News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the gift isn't offensive, I am willing to cut the twin Fordmayor some slack on this. If Doug hadn't made us hate him for a million other reasons I doubt it would seem upsetting.

Dougie's thought is LRTs.

Disagree. This is just an example of the way that Doug has consistently overstepped his bounds while at city hall. I have a huge issue with the access that Doug received to the Mayor's office, the tone he took with other councillors, the fact that he was included in meetings he should not have been included in and that he ran his campaign like he was the incumbent. This is symbolic of all of that. Not to mention that it's because of all of this other stuff that pisses us off that he even feels this is appropriate.

Rob was/is a populist. Doug will always be the spawn of Satan. He lacks the basic qualities of a human life form. His usurpance of the mayor's office was the only time in his life he probably felt he had finally breached the divide that separated him from the undereducated knuckle draggers of his base. He is destined to be a soon to be forgotten minnow in a very big pond. OR, our Premiere in waiting. Wouldn't that be a blip!?

Following the Ford brothers over the last few years has made me realize 'being Elitist', in the Ford sense, is not a bad thing. It just means all those who've paid attention in class, made something of themselves and not made their way in life on the backs of the less fortunate.

It seems there are two camps; those who swallow *(the bs) and those who don't. Well, gag me with a spoon, I'm not swallowing that!

Last edited:
It seems there are two camps; those who swallow and those who don't. Well, gag me with a spoon, I'm not swallowing that!

Interesting imagery, and that's all I got to say. :)

Disagree. This is just an example of the way that Doug has consistently overstepped his bounds while at city hall. I have a huge issue with the access that Doug received to the Mayor's office, the tone he took with other councillors, the fact that he was included in meetings he should not have been included in and that he ran his campaign like he was the incumbent. This is symbolic of all of that. Not to mention that it's because of all of this other stuff that pisses us off that he even feels this is appropriate.

This, a billion times. Then again Doug seems genuinely oblivious at times. Like if someone were to call him "champ" sarcastically, he may think it's genuinely complimenting him, since he seems to act like he's entitled to daily compliments or such.

As a "midway point" thing, it's useful to include the Sarah Thomson shot--esp. as it was at this point when, in this thread, I started offering the "Rob Ford looks like death" observation...

sarah_thomson_and_rob_ford_1.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Not much but a little morsel to keep the thread going.

Cynthia Amsden @CynthiaAmsden · 33m 33 minutes ago
Ok Toronto- Research on Rob Ford's illegal campaigning at voting stations has begun. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO (dates, names. photos) contact me

Cynthia Amsden @CynthiaAmsden · 56m 56 minutes ago
Election over, dust settling, but some transgressions need follow up. Lawyers being contacted.

I like Cynthia and respect her tenacity - she's as tough as nails and I'm certainly glad we had her on our side in this campaign - but I highly doubt this goes anywhere.

As seen on Wikipedia: "Karla's maternal grandparents were Jewish and immigrated to Canada from Europe to flee persecution."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Ford,_Jr.#Personal_life

However, The Toronto Star has pointed out that their immigration documents indicated Greek Orthodox as religion and her grandmother was married at Holy Trinity Church in Ottawa’s Carleton County, throwing severe doubt as to the veracity of this claim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back