News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^That #1 in the priority list would probably go to the Scarborough line, but make no mistake that the Sheppard line is moving up to #2. The DRL is now 3rd is line.

Mind you, the only one that will get built in reality is the Scarborough line with this new government.
You forgot Yonge North Extension.

^I dont know how that slipped my mind, well that makes the DRL 4th in line now. Here's Ford's probable list of priorities when it comes to the transit file:

#1: Scarborough
#2: Sheppard
#3: Yonge North
#4: DRL

Cancellations to:

1) Finch West LRT
2) Hamilton LRT (pending outcome of Municipal Election)

Substantial Modifications to:

1) Eglinton East LRT*
2) Eglinton West LRT*

*Hinging on if he decides to fund them and take it back into the provinces control. If not, both would shift to the unscathed category if they are ever built by the city.

Unscathed:

1) Hurontario LRT

The PCs have said that Finch is safe.

DRL is going to get built as the municipality and TTC and Metrolinx will all require it before Yonge North. Tory is going to push for it too. There are significant developer interests through BILD / First Gulf that are pushing for it as well.

Ford doesn't exist in a vacuum. He may be premier, but he is surrounded by advisors. Provincial politics is vastly different that municipal. The lead party holds more executive power, but every decision is heavily advised and strategic, made by a team. It's not lone wolf councillor/mayor voting freely under heavy meadia attention over every damn move.

again, y'all are real cynical.

This line will likely get design studies and get "funding", though I don't expect shovels in the ground until next term.

Imo

Scarborough
Sheppard
Yonge
Finch West DRL
Eglinton West

I think Eglinton East will be built, but it's going to be 50/50.

I think all the go stuff will be done to at least all day two way, even if RER doesn't happen. I think Milton will be a pressure point and finishing Barrie and Markham. Brampton will be done as well, they went in big for Doug.

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.53.50 PM.png

I did some number crunching, and found that the Spadina subway (Spadina to Sheppard Yonge) has a smaller ridership/km than the Sheppard Subway (these are 2016 statistics), however, when you consider the number of stations, the Spadina lins is almost tied with the Sheppard line. Both have fairly low ridership compared to the other lines, however, it's worth noting that the Danforth Subway isn't far off from either of these. This has nothing to do with peak ridership, but it's interesting to note total usage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.53.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.53.50 PM.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 411
The PCs have said that Finch is safe.

DRL is going to get built as the municipality and TTC and Metrolinx will all require it before Yonge North. Tory is going to push for it too. There are significant developer interests through BILD / First Gulf that are pushing for it as well.

Ford doesn't exist in a vacuum. He may be premier, but he is surrounded by advisors. Provincial politics is vastly different that municipal. The lead party holds more executive power, but every decision is heavily advised and strategic, made by a team. It's not lone wolf councillor/mayor voting freely under heavy meadia attention over every damn move.

again, y'all are real cynical.

This line will likely get design studies and get "funding", though I don't expect shovels in the ground until next term.

You could say the same thing about the President of the United States. How's that going? ;)

In any case, I don't think Ford will be like Trump, but I wouldn't put unpredictability or foolishness past him.

you can say that about any politician. At the end of the day they are indeed just promises, but I think we need to take them at least at face value for now. Who says that all that the other parties promised wasn't equally false / impossible? Sure, not all of them will come true, but I would be seriously surprised if they did a complete U-turn on the file from their election platform. If they are promising $5 billion in additional funding, they aren't going to turn around and suddenly start cutting funding left right and centre.

Funding will be limited here are what I think is going to happen

GO RER - fund and construct ASAP as it serves conservative ridings

Line 2 Extension - continue on current place with more stations. Debates will stop, but it won’t speed up either.

Sheppard - Ford won all the ridings along the Sheppard line. This line will at least be funded to Victoria Park like his brother wantted. Everything else will be until after next election.

Yonge North - this line will go into consultation. But they will defiantly drag their feet as not to anger the Lawrence Eglinton/Willowdale/York Centre crowd until the DRL south is done and North is funded. Every Toronto seat is precious and if he loses them, they ain’t coming back in this generation.

DRL - continue on its slow dragging study period. Government won’t deal with this one until next election.

Waterfront - dead

Eglinton East LRT - backburn like Sheppard is now

Finch - delayed

Eglinton West - nobody in the government will mention this.

Funding will be limited here are what I think is going to happen

GO RER - fund and construct ASAP as it serves conservative ridings

Line 2 Extension - continue on current place with more stations. Debates will stop, but it won’t speed up either.

Sheppard - Ford won all the ridings along the Sheppard line. This line will at least be funded to Victoria Park like his brother wantted. Everything else will be until after next election.

Yonge North - this line will go into consultation. But they will defiantly drag their feet as not to anger the Lawrence Eglinton/Willowdale/York Centre crowd until the DRL south is done and North is funded. Every Toronto seat is precious and if he loses them, they ain’t coming back in this generation.

DRL - continue on its slow dragging study period. Government won’t deal with this one until next election.

Waterfront - dead

Eglinton East LRT - backburn like Sheppard is now

Finch - delayed

Eglinton West - nobody in the government will mention this.
Isn't Eglinton West part of SmartTrack so a City of Toronto project?

^I dont know how that slipped my mind, well that makes the DRL 4th in line now. Here's Ford's probable list of priorities when it comes to the transit file:

#1: Scarborough
#2: Sheppard
#3: Yonge North
#4: DRL
Can’t we walk and chew gum at the same time? What if all were proceeding at the same time?

Where? I've seen statements from individuals saying otherwise.
There is a signed contract. The line runs through Ford’s own riding. Do they want a gas plant cancellation cost expense scandal from the first week? I doubt it.

We’ve all seen statements from Mamolitti.

Back