News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Doug the Mug turning around the good ship Deco with his magic Midas touch? Billions and billions of sales, resulting from his reknown among the burghers of Ford Nation?

It's a marvel he's got the time and public spirit to worry about potholes and plugged TDSB toilets in Ward 2. Wotta guy!

(what's the Canuckistan equivalent of Chapter 11? Could a potential purchase of Deco impact the COI hearing?

This is what I'd devoutly hoped ... that Doug's absence from our daily life was due to him returning to Deco and restoring the Ford fortunes for the next generation. The sweet silence from that quarter has been lovely, like the freshness of a spring breeze or the relief you get when you stop banging your head against a wall. But having seen Doug's ugly mug in the news again, and the comment someone made here that he seems to have lost a chin recently, I'd suggest it's more likely he's been hiding away at a fat farm.

Wtf? Rob has been appointed to the Hockey Hall of Fame's board of directors?

I'm not a huge fan of hockey and much less a fan of the NHL, but in a weird way this is extremely distressing.

After everything that has gone on, HOW ON EARTH IS THIS F*@&#G POSSIBLE?

I'm not a huge fan of hockey and much less a fan of the NHL, but in a weird way this is extremely distressing.

Didn't Doug Sr. wear a Leafs' jersey for half a season in the 50's?

The city gets three seats - just one of dozens of boards that have seats which are divided between the councillors. This keeps him far away from sharp objects so who cares.

The Annual Rob Ford Memorial Barbecue? Good idea, vid.
Props to anima for the "Celestial Steak Queen".
There's a theme here, keep going. It just needs a slogan, e.g. Savour the Ford experience: " Bring your weenie and toss it on the fire."

Ford 6:56—"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."

And somehow, he will manage to screw that up.

Really? How could he possibly manage to screw that up?

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/17/im_here_to_face_the_music_today.html

[This story originally appeared in the Star on May 3, 2006]

An “embarrassed and humiliated” Councillor Rob Ford has apologized for causing a drunken, expletive-laced disturbance at a recent Leafs game.

Ford said yesterday he was drafting a formal letter of apology to send to Dan and Rebecca Hope, who wrote a 2 1/2-page letter to city clerk Ulli Watkiss, outlining the events they say happened at the Air Canada Centre.

Wtf? Rob has been appointed to the Hockey Hall of Fame's board of directors?

Mentioned this several months back...the Striking Committee appointed R Ford to
Hockey Hall of Fame
Toronto Region Conservation Authority
Audit Committee
Government Mgmt Committee
and as mentioned earlier this week he was ignored for appointment (as an interested member) to the following task force or advisory boards
TV FILM Commercial Production
Liquor Licensing
Music (and shucks they even added three more Councillors by amendment at last weeks meeting)
Tenant Issues

This is what I'd devoutly hoped ... that Doug's absence from our daily life was due to him returning to Deco and restoring the Ford fortunes for the next generation. The sweet silence from that quarter has been lovely, like the freshness of a spring breeze or the relief you get when you stop banging your head against a wall. But having seen Doug's ugly mug in the news again, and the comment someone made here that he seems to have lost a chin recently, I'd suggest it's more likely he's been hiding away at a fat farm.

More likely his daughter was making him those insanely gross looking protein bars.

I don't like Damien Cox AT ALL but on this, I agree with him. Many other respected sports journalists are also pretty pissed off tonight. Someone from the Hockey Hall of Fame is telling people on twitter that it was the city, not the Hall, that appointed him.

So as a refresher, the 3 most important events RoFo has had involving hockey were the time he went with Lisi, the time he berated a couple while he was a councillor, and a year ago when he went with DiGiorgio, tried to get into a lounge and wasn't allowed, freaked out, was not served alcohol (a friend's friend works at the ACC and he also confirmed that they were told not to serve him alcohol), and after all that he ditched DiGiorgio for 2 young guys, went to city hall. Goldsbie showed up, smelled something burning, eventually Ford was poured into a cab and landed at Muzik. I remember that night so clearly because everyone thought he was going to drive drunk.

[...] and a year ago when he went with DiGiorgio, tried to get into a lounge and wasn't allowed, freaked out, was not served alcohol (a friend's friend works at the ACC and he also confirmed that they were told not to serve him alcohol), and after all that he ditched DiGiorgio for 2 young guys, went to city hall. Goldsbie showed up, smelled something burning, eventually Ford was poured into a cab and landed at Muzik. I remember that night so clearly because everyone thought he was going to drive drunk.

Ah yes, that time that UT assumed the role of live-blogger/feed-aggregator for the debased events...

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=847514#post847514

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back