News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Anyone know who owns the parking lot on Rideau and King Edward beside the Ottawa u res with the Gabriel pizza in the lobby?

Rimap is pretty new to Ottawa. From Montreal originally and the three projects ongoing are their first foray in this market.

Other main builders in Ottawa are Mattamy, Minto, Richcraft. Those are local. Dream from Toronto is mostly Zibi, but has the LeBreton project near the library. Katasa from Montreal. Main+Main from Toronto has a few projects on the go (Relevé, Maison Rivrain). I'm missing a whole bunch.
Correction on Mattamy, they are actually from Toronto. They entered the Ottawa market but they're originally from out of town. Our in-house builders are Minty, Richcraft, Claridge.

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

20240222_150542-EDIT.jpg
20240222_150625.jpg
20240222_150632.jpg

Horrible, horrible, horrible. This and Moon are almost carbon copy of each other, and not in a good way. URGH

Agreed. Aside from the horrid West wall, Moon seems alright to me. Not my favourite style/materials, but it looks well thought out.

This one is just an absolute hodge podge dog's breakfast disaster.
Yup, the west wall. The most visible wall!

Yeah I agree with you both. Moon is miles ahead of this development. Royale is significantly worse. You'd think the city would expect or demand better for Rideau, a historic streetscape that is popular for visitors and residents.... it's been disappointment after disappointment. This project just adds to the mediocrity.

Wondering if something modest but slightly tasteful would be better than cheapened material remakes of drawings in oddball bric à brac construction?

Last edited:
The shorter tower is fine. The rest is pretty bad. Doesn't beat Story of Rideau though.

I’ve worked in trades but not development or building. Can someone in the know spitball on how much more extra dough the cheaper developers are making by delivering a cheapened product versus their original proposal. Just wondering how much cost difference there would possibly be between delivering a decent enuff product and not… cheers.

Back