News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Harry did it to give us something to talk about...goodness knows there's been nothing else out of the Stinson camp to get anyone excited.

Unless Stinson himself types up the ad and puts it online, he has no initial control over what's in it - it's his responsibility to fix it after the fact.

It's his responsibility period - it doesn't matter who types it up.

But it's Stinson...who's expecting no spelling mistakes? If there were none, everyone here would have to bitch about something else.

There's enough to discuss regardless - he makes a lot of blunders.

It's funny when you look at the whole war of words between Stinson and Trump and here we have Trump delayed for years and cut back, and Stinson is selling off his property to pay the bills. Meanwhile, projects like the Ritz, L Tower, and Shangri-la come up and blow them out of the water. I guess all that publicity didn't do them any favours.

Or the financial and real estate market's general impressions, given his complete lack of success in developing anything.

One must wonder if this is the end of Stinson in the big leagues of development?

Who would want him as a partner? What does he bring to the table? He has no money, no expertise, and his experience works against him too.

Stinson could always set up shop in Hamilton. I wonder if they'd approve "canada's tallest building" by Sir Harry of Sapphire Creek just to start a war with the Maple Leaf's crowd?

It's amusing to watch Vancouver's Sapphire go through proposal/sales/and now construction while Harry's just doing his same old same old. Let's be honest: Harry has never been a developer. He's just a dreamer/talker (I can relate;) that happened to have talked another egotistical man (mr mirvish) into financing one king west, and some other fool into financing that cheap thing in the west end. Harry should stick to selling condos--in London Ontario or some other small town.

I actually walked by the site for the first time today just to see what was happening. It's like a history lesson - a render for First Toronto Tower is on the corner signage, and there's a big render of the lipstick tube with the blue ball on top on the wall of the Graphic Arts building.

I hadn't fully realized how uninspiring a location the lot is. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, in spite of the fact it's downtown. Felt like the back alley of the core, to be honest.

you felt it was aback ally in the core because, right now it is in fact only a parking lot. Once this site will be a hotel, condo or office tower it will be forever busy.

This might be more appealing as being right on a busy street and maybe a high profile intersection may have its disadvantages as well.

still puzzles me that Stinson's group decided to develop the Graphic Arts Building separately from the parking lot (not that a Richmond Street address is a hot commodity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back