News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. Hui just can't stop posting about it...

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 4m4 minutes ago
Rob Ford's hiring: RT @TorontoRobFord: I'm taking applications for a new office assistant in Ward 2...

Privatizing the railways doesn't seem to have made things any better.

Or to go on a different public-transport tangent, here's my pre-vs-post-Thatcher spin:

Four decades ago, going with my grandparents to London, going to Windsor meant a Green Line coach leisurely, picturesquely puttering from Victoria Station via Putney, Kingston, Hampton Court, Sunbury, Staines. (And it was still possible to do that route when I returned in '86, right as/before the bus-privatization mania started.)

Today, Green Line to Windsor means express coach via the M4 and Slough *yawn*. And I checked--the old routing does not exist anymore, not as an alternate "legacy option", not even as something that can be assembled out of present-day networks.

Efficiency and all, I can't help getting that whiff of dumbed-downness about the present state of affairs.

Yes, Rob saved us during the War on the Car: "We shall fight in the sidestreets, we shall fight on the expressways, we shall fight in the bike lanes, we shall never surrender!"

Ha! Fun to see that this thread is enjoying^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H experiencing life after death, a dead cat bounce, or whatever ...

Anyway, to continue alluding to quotes from mid-20th-century English heroes ... I would pay, like, 9 dollars to hear RoFo say "The streetcar octopus has sung its swan song" in a city council meeting ...

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 3m3 minutes ago
Man who yelled "Go home, faggots!" and assaulted a guy at Ford Fest being brought on Newstalk to talk Charlie Hebdo: https://twitter.com/Britt_A/status/555417084847738881

Stay classy, Newstalk...

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 58s59 seconds ago
(I'm actually not sure who's conducting the interview, but he's giving Banerjee a hard time and accurately calling him a "hatemonger.")

That is better.

Last edited:
Guess Atlanta, Georgia didn't get Rob Ford's memo about streetcars. Streetcar service started by the end of December in Atlanta, using four streetcars.

[video=youtube_share;ZMbix_COIC8]http://youtu.be/ZMbix_COIC8[/video]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...n-negotiations-with-condo-developer-1.2901300
This is an interesting story involving a last second amendment to a section 37 agreement whereby the developer received a discount of 100k on a proposed development in ward 6. Both Fords voted FOR the amendment to reduce the negotiated settlement and in essence voted for ward 6 to receive 100 thousand dollars LESS in community improvements in exchange for a condominium. The amendment and amended item passed. Note:Ford stalwarts Michael Del Grande, Michael Thompson, Norm Kelly, Gary Crawford voted against the amendment and the amended item. (Matlow and Perks also voted against)

Since when did Rob Ford EVER vote for a section 37 agreement...let alone one in ward 6? There also doesn't appear to be any staff present....and no questions asked.

Why would Mark Grimes present an agreement that screws his constituents out of 100 thousand dollars? John Tory has called for an investigation. Curiouser and curiouser....

Last edited:
That's some Durham councillor-developer love story tactics right there! Disgusting.

edit: So, I found some local residents commenting on various news sites who are defending Grimes because Mimico is "way nicer than back in the day" etc, as if he single-handedly made it so. My eyes are still in the back of my head, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 37s37 seconds ago
Cllr Rob Ford endorsing Monte McNaughton to be the next leader of the Ontario PC party #TOpoli #onpoli

Wow, not an old family friend?

So, as far as I know, Doug is endorsing Elliott, Rob is endorsing McNaughton and the former chief of staff is working for Patrick Brown!

Speaking of MT — has anyone heard whether his book is still scheduled for publication in the spring? It was still listed on the publisher's website when I checked a few weeks ago. But who knows when the site was last updated.

The can't exactly announce a publication date if they don't know when the subject is going to kick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back