News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fair point:

David Hains ‏@DavidHains · 24m24 minutes ago
Rob Ford is on four boards, which is among the least of any councillor. A different councillor who faces criminal charges is on 11.

Damien Cox is ranting rather eloquently about this HHOF thing.

https://twitter.com/DamoSpin

The Other Councillors on HHoF Grimes and Holyday
There was a long list of Councillors in addition to the above who expressed interest to the Striking Commmittee for HHoF back in December
Ainslie
Berardinetti
Burnside
Colle
Carroll
DiCiano
Layton
Mammoliti
Thompson

A fair point:

Rob Ford is on four boards, which is among the least of any councillor. A different councillor who faces criminal charges is on 11.

He will also miss most of the boards in the best case scenario.

A fair point:

That is indeed a fair point. It's also fair to say that the HHOF posting has the sad distinction of being a news item on a broad scale. The Buffalo News / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel / Vancouver Sun don't care if RoFo was posted to the audit committee, but they will surely be reporting this tidbit (probably in the off-beat* news section).

* Where off-beat means "aren't Torontonians/Canadians stupid".

Last edited:
On HNIC tonight, Fridge was ranting about this with Cox. He thinks the decision will be overturned.

The Annual Rob Ford Memorial Barbecue? Good idea, vid.
Props to anima for the "Celestial Steak Queen".
There's a theme here, keep going. It just needs a slogan, e.g. Savour the Ford experience: " Bring your weenie and toss it on the fire."

[hushed, reverent BBC annoucer]

And now, Sir Elton John comes to the piano to sing his specially composed tribute...

[Sir Elton sings]

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a crackpipe in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall here
Along Etobicoke's greenest hills
Your crackpipe's burned out long before
Your legend ever will

On HNIC tonight, Fridge was ranting about this with Cox. He thinks the decision will be overturned.

Can that happen? As much as I hate this appointment I do think it's the place he can do the least amount of damage - except the whole laughing stock bit. If they do overturn it, will the city have to put him somewhere else?

Don't see how. The city gets three seats.

Someone from the Hall was on twitter and you could tell she wasn't happy with this appointment. I guess they could overturn this if board members say they will walk if he's there, or if they refuse to work with him.

Don't worry. Doug will volunteer to sit on the HHoF board in place of Rob. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I think we have different definitions of the word

I don't watch Leafs games now, so I was just reporting what someone else said. It was brought up though.

Kelly Masse @KellyHockeyHall · 3h 3 hours ago
Regarding Rob Ford on HHOF Board..HHOF does not decide who is nominated and elected by the City of Toronto to the HHOF Board. (1/2)
Under HHOF's Articles of Incorporation, the City has the right to nominate and elect up to 3 individuals to the eighteen member Board. (2/2)

The NHL hasn't spoken yet. Would Bettman be unhappy?

Last edited:
I don't watch Leafs games now, so I was just reporting what someone else said. It was brought up though.

The NHL hasn't spoken yet. Would Bettman be unhappy?

Bettman is VERY touchy. He doesn't ever want to look bad and no matter what he says about this, he will look bad so I think he will just push it over to the city instead of getting involved at all.

Bettman is VERY touchy. He doesn't ever want to look bad and no matter what he says about this, he will look bad so I think he will just push it over to the city instead of getting involved at all.

Very much agreed. When domestic violence scandals happen, they are dealt with quickly. Ford is a huge scandal and the NHL doesn't want a guy who was drunk at games to be representing them.

Very much agreed. When domestic violence scandals happen, they are dealt with quickly. Ford is a huge scandal and the NHL doesn't want a guy who was drunk at games to be representing them.

It's funny how Ford's personal passions are the groups least likely to support him, but the casual connections remain loyal. In other words anyone who takes the time to like him doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back