News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. This article http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...eeded-ttc-suicide-prevention-report-says.aspx says there was a staff report released about barriers but its presentation was deferred until next month's meeting. No mention of Sharon or of expenditure approvals. In fact, how could they approve expenditures if the report presentation was deferred?:confused:

Here's the staff report: http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Co...upplementary_Reports/Subway_Suicide_Preve.pdf which ends as follows:

So, capital expenditures are being CONSIDERED; they have not been approved.

Don'tcha know that the TTC is muzzling her and trying to discredit her so that they can take credit for this "invention"

MODS with all due respect to intelligent discourse, barring evidence of some weight and substance, I think this thread should be closed. It has been the same discussion for the past few months with sharon returning every 2 weeks or so to revive this joke.

TTC needs to show "due diligence" to research and have an "open door policy" to all methods for the betterment of their patrons.

Yes, they should be made to listen to and evaluate every half-baked idea brought forth from some guy or gal off the street who haven't bothered to do their own 'due diligence' when it comes to engineering, finance or transportation logistics, allowing them endless numbers of meetings regardless of how many faults are pointed out with their math or basic logic.

I can't for the life of me see why such a policy shouldn't be implemented.

I will not sit back and be rejected on false pretenses or false information, etc.

Well, we've already proven here that you won't be rejected on true pretences of genuine information, so why restrict yourself at all?

My story is extremely interesting, however, I always have to be careful as to what I say or not say.

Apparently so. You've taken great pains to avoid answering any pointed question or revealing any detail that might actually provide a logical explanation of your concept(s).

This week will unveil alot.

Seems to be a familiar refrain. 'Just a few more meetings...big announcements soon....my ideas will be implemented, just need some more meetings...new developments soon...just need more meetings.'

Sharon, when the TTC issues an RFP for platform doors, if you submit the bid, and have the lowest one then you will win.

^ They might prefer one that actually meets the requirements. Not a solution using doors from Walmart.

what barriers are they talking about? because many stations (take the Jubilee line in London) uses barriers.. I don't understand why she is taking credit for a barrier system. It's been done before. The reason why Toronto hasn't done it is because the system is not automated. It's difficult to stop perfectly and line up with the doors when it isn't automated.

what barriers are they talking about? because many stations (take the Jubilee line in London) uses barriers.. I don't understand why she is taking credit for a barrier system. It's been done before. The reason why Toronto hasn't done it is because the system is not automated. It's difficult to stop perfectly and line up with the doors when it isn't automated.

Yeah, they exist all over the world. They're generally only built on new lines because of the cost, and the need for ATC (automatic train control).

Her 'invention' can do it without ATC, for 1/10th the cost, while simultaneously increasing line capacity by 103%.

How, you might ask?

The barrier installation cost savings come from using sub-standard, unsafe materials and designs. The capacity improvements come from...magic, I think. She hasn't really been able to explain this part. There's also some sort of conspiracy, (or boy's club, or insider dealings, or something) keeping her from succeeding in her quest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back