News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks a little bulky. It's alright, though the renderings (as cassius has said) are still in their early stages.

Harry needs to have an intl. design competition.

I wonder why he doesn't have one. He's always complaining that it's so boring here, a design competition seems like something that would work for him...and it would draw attention to him and his development for a reason other than his bad marketing and silly comments.

it might look bulky from the angles shown but it's really thin on one side.

i like it. it's tasteful and not overdone, unlike sapphire.

Looks alright based on the initial rendering. Could work well with the surroundings. At 73 stories, it should top out the 700 foot mark possibly being the 2nd tallest proposed building in Toronto begind Trump.

Cassiusa stated it's 202-203m to the top, making it about 646 ft. At that height it's about the 8th tallest proposal for Toronto at the moment.

p083.ezboard.com/ftorontoskyscraperforumfrm4.showMessageRange?topicID=4299.topic&start=1&stop=20

FYI the 7 in front of it are:
Trump International - 1,064 ft. spire (988 ft. roof) 70 floors
Bay-Adelaide Centre West Tower [Bay-Adelaide Centre] - 797 ft. 62 floors
1 Bloor East - 718 ft. 60 floors
Signature Tower [CityPlace] - 714 ft. 69 floors
Shangri-La - 695 ft. 67 floors
Ritz Carlton Hotel [Simcoe Place] - 684 ft. 53 floors
Four Seasons Hotel [Four Seasons] - 672 ft. 55 floors

Looks like Stinson has cards ready to be flipped forever.

The city rejecting Sapphire meant bringing out the next incarnation. Looks like Stinson has given up on attaining the tallest building in Toronto/Canada status.

I'm speechless, this is awful.

I though the main issue was shadow casting, how has this new shape solved that?!

What a load of crap.

jcaptain has a point. If the height was the only factor, why didn't Stinson just reduce the height of the 8 shaped Sapphire? Why go and start from scratch with a new design?

I'm not positive but the "8-shape" wouldn't have allowed for enough density/units to make it all worth while. The way the tower is designed right now it would be pretty much impossible to attain more density without creating shadow impacts over Nathan Phillips Square. The whole point of the slope to the south and west is that there will be no additional shadow impact over that which is already approved afaik.

Sorry for sounding totally ignorant......what is LEED and why does it require the glass to be green?? Can someone please explain this to concept to me. Thanks

ceaz:

LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - a standard that, for good or ill allow buildings to be certified for their level of environmental friendliness. Green glass has nothing to do with it.

AoD

Why doesn't harry just give up on the site? Sell it to a real developer, then errect his green monolith where it really belongs and would sell: north york. Harry you ain't sophisticated enough for us downtowners: go north or east. Thanks.

That said, this latest proposal is much improved; but still a pipe dream as far as i can tell.

Harry you ain't sophisticated enough for us downtowners

Hmmmm, Baldwin St Boy - that seems a bit harsh. I would not call 1 King W an unsophisticated building! A little judgmental based on something that is not even officially released yet...let's wait and see what Harry comes up with to get around this straightjacket site. Personally, I think that a developer like Harry is the *only* way that this type of site will ever get developed - no so-called "real developers" would ever have the ambition to touch it (at least until land value/condo values rise)!!

I did not realise that Toronto was such an über sophisticated city...I guess that's why it looks like it does....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back