a drug charge and an alleged kidnapping. Records of the outcome of the case could not be found."
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/10/20131003-090251.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back