News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Hahaha....I dont know where they get this info from, but this is Crazy shite....What a fantasy:eek: The ZigZag line.
Project:
proposed construction of the Downtown Relief Line a subway line likely beginning at Dundas West station, travel underneath Roncesvalles/Dundas West towards Liberty Village. From there, it would travel east alongside Queen Street West to Union Station. It would then continue east along the rail corridor, then head north towards Pape station. Fourteen stations are proposed, including connections with Union Station and Pape Station. The route is subject to change.

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...aa22a6719c5e&projectid=9120837&region=ontario

Am I the only one who's having a hard time picturing where this alignment is supposed to go? Down Roncesvalles "towards Liberty Village" (down King? alongside the Gardiner? Does it actually reach Liberty?) and then back up "alongside Queen West" (Richmond? Adelaide? Queen itself?) and then somehow back down to Union? The eastern leg makes sense, but I have no fucking idea what that western leg is supposed to look like.

Also makes you wonder what the fourteen stations are. Would that be enough for a full Dundas West to Pape line? I'm not sure.

That's the Daily Commercial News's project number ... they apply project numbers to public and private projects - real or imaginary. It's nothing to do with TTC or anything else.

Not sure the relevance of this. Though I'm sure TTC has project numbers for this ... as would the vendor.

The best info out there currently on this is the TTC's website for the project - http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Pr...ntown_Rapid_Transit_Expansion_Study/index.jsp

TTC Track Reconstruction, Road Reconfiguration and Reconstruction / Resurfacing and Streetscaping on Roncesvalles Avenue from Queen Street West to Dundas Street West

Recommended Bidder
Sanscon Construction Ltd
The contractor is the same firm that has done most of TTC track work. St Clair, Church, Part of Dundas, Queen St, Lansdowne are some of their work.

They will do a good job and be on time if the city don't stick their noses in as well the drawings are correct.
Noticed these posts from a year ago.

I guess this was a big fail for Sanscon Construction then ...

Noticed these posts from a year ago.

I guess this was a big fail for Sanscon Construction then ...

Explain where they fail and how they fail.

Explain where they fail and how they fail.
I'm working on the assumption that the track-work and road reconstruction didn't keep up to schedule for reason other than just Enbridge. I've seen this posted so many times that I assume it's true; perhaps that's a mistake.

I'm working on the assumption that the track-work and road reconstruction didn't keep up to schedule for reason other than just Enbridge. I've seen this posted so many times that I assume it's true; perhaps that's a mistake.

The track work was done by TTC crews, and they were finished on time and on budget, back in October.

From the TTC website:

Work associated with the reconstruction of Roncesvalles Avenue has been completed ahead of schedule.

Full streetcar service on Roncesvalles Avenue will resume July 30. Until that time, shuttle buses will continue to operate between Queen St. W. and Dundas West Station, augmented with streetcar service when available.

Augmented? Wonder if that means it can be earlier if they can rearrange the drivers' schedules?

Last edited:
TTC will have a few spare streetcars, since the Kingston Rd cars are being replace with buses until Nov, even though the plan track work has been scrap for this year as plan there.

I was planning on looking at the street on Sunday, but was too tried on my way home to stop off.

If the hydro, gas and the water departments had their ducks line up correctly, the contractor would had completed his work last year and no work this year, other than landscaping.

I looked up the construction notice for Roncesvalles, and it had: "Anticipated Completion Date: Week of July 4, 2011".

I think that it must have been a typo in the news release and should have been June 30 or so, to qualify as "ahead of schedule". We'll see what happens next week... or not.

This could coincide with the start of track work on tracks #26 to #29, and #5 to #17 inside the Roncesvalles Yard that is scheduled to start July 4th.

Last edited:
Track work was done by Sanscon. However, I did see some TTC welding staff on-site sometimes assisting. The issue with the Enbridge gas main was the contractor direct poured the new foundation for the tracks over top of the existing main. So Enbridge had Link Line breakout the main in order to extend the tees onto a new HDPE main closer to the west curb of Roncy.

June 30
Still a fair bit of work to be finished yet. Looks like they were drill holes either for parking meters or more bike racks, but would say parking meters on the east side. A number of platforms still missing shelters as well all of them missing TTC stop post.

I love how Home Hardware can't read the notices on the tree that says what type of tree it is as well locking or leaning stuff against them.
5892523024_dddcab8db8_b.jpg

5891946313_4e9ddcbfbf_b.jpg

5892515132_cfeab7de2c_b.jpg

5891944215_7a2497a542_b.jpg

Back