News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

michael cera and his real life girlfriend have a new movie coming out called "Paper Heart."

looks like they travel to Toronto for part of the film. they must have shot this film two winters ago because there is snow on the ground and the bay adelaide centre isn't in the skyline.

i didn't think it was necessary to start a new a thread, just check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhihPYr_vdU

Globe: Hollywood goes Toronto

When Universal agreed to set Scott Pilgrim in Toronto, the Canadian dollar was at par. For a moment, they considered shooting it in New York, dressed as Toronto. "Wouldn't that have been ironic?" asked Mr. Dale. His film will be shooting here until August, but Mr. Dale's favourite shot so far is of the flashing bulbs of the Honest Ed's sign, spread along Bloor Street like a carnival. "There they are up on the screen, the words, 'Come in and get lost,' that I've looked at my whole life," he said.

nice find.

i'm going to try harder to find filming locations and snap some pictures for the forum.

the fifth and sixth video blogs have been posted on the film's website

filming locations include: the goodwill at st. clair and bathurst and then alberta avenue at st. clair. also sonic boom in the annex.

in the sixth blog, a nightclub set up in the wychwood barns.

A-ha! I suspected that was what they were filming in the Wychwood Barns. I should wander down and do some gawking.

here are some pics from the Cabbagetown shoot on my crud phone camera.

DSC00033.jpg

I assume the Sonic Boom ad is foreshadowing. My understanding is there's a scene in that store.
DSC00038.jpg

This truck was full of ice blocks that they put into a wood chipper like device (possibly a wood chipper) which then turned the ice into snow. They used a lot of ice.
DSC00042.jpg

Big zoom Boom
DSC00035.jpg

Rumour 'round town has it that the director is pretty disorganized. Teams are getting sent to one location, and everything is happening somewhere else, so they have to take down and move sort of problems. Also, I'm told this film is renting a lot of the good gear around town, and everyone else is fighting for the scraps left behind.

Last edited:
You know, on your crud phone camera, that fake snow looks pretty realistic. Is that the crushed-ice-made-snow, or the wool snow they were laying down in Christie Pits and the Annex?

It's going to be really unfortunate for all concerned (including us) if this movie turns out to suck.

the snow was both crushed ice and wool. anything within 30 feet of the intersection was ice. everything else in the background was wool.

if this movie sucks, i will certainly be disappointed. but it has a lot going for it already. all signs point to success!

You know, on your crud phone camera, that fake snow looks pretty realistic. Is that the crushed-ice-made-snow, or the wool snow they were laying down in Christie Pits and the Annex?

It's going to be really unfortunate for all concerned (including us) if this movie turns out to suck.

It was rushed-ice-made-snow. Yeah, I've got a lot more riding on this moving than I probably should. This could be a huge boost for Toronto.

I think I may have seen a bit of filming for Scott Pilgrim earlier today.

Walking east along Dundas East, CLRV 4198 was going west with a CHARTERED rollsign. It seemed pretty much empty except for the back cluster of seats. There were a few guys there, with one holding a large microphone assembly over them. I can't recall any scenes set on streetcars from the original graphic novels offhand, but-- maybe it's something, at least.

If it is for the movie, it might be the one of the first times a Toronto streetcar has appeared in a movie without its appearance being an accident. Short Circuit 2, anyone?

Nope, one was shown in Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Purposely, I mean.

Back