News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, lets make sure Robbie is in the news cycle, especially on a day such as this... let's link Robbie to the
"Glorious Dead".

Anyway, if people want to talk about Robbie... didn't he say there is no surface disruption when building a subway? The attempt at linking two different projects with different alignments is humorous. Alas, SAL's attempted in comes up more twattle.

Eglinton in throes of LRT construction turmoil
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/10/eglinton-in-throes-of-lrt-construction-turmoil

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting to conflate his current challenges to self-sacrifice - like seriously, can it get more insulting? Did he got ran over by the gravy train or something?

re: Eglinton - well, don't forget RoFo singlehandedly turned the central stretch underground, suckers.

AoD

Did he got ran over by the gravy train or something?

I'm sure there's a Christmas song/carol there somewhere... and there's the answer for Casita, Robbie could be Santa at this year's parade, he would be finally showing Toronto what he actually is, a semi-mythical character created by business to sell their product.

re: Eglinton - well, don't forget RoFo singlehandedly turned the central stretch underground, suckers.

AoD

Traffic or ego, either way it all has to do with density. :)

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that Ledrew's comments were during the Remeberance Day Ceremonies, and that yes, I was offended as well.

Yep, lets make sure Robbie is in the news cycle, especially on a day such as this... let's link Robbie to the
"Glorious Dead".

Anyway, if people want to talk about Robbie... didn't he say there is no surface disruption when building a subway? The attempt at linking two different projects with different alignments is humorous. Alas, SAL's attempted in comes up more twattle.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/10/eglinton-in-throes-of-lrt-construction-turmoil

God she's stupid.
Breaking! Breaking! Construction causes traffic and other problems! It's a good thing she wasn't around in the 50s or we wouldn't have a subway at all and she'd be writing at the 4th-most-stupid paper in the like the 10th-biggest city in the country.

Not that I've ever had much respect for the Sun columnists but she and Warmington have gone so far off the rails the last few years, I really don't know how they still have jobs. It's embarrassing.
urbantoronto-5110-15681.jpg

Attachments

• urbantoronto-5110-15681.jpg
    urbantoronto-5110-15681.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:
I am not sure if one should take kindly to that - it shows a lack of preparation and care. If you can prep and read a speech, you definitely can make sure these details are right. It's not "sh*t happens" (and that attitude is in an on itself highly problematic applied to something as sombre as a RD ceremony).

AoD

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1h1 hour ago
"Shit happens" Cllr Ceta Ramkhalawansingh on flubbing dead soldiers' names during Remembrance Day speech http://ow.ly/E8hWx #TOpoli

Shocked and appalled.

Thanks, Rob. < sarcasm >

robford.jpg

Attachments

• robford.jpg
    robford.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
I am not sure if one should take kindly to that - it shows a lack of preparation and care. If you can prep and read a speech, you definitely can make sure these details are right. It's not "sh*t happens" (and that attitude is in an on itself highly problematic applied to something as sombre as a RD ceremony).

AoD

Exactly.

Terribly disappointing.

I forgot to mention that Ledrew's comments were during the Remeberance Day Ceremonies, and that yes, I was offended as well.

Oh that's disgusting. I did not know that.

The fact that SLedrew did that imprints the link of Rob and Remembrance Day in the minds of so many viewers, including those with the intelligence to self-correct if the topic later comes up. But the deed is done. FN must love it.

Ledrew must think he's giving props to the salty Ford Nation, while poking his finger in the eye of Downtown Latte, who cares about shit like respect for the Canadians who died in the European mud.

There's no equivocating Rob Ford with the senseless and horrible deaths of thousands of Canadians in WW1, never mind WW2. That's really foul.

If Ledrew thinks a bit of decency is a worthy trade-off for his posturing, it says a lot of things about him as a person. Bad things.

If Ledrew thinks a bit of decency is a worthy trade-off for his posturing, it says a lot of things about him as a person. Bad things.

Just Google for his bio - it is telling.

Exactly.
Terribly disappointing.

And on another note - since when did Remembrance Day becomes a sales pitch? In honour of RD Retweet this and get 10% off? It's just distasteful.

AoD

Last edited:
After reading more about Ledrew, I like him even less, which I find astonishing, but there it is. Yuck.

"Lest we forget " was to remind us that POS's like Ledrew would try to divert the story to their own purposes; that we should remember what really happened.

Last edited:
"Sister Alice Ross-King was on duty at the Second Australian Casualty Clearing Station near Armentieres in France in July 1917 when the Germans began a bombardment on the hospital. Summoned to a delirious pneumonia patient, shewas walking along the duckboards behind Private John Wilson, an orderly, when a bomb fell near them blowing a crater two metres deep.

When shegot up she raced along the duckboards to check her patients. "The next thing I knew I went over into a bomb crater. I shall never forget the awful climb on hands and feet out of that hole about five feet deep, greasy clay and blood, though I did not know then that it was blood."

Ross-King found that the tent with her pneumonia patient had collapsed and she shouted for help. Eventually someone got it up again and she found her patient crouching on the ground at the back of his stretcher. She leant across the stretcher and tried to lift him in. She recalled, "I had my right arm under a leg which I thought was [the patient's], but when I lifted it I found to my horror that it was a loose leg with a boot and puttee on it."

It was Private Wilson's leg, which had been blown off. Next day, they found his torso up a tree about 20 metres away.

Ross-King wrote that she had no very clear recollection of what followed but apparently she carried on with the job. ..."

From the book Anzac Girls by Peter Rees.
The mini-series was great and is available to watch online.

"Sister Alice Ross-King was on duty at the Second Australian Casualty Clearing Station near Armentieres in France in July 1917 when the Germans began a bombardment on the hospital. Summoned to a delirious pneumonia patient, shewas walking along the duckboards behind Private John Wilson, an orderly, when a bomb fell near them blowing a crater two metres deep.

When shegot up she raced along the duckboards to check her patients. "The next thing I knew I went over into a bomb crater. I shall never forget the awful climb on hands and feet out of that hole about five feet deep, greasy clay and blood, though I did not know then that it was blood."

Ross-King found that the tent with her pneumonia patient had collapsed and she shouted for help. Eventually someone got it up again and she found her patient crouching on the ground at the back of his stretcher. She leant across the stretcher and tried to lift him in. She recalled, "I had my right arm under a leg which I thought was [the patient's], but when I lifted it I found to my horror that it was a loose leg with a boot and puttee on it."

It was Private Wilson's leg, which had been blown off. Next day, they found his torso up a tree about 20 metres away.

Ross-King wrote that she had no very clear recollection of what followed but apparently she carried on with the job. ..."

From the book Anzac Girls by Peter Rees.
The mini-series was great and is available to watch online.

A bit of grim reality - and stark contrast to that "shit happens" response, eh? Jeez.

"Glorious Dead".

A big "Yeah, that!" to both observations... oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back