39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I got this in the mail yesterday

20230113_174930 adj.jpg

michael - 16 Dec 2022
what are the plans for this building? any revitalization planned for the area

Erik Backstrom - 05 Jan 2023
Michael, the brewery was designated as a Municipal Historic Resource in 2013 so it's protected. Around the same time, the site was part of a rezoning that was approved to allow surrounding residential and hotel development. This development obviously hasn't happened but the property owner, Five Oaks, now has a revised development concept that the City will be consulting the public about soon. It should be listed shortly enough on https://www.edmonton.ca/residential_neighbourhoods/neighbourhoods/rossdale-planning-applications so keep an eye there. The idea now as it was in the rezoning a decade or so ago is to rehabilitate the brewery and get some new residential and/or commercial activities going in it.

It is a very confusing area, but it looks like the eastbound part of the road will still open? Is that correct?

Yes because access is still required for the residential units south of Rossdale Road, not to mention access to the Ortona once the rehab is done.

I just received the same mail-out as @CplKlinger

View attachment 478687
I do not understand the last sentence. Traffic from the east on 99 Ave must turn south or north on Bellamy as the road to the west in one way going eastbound. And does anyone know if the road from 101 to Bellamy will remain 2 way up to the back alley behind Park Place and Renaissance (Theee are 4 buildings on the back alley plus the Chateau LaCombe.

Last edited:

Back