News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing reminds me of the green crystal that Superman uses in the Fortress of Solitude to hear from his father. Maybe when the building is complete a ghostly message from Stinson will reverberate throughout the city, warning us it is forbidden to interfere with his plans and wardrobe, etc...

Renderings look a bit clunky... and I think a steeper angle at the top may help it look sleeker... have the angle come down the building farther...

But, I love the concept. The "garden apartment" concept is cool... as is the notion of having all those terraces (complete with trees, etc) at the top of the building. A living and potentially really cool looking "Green Roof".

The rendering makes it look like there'll be half-acre sized sheets of glass sheathing the building.

I like it, and I'm just glad there's not a sphere on top of it. I did like the "8" design of the old one, but this one's colour is more unique. How tall will it be in comparison to the design before it?

The double skin doesn't do it for me either.

The renderings show a nice clean outer skin - but in reality (read One King West mullions) - it won't be.

Your living room, instead of being on the edge of the 50th floor, will be set back behind what amounts to a solarium (as mentioned above). That's what developers do in Vancouver for condos on busy streets - set the living room in behind a solarium to insulate from the street noise. It genaerally makes the living areas darker than if they were right at the glass (although Stinson's 2-storey approach may alleviate that).

Will the outside skin have operable windows (high and low)? and how many?

And sooner or later you'll have owners ripping out the inside walls and expanding their living space right to the outside curtain wall.

Actually, the proportions are accurate to within a foot or two. As far as height it's 202-203 metres to the top.

Sorry about the relatively low-end renderings guys. They're obviously preliminary. I've been working with Harry Stinson on the detailing of the design for the last two weeks or so, but I only had a day or two to produce these. The design is still a ways from being done and going to the architects to do their thing.

Sorry Cass... if I'd known it was you I wouldn't have messed with it.

Patience. ;-)

LOL. No worries. I like what you've done :)

edit:
On a side note, in case anyone is interested. With what we're working on right now, that triangular section at the tip of the tower might be a huge glass cathedral-ish reception area of the hotel reaching between 30 and 50 feet high. Should be quite cool if that can stay in until the final design.

The design is still a ways from being done and going to the architects to do their thing.

...doesn't the design usually come *from* the architects?

Is this a situation where Harry comes up with a concept and then hands it to a firm to implement?

Cassius, you suck!

Just kidding.

I'm glad to see that Harry is coming around to simple being better, This design will fit in with it's surroundings much better then Sapphire ever wouold have.

Guys remeber as well, those renderings are on a 45 degree angle, from the side this building will look very narrow like 1 King West or Scotia Tower.

Okay, looks way better now that the whole thing is in the rendering.

And Cassius, that'll be the coolest hotel reception that I could think of... think of the view!

Cassius, you ever consider starting up a company just to do 3-D work for architects?

Fixed.

sap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back