News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
IHTWOMRF was talking about this scenario long before Stintz actually dropped out (their plan included Stintz endorsing Tory, and somehow all of her votes would magically transfer to him), so I take this as basically a line of BS that's been spread around enough Ford Nation that Warmington and the Fords are trying to use it to illegitimize Tory's mayoralty; even though I believe JT's margin of success far outnumbers the Stintz polling numbers.

One of Flagg's Follies is even claiming tipping of Kinsella to the "bribery" in a tweet.

"His Worship John Liberal's Official Opposition" FB Page:
Kevin Brown- It's all my fault! I tipped off WK with my "off topic" post on his blog last night! LOL!

Last edited:
From Metro Man: "Given the context, winning by 64,000 votes is pretty decisive. Doug Ford really had no chance.

It looked close because many of those who wanted the Fords out split between two candidates. If you think about it, the anti-Ford vote won by 293,000, a gap larger than Smitherman's entire 2010 vote. The left candidate more than double her support over her 2010 predecessor. Despite the turnout being 20% higher this year, Ford Nation received 50,000 fewer votes in this election. It's clear that the larger turnout went towards anti-Ford candidates.

Of course, the left will be presenting a candidate in 2018 and we might continue to have these three way races until Ford Nation is done with but I think we're safe from the Fords while John Tory is the incumbent and after that when ranked ballots finish divisive candidates like the Fords for a good long time, if not forever."

MM: Good points - 64,000 votes is a decisive win for John Tory over DF no matter what...

Had RF still been on the ballot for Mayor would the Election turnout (and anti-Ford vote) have been even higher?

Hopefully a stronger left-of-center candidate will run for Mayor in 2018 giving voters even more choice and your 2018
outlook speculating that divisive candidates like the Fords may well be finished are promising thoughts for the future...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Does anybody know why MINO is clearing out of his CH office so soon, and not remaining for a couple of weeks?

I'm not being disingenuous.

Agree. Was I the only one shocked to find out the regulations governing city government have no teeth at all, unless private citizens bring suit?!

Suffice to say, this last four years in municipal politics have been an extremely steep learning curve for many. Hopefully it'll take.

Does anybody know why MINO is clearing out of his CH office so soon, and not remaining for a couple of weeks?

Strictly on the hypotheticals, maybe so when the sniffer dogs and the UV flashlight sweep of the office happens and something interesting is found. Rob can claim it has nothing to do with him since he vamoosed out of the office way before this happened? Plausible deniability uh I mean to better and faster serve the people of Ward 2, I mean. Yeah...that's the ticket.

The camping for mayor is over for now so there is no need for the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back