News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

It should because it it not a streetcar. It is an important RAPID transit line and the 512 and 510 are currently not.
It could become line "F" - for Finch, joining;
Line "Y" Yonge (YUS)
Line "B" Bloor (B-D)
Line "S" Sheppard
Line "E" Eglinton
Line "D" Don Mills

I am not sure if/when Line "J" (Jane), "A" (Agincourt-Sheppard), "U" for UTSC, "W" Waterfront will get built.

It could become line "F" - for Finch, joining;
Line "Y" Yonge (YUS)
Line "B" Bloor (B-D)
Line "S" Sheppard
Line "E" Eglinton
Line "D" Don Mills

I am not sure if/when Line "J" (Jane), "A" (Agincourt-Sheppard), "U" for UTSC, "W" Waterfront will get built.
What if there were a St. Clair Line and a Steeles Line?

What if there were a St. Clair Line and a Steeles Line?
I could still come up with something better and easier to remember than line 15.

"C" for st. Clair

Japan figured it out, and didn't always choose the first letter.

I don't think we have to start worrying about LRT's that are on nobody's radar.

Last edited:
"Officially", it is called just the "Relief Line". See link.
If we were to use that nomenclature, Line 5 would be Crosstown instead of Eglinton.

But the official word was Line 3 Downtown
upload_2017-9-21_1-1-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-21_1-1-13.png
    upload_2017-9-21_1-1-13.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 264
Did a 10km at the zoo today. Amazingly at 7 am there was half a dozen people at each bus stop between morningside and meddlevile. Sure looks like a lrt would have helped these people

Did a 10km at the zoo today. Amazingly at 7 am there was half a dozen people at each bus stop between morningside and meddlevile. Sure looks like a lrt would have helped these people
That section doesn't even warrant an LRT according to some on this board. Also the traffic is generally light, so there isn't much benefit to have buses run in median lanes anyways.

That section doesn't even warrant an LRT according to some on this board. Also the traffic is generally light, so there isn't much benefit to have buses run in median lanes anyways.

Sheppard East has 5m30s weekday peak frequency, which is often made worse due to bunching, morning hour traffic congestion and the long route. On weekends (like today in sixrings' anecdote), it is 7m30s morning peak frequency.

Keep in mind that bus stops on routes with lower level of frequency will appear to have more people using them.

In reality, Sheppard East bus carries 29,000 daily customers. The proponents of subway on Sheppard East want to build the extension to the subway in order to replace a 29,000 bus route.

Eglinton east of Yonge is getting an LRT for its 90,000 daily customers. (This is excluding the 25 Don Mills route's 38,000 daily customers which would transfer onto LRT, bringing Eglinton East to 130,000 daily customers)

As much as some think I hate scarborough I would like them to have lrt on every major corridor going east and west. That would mean a lrt on finch, Sheppard, Lawrence, and eglinton with connection to both yonge and a drl long. Is it overkill? Maybe but it would serve more people and a greater area for cheaper than a short subway extension which is its own version of overkill minus the transit benefits

As much as some think I hate scarborough I would like them to have lrt on every major corridor going east and west. That would mean a lrt on finch, Sheppard, Lawrence, and eglinton with connection to both yonge and a drl long. Is it overkill? Maybe but it would serve more people and a greater area for cheaper than a short subway extension which is its own version of overkill minus the transit benefits

Putting an LRT on each of those corridors is overkill. Try BRT. Car drivers would scream bloody murder though.

Imagine a network of BRT in Scarborough all connecting to the Relief Line. That would be incredible.
can we compromise and get BRT on Ellesmere, Lawrence, Sheppard and a crosstown Eglinton and Finch LRT done? Then in the future you could decide if you want to upgrade the BRT to LRT. I will say I loved my finch express bus growing up in Scarborough so perhaps people would understand BRT better than LRT which many have just wrongfully labeled a glorified streetcar. But LRT on Finch and Eglinton please and thank you.

Back