News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Too bad we can't put SOM's San Francisco tower proposal there. Minus the palm trees ;-)

the tower in the fantasy rendering looks amazing!

50 storey come on!! when will Toronto grow up " literally" This is a perfect location for a supertall tower. I'm hope we see soming like 70 to 80 storeys. not 50. :mad:

I hate this parking lot.

This is a great location for a stand out piece of architecture along the lines of the Absolute towers.

I would get excited if the proposals looked like the fantasy buildings above which are clearly much taller than 50 stories. The first mixed-use design appears to be close to 70 stories in height. At this location they need to go big or go home. 50 stories just doesn't cut it.

this thing should be in the 70 or 80 story range, i smell supertall...just putting that out there (if there is any proposed building that could be the first supertall here then i think its this one)

what's with the 'supertall' demand. i'm all for towers - but why such a push for 'supertalls'. have you ever considered that supertalls compress development into one site, and absorb all new demand into one location. supertalls may very well be the reason that Toronto's downtown is littered with parking lots. i would much rather see every parking lot built with a 5-10 storey building than 1 supertall and 9 surface parking lots. towers don't make cities.

I have to agree with rro. I love supertalls as much as the next guy, but in terms of city building, they aren't ideal.

If we really want a supertall, all we need to do is put together a non-profit organization whose purpose is to build a spire on the roof of FCP.:)
Spires are generally included in height, though antennas are not. FCP only needs a few meters to be listed as a supertall.

Hey, forget spires, thats cheating... sooner or later, like it or not supertalls will come to Toronto, at the moment real estate in the core of this city is way to high to be buying lots and building anything under 100 meters let alone 5-10 storey structures..just think about it, many condo buildings being built right now are over and approaching the 250 meter height..again its just a matter of time we will see buildings in the 300-350 meter range, and thats short in the world supertall category. Now i doubt in our lifetime we here in Toronto will ever see anything in the 500 meter range.

Back