News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards the NWO shadow government, controlled of course by the Reptilians. First 9-11, now subway safety!

It's those Communists, I tell you. First they get our youth hooked on drugs, then they start messing with subway safety!

Yeah, they exist all over the world. They're generally only built on new lines because of the cost, and the need for ATC (automatic train control).
The largest cost to the TTC for barriers (aside from ATC) is probably going to be asbestos removal.

That particular issue also impacts the new fare system (new network cable runs) and is the reason why some stations do not have platform level video displays or security cameras in certain locations.

Last edited:
subway safety

The largest cost to the TTC for barriers (aside from ATC) is probably going to be asbestos removal.

That particular issue also impacts the new fare system (new network cable runs) and is the reason why some stations do not have platform level video displays or security cameras in certain locations.

I will now tell you all who my meetings was with:

Joe Pennachetti, Chief City Manager

Metrolinx,

Senior Project Manager of York Region Subways

Sarah Thompson

City Councillor

and

Chairman of The Toronto Party Transportation Committee

The most important meeting of course was with the Chief City Manager of Toronto. This is the guy who heads up a staff of 190,000 employees. TTC is small pitons compared to getting a meeting with the guy at the top.

I will have you know. I handed the Chief City Manager the 'GOLDEN KEY" , such that he can take control back for the city of Toronto. When I handed him the Building Code .....you should have seen the look on his face. Are you telling me that the City is not complying to Code.

My reply was...... Yes Sir, ..... I am.

This opportunity allow Toronto to enforce the code. Provide safety immediately at a fraction of the cost. Now they can control how they do it, when they do it, and how much it is going to cost.

Since ATO is too far into the future ....... the mid 2020's, Safety must be in TODAY.,,, ACTUALLY, YESTERDAY, IN how I read the code. which means my methods are an instant solution for providing safety. It is either that, or they slow they entire system down such that the "non climbable guards door openings"" line up with the train doors.

He has given me not only admiration, but also a walk in ticket direct to top management of the TTC, which is what should have taken place in the first place.

How great a feeling it was ........to hand the city of Toronto the key to having the power that they needed,.....YET DIDN'T KNOW IT.

From here I see 2 things. .... the probably enforcement of the code and 2, my meeting finally deserved with TTC Management.

All they about to be blown out of the water with innovation that will move millions, save lives and make a whole lot of money for Toronto.

For the record, based on the amount of time before there is safety in the traditional method....there will be...

450 DEATHS and 2,954 rush hour shut down time. until safety is finally in...(using last year's figures)

Sharon

You do know of the concept of things being grandfathered in no? Everything only has to meet the code under which it was first built, not the current code.

For the record, based on the amount of time before there is safety in the traditional method....there will be...

450 DEATHS and 2,954 rush hour shut down time. until safety is finally in...(using last year's figures)

Sharon

There were 450 subway-related deaths last year?!

Right on cue Sharon shows up after a weeks abscence, with more claims of greatness. Meeting this exectutive or that director, all while hoping the questions raised earlier are forgotten. Well they haven't...

BTW since when did the TTC release subway death statistics? I thought they tried to play down that issue...

subway safety

Last year there were 18 deaths. ATO is not going to be completed until the mid 2020's. It then will not be another say 10 years by the time they have the other billion to actually do the traditional safety ie. get the money and complete the job through out.

that's 18 times 25 years . this is 450 deaths.

On the code issue. As far as the code when the subway was first builit. Now t is "unsafety has become the norm" since they did an OOOPPPs from the very beginning.

As far as the 1995 Code. that too as far as I can tell was an OOOPPPs. When they renovated those yellow lines, at the time of the renovations they were supposed to comply to the Code of that date.

There would be no grandfathering taking place. For new construction on renovations... ONE MUST COMPLY. And that includes the TTC.
Sharon.

subway safety

Wow, I guess the City can rest easy now knowing that they are in good hands.

This is what I am hoping for. No more ridiculous spending, horrible deaths, and constant delays, push, shove utter chaos for Yonge/Bloor and the station skipping stuff is just a "possible new window of opportunity".

Sharon.

I will have you know. I handed the Chief City Manager the 'GOLDEN KEY" , such that he can take control back for the city of Toronto. When I handed him the Building Code .....you should have seen the look on his face. Are you telling me that the City is not complying to Code.

My reply was...... Yes Sir, ..... I am.

So just to be clear, the Chief City Manager (for whom you are not listed in publicly available documents listing lobbyists to city officials) told you that your perusal of the Building Code had discovered a glaring flaw that was overlooked by all the TTC in-house engineers, by all the engineers in the outside companies contracted to do the TTC construction, by the provincial building inspectors who must also sign off on the work and by the hundreds, if not thousands of professional engineers, architects and construction professionals who ride the death-defying TTC subway everyday?

You didn't think your little fantasy through, did you?

I'm surprised that when you explained the solution could be obtained in an afternoon from Walmart he didn't overstep his authority, ignore all the rest of the protocols and rules and place you on the Commission right then and there, what with your magical solution of teleporting trains to produce a Yonge&Bloor headway not present anywhere else on the line, thereby delivering hundreds of thousands of unsuspecting passengers downtown with ease.

(And your referencing meeting with the Toronto Party as part of your credentials, definitely a big plus in supporting the legitimacy of your statements. Some of their stuff is almost as out to lunch as yours.)

As far as the 1995 Code. that too as far as I can tell was an OOOPPPs. When they renovated those yellow lines, at the time of the renovations they were supposed to comply to the Code of that date.

Another question for you to avoid answering, why would you bother to ask Steve Munro's opinion back in November when you are going to turn around ignore the basic fact he told with respect to retrofiting stations to code?

http://stevemunro.ca/?p=2212&cpage=1#comment-41231

"Steve: Stations only have to be brought to code re second exits when there is a significant change in the use of the station. The case you refer to (with “PW”) was at Union and involved the addition of the new Harbourfront streetcar loop. Spadina Station is another example. The TTC is now pro-actively adding exits at stations, but they are not bound to do so."

To suggest that affixing yellow borders to the platforms is akin to adding an LRT tunnel to a station is really stretching the concept of "significant change". Like most of your other drivel, I have a hard time believing that the city Chief General Manager would give much credence to your claim that the TTC has been illegally not meeting code without anyone internally or in external oversight positions noticing until you came along with your magical insights.

I will now tell you all who my meetings was with:

Joe Pennachetti, Chief City Manager

Metrolinx,

Senior Project Manager of York Region Subways

Sarah Thompson

City Councillor

Please do not let Sarah Thompson's name get caught up in your delusions. She's Toronto's safest and surest bet for future subway expansion. Yes EXPANSION, not fixing what is not broken. Build out more lines, especially new ones and less people will crowd onto the existing lines; meaning less people to pause the service for when boarding, meaning that your plan really has no purpose. You will never stop someone from killing themselves if they are determined to so and I do not want my taxpayer dollars go to towards a silly barrier that someone really determined to jump will just jump over. And let's not start on the insipid madness of having trains zip back and forth on the same one line of track, killing far more people from head-on collisions. The end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back