40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow... that shit looks scary!

sp21019l97381.jpg

I must admit, the CN Tower glass floor isn't all that scary because it's indoors so its reflects the lights making for a not so transparent floor and there really isn't much to look at down there.

Now that's a glass floor! Great shot too.

Last edited:
I would faint or throw up or crap my pants. Maybe all of the above.

They're gonna need a lot of Windex®!

I wonder if the CN Tower's revival (LED's gave it new life) can continue by installing a true glass floor below the donut.

Another idea would be to replace the fence on the outside lower level with mostly glass to preserve views. The tightly woven fence prevents good views. It's nearly impossible to photography anything through the fence.

^ Or the CN Tower could install an outdoor observation deck without barriers. Macau Tower has one around the outside of its "sky pod" where visitors can walk around with nothing but fall protection gear.

Combining something like this with a glass floor would be really crazy.

skywalk200.jpg

Macau-Tower-Skywalk-X.jpg

Is that a real picture or a render? I wonder how it's supported (by those 2-3 small metal circles??!?).

wow thats cool but its not as scary as it would be if it were at the top of the building. right now (if its real or a render) the observation thingy is only at the middle of the building like 250m up. if they put it at the top....... holy crap they would have alot of brown spots on the floor:D. But those bolts holding the glass up...... i wouldn't trust it. i bet 10 people could make the glass fall. maybe they have a limit on how many people can go on it. does anyone know??

Wikipedia says:

In January 2009, the Skydeck began a major renovation which includes the installation of window space which will extend approximately four feet out over Wacker Drive. The new installations will be boxes made entirely of glass, allowing visitors to look through the glass floor to the street 1,353 feet (412 m) below. The idea is based on similar glass bottom attractions at the Grand Canyon and in Australia. Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill are overseeing the design and engineering. The renovation is expected to be complete in April 2009.

Last edited:
I wonder if the CN Tower's revival (LED's gave it new life) can continue by installing a true glass floor below the donut.
Why is the current glass floor not "true"?

And I'm pretty sure that is a render, not a real picture, right?

Why is the current glass floor not "true"?

And I'm pretty sure that is a render, not a real picture, right?

the only thing that is throwing this photo off for me is the reflection of the guy with the camera. look at his hands and where they are positioned and then compare that to the reflection.

edit...from wikipedia, "In January 2009, the Skydeck began a major renovation which includes the installation of window space which will extend approximately four feet out over Wacker Drive. The new installations will be boxes made entirely of glass, allowing visitors to look through the glass floor to the street 1,353 feet (412 m) below. The idea is based on similar glass bottom attractions at the Grand Canyon and in Australia. Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill are overseeing the design and engineering. The renovation is expected to be complete in April 2009."

Last edited:

Back