News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I like the changes overall but not sure about loosing access to 103 Street. We have so few accesses already, seems like the opposite of repairing the grid. Curious the thoughts of area residents/businesses if they see this as a good thing or bad.

NOT happy about the 103 for local only as it is a very key road from many parking lots north of Jasper to get south and out east or west.

Wrong move.
90033c04-7add-0949-ad01-cc7f53b1409e.png

I can see 2 potential solutions to 103 St

1) Traffic signals at Bellamy Hill/99 St and transform 99 Ave into a 2-way road. This will allow for 103 St NB and SB traffic to continue. A dedicated left-turn lane at Bellamy NB would be ideal but not a deal-breaker.

2) Traffic signals at Bellamy Hill and 103 St, adjacent to the pedestrian crossing. 103 St will need to be realigned a bit. The local road can still be maintained.

1656095214722.png

I can see 2 potential solutions to 103 St

1) Traffic signals at Bellamy Hill/99 St and transform 99 Ave into a 2-way road. This will allow for 103 St NB and SB traffic to continue. A dedicated left-turn lane at Bellamy NB would be ideal but not a deal-breaker.

2) Traffic signals at Bellamy Hill and 103 St, adjacent to the pedestrian crossing. 103 St will need to be realigned a bit. The local road can still be maintained.

View attachment 409624
I think one of those two solutions would be best. That intersection always stressed me out when I drove, because there were so many different lanes and directions to worry about if I were turning somewhere. I think that if they want more people living in this area, this intersection would be a major safety issue if left as designed, even while traffic volumes increased. De-spaghetti this mess, and if the city wants easier access to 103 St, they should put a better-designed controlled intersection nearby.

100% in agreement that it is not intuitive now and leads to many hopes and prayer crossings. Simplify it and make it usable as a secondary route, but not 'local'.

Some issues I've heard from 103 Street area residents include

- Concerns about having to go up the hill or down and to 98 Ave in the winter can be very slippery.
- This is the opposite of 'repairing the grid'
- At 100 Avenue, you have to go back to 106 Street or back to Bellamy Hill to exit south.

Possible solution would be to have a southbound only exit onto Bellamy Hill Road.

It's an absolute embarrassment. See here from April 2021 (afaik this has not been improved much since):

749FED75-BB35-4E3C-AF8E-9166B3440FA4.jpeg

Back